• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My thoughts on Fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjandinn

Reaction score
Note that this is all my opinion, I'm not stating any of this as fact.

My boyfriend and I bought Fable 3 the day it came out, and we had great hopes for it. I was gonna play it while he played Fallout New Vegas, then we would swap games once we beat them.
Well, I beat Fable 3 in three days (ironic numbers). It had me sitting in my chair saying "Wait what?"
To me, the game was far too short. I did not sit through a whole day playing. I only played for a couple of hours each day. I'm AWARE that there are side quests, and I did do some. But the story line compared to Fable 2 (my personal favorite) was far shorter.
Another thing I (and my boyfriend) didn't like was the lack of clothing and weapons. We're both big item collectors in games, and this was a major disappointment to both of us.
I also sorely missed upgrading things like my speed, accuracy, and whatnot else. But no, now I had to go through a bloody pathway and open chests. To me, it was a sissified way to upgrade.

So, to me, Fable 3 sucked.
But hey, if you don't think so, kudos to you for being able to enjoy it.

madferit

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I personally don't think the game is too short, since there are allot side quest and other fun things to do in Albion, however im with you on the dissapointment about the amount of weapons/cloths/ and items in general...I also miss the item-menu-screens I used to have in Fable II.

There are allot things that I don't like about Fable III...but there are also allot things I love about it...and in the end you can't really compare Fable with any other game right, guess it's really something special...like a rare precious gem...

Fjandinn

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I personally don't think the game is too short, since there are allot side quest and other fun things to do in Albion, however im with you on the dissapointment about the amount of weapons/cloths/ and items in general...I also miss the item-menu-screens I used to have in Fable II.

There are allot things that I don't like about Fable III...but there are also allot things I love about it...and in the end you can't really compare Fable with any other game right, guess it's really something special...like a rare precious gem...
Yeah, I really did miss the old menu screen stuff. I was baffled when I pressed Start and was sent to the Sanctuary (after the Sanctuary was discovered, of course). My boyfriend was like "What?" and I said "I think I'm in the menu...?"

I think the only thing I really liked about Fable 3 was the combat. I liked the seemingly random epic kills that I could do on enemies.

madferit

Reaction score
haha yeah im sure everyone can agree that the combat system is way better in Fable III xD

btw I also missed the option to save the game to different save slots..I used to have like 8 savegames for 1 Fable II hero. This way I could have very different games withouth starting all over again.

Fjandinn

Reaction score
haha yeah im sure everyone can agree that the combat system is way better in Fable III xD

btw I also missed the option to save the game to different save slots..I used to have like 8 savegames for 1 Fable II hero. This way I could have very different games withouth starting all over again.
I missed that too. I haven't looked much into the whole savegame thing in Fable 3, but can't you only make 5 Heroes or something like that?

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
You could only use one save per hero in Fable II and you could only have like six heroes... :blink:

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Dislikes:
Lack of clothing/weapons
Inability to do specific kill moves
Inability to effectively control the morphing of weapons
How slow all of the weapons are
Road to Rule
The map system
Interaction with NPCs
Shop inventory
Dog
Digging
Holding hand when they get stuck behind something and then you have to go get them :/

Sanctuary
Spell Weaving
House Management with the map
Kill moves
Larger map sections (for the most part)
Pawnshops
Dye system (variation of shade and tattoo dyes)

Neutral:
Neutral -> Friend -> Love/Best Friend and the quests to get to each stage
Sorting of items
Dye system (applying)
Lack of control for height/size/magical aura

Tylendel

Reaction score
You can control, height, muscle , and aura... Don't use guns if u want to stay short.. Using them grows u taller... Melée fighting makes u beefier, more magic use = more aura and brighter tattoos....

Granted in prev versions of fable u could do all combat and spend skills pts in areas that affected ur look. I liked that better.. But in the meantime, adjust ur combat style to make the appearance u want

po1s3n

Banshee killer
Reaction score
i can't say this was my favorite fable game, combat just doesn't feel right, and most of all i miss all the RPG elements that made the fable games so fun, it doesn't feel like the fantasy rpg it used to, To me it just feels like they tried to simplify fable II but in reality took away a whole wealth of depth to the game, don't get me wrong i still enjoyed the game but the lack of items and lack of the players own personality never really made it into the game like in the previous 2. I found that the major decisions did strike an emotional chord but i still never felt like really killing my brother i more or less just did the story to progress through the game, i never actually felt like it was my duty to save Albion. It was a fun game no doubt with some great additions but it still feels at its core like an almost fable II copy with a differant story strapped over it yet strips it of alot of its depth an in turn makes it the least impressive of the series I'd give it a 7.5/10

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
You can control, height, muscle , and aura... Don't use guns if u want to stay short.. Using them grows u taller... Melée fighting makes u beefier, more magic use = more aura and brighter tattoos....

Granted in prev versions of fable u could do all combat and spend skills pts in areas that affected ur look. I liked that better.. But in the meantime, adjust ur combat style to make the appearance u want

Then how come I only used guns (besides the beginning and where you first get to use a sword) was my Strength 3 star, my Stature 4 star, and my Aura 1 star when I used magic way more than melee and only used my gun? Maybe because I got hit so much? I don't know... :/

Tylendel

Reaction score
Dunno all I know is the official book says melee = str, guns, stature, and magic=magic/aura

My strength and stature are booths 5s with magic at 1

Also the chests on the road up ur stats a bit... I didn't open moat of the magic ones

I like, big , beefy character with NO will lines... I hate will lines.. I avoided them like the plague in f1, 2

Matt_352

Reaction score
I fkn miss the old menus from F2 bring them back for 4 and 5 and lose this sanctuary, and everything being in 3d it's crap. Repairing houses is bullcrap as well. Main storyline is far too short and far too fast paced especially the second half of the game. Aurora was meh. also that road to rule and unlocking abilities is uber annoying

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Dunno all I know is the official book says melee = str, guns, stature, and magic=magic/aura

My strength and stature are booths 5s with magic at 1

Also the chests on the road up ur stats a bit... I didn't open moat of the magic ones

I like, big , beefy character with NO will lines... I hate will lines.. I avoided them like the plague in f1, 2

Oh, I think that means what you opened for chests. Wait...I don't think I opened any chests other than Ranged...so that doesn't apply either. :/ This is frustrating.

P.S. Clearly that's what the official book says since it's been the factor for every game...:/

Status
Not open for further replies.