• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My various rants about Fable III

Matt_352

Reaction score
* First of all from playing Fable III, Lionhead has OBVIOUSLY rushed in their making of this game, and quite frankly that is ****ing sad because they really could have made it sooo much better.
* Please, Please, Please STOP turning Fable into an action-adventure game and bring it back to being a true RPG NOW.
* Good for them trying out new things such as the Sanctuary etc. but I would like a return of menus and the expression wheel.
* I thought the start of the game had flaws because, having to decide whether to execute some protestors or a love interest that YOU HAD ONLY HAD JUST MET, I thought it could have done with a childhood part like Fable II where your hero builds that relationship with elliott/elise, I think that would have made it a lot more deep.
* I thought the whole crawler/darkness as an invading force was pathetic, I was wanting a more proper war to strategize and fight in as King.
* There wasant enough variety in clothing.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
You're far from the blogosphere, aren't you?

Actually, forget about that statement. This is actually a rant, in it's purest form. Only complaints
over complaints. Good, now it's out of your system. Feeling making any logical sense out of it so
you can share your opinions with us, the nice fellows from Projectego?

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
That was beautiful.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what Matt had to say. I'm a huge Fable fan, but I dislike the direction the combat system as gone in. Then again, I think I've already let everyone know what my feelings are on the subject so there's no reason for ME to go off on another rant.

The nice fellows at ProjectEgo are undoubtedly great guys, men of vision, and have stylish hair cuts. However, when I (or someone else, like Matt) question their decisions, it's not to insult them. We do it because we love the Fable series. I would never presume to say that I know better than anyone else (at least not without a degree in whatever I was talking about) but I still have an opinion. Is it so wrong to put words to what I'm thinking? What a lot of us are thinking?

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Look, I'm not bootlicking as it is. But the higher-ups in Lionhead worked hard to get this game going. I think rants, even if well meant (which doesn't change them into something else), are a sort of ill-paid tribute to them. Honestly, Fable 3 has gone far from its preceding games. Although one can't deny the ominous omissions committed (such as the Will/Magic system-- it really killed my Wizard career), it will be overmuch to say that Fable 3 is a degenerate of a game compared to its fellows in the series. removed from the semantics, what I'm saying is: Fable 3 deserves much more applause from the audience than what it is currently getting now.

BWfreak

Reaction score
Look, I'm not bootlicking as it is. But the higher-ups in Lionhead worked hard to get this game going. I think rants, even if well meant (which doesn't change them into something else), are a sort of ill-paid tribute to them. Honestly, Fable 3 has gone far from its preceding games. Although one can't deny the ominous omissions committed (such as the Will/Magic system-- it really killed my Wizard career), it will be overmuch to say that Fable 3 is a degenerate of a game compared to its fellows in the series. removed from the semantics, what I'm saying is: Fable 3 deserves much more applause from the audience than what it is currently getting now.

Fable 3 was a good game. The end to me did seem a little rushed, but for the most part it was a good game. But when compared to the previous two Fable games, there are some differences and changes that I feel made Fable what it was; the spell system as well as the leveling system for example. So I wouldn't say it was a bad game. It just didn't hold that Fable-esque feeling that I loved so much from the past games.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with the levelling system. Makes it harder to overpower your character: not like in Fable I/TLC where I mastered all my skills when I farmed Twinblade and his quest.