• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

my wishlist and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Butcher Wing

Re: my wishlist and ideas

One little wish I have is the option to actually name your kids! The whole nickname thing doesn't work for me. ;)

I take it back! One more little wish I have is to have a Butcher job. Sure would be nice if I can live up to my name! Hmm... I guess the "engine" of the mini-game would be to time the pushes of the A button evenly and repeatedly, so the chops come out nice and perfect!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Butcher Wing;244783 said:
One little wish I have is the option to actually name your kids! The whole nickname thing doesn't work for me. ;)

What do you mean the nickname thing doesn't work for you? After you change the name; it's as if it were never any different. Sure, they're born with a different name; but after you change it, [shrugs]. Works for me.

B

Butcher Wing

Walker;244876 said:
What do you mean the nickname thing doesn't work for you? After you change the name; it's as if it were never any different. Sure, they're born with a different name; but after you change it, [shrugs]. Works for me.

No, no! :lol:

What I meant was that I would prefer to change the actual name. If I assign a nickname for my kid, the nickname gets assigned, but whenever he/she speaks, it still shows his/her original name.

I just prefer to name my kid, rather than have the game randomly assign one. Sorry for the confusion!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

What do you mean whenever he/she speaks? You mean when you target them the name that pops up isn't the nickname? I could have sworn that when it did it for me I got the nickname...

B

Butcher Wing

Okay, I'll give you an example. Let's say her given name is Angela, and I give her the name as "Karin" instead. When I highlight her and go to "More Info," yes, her name is changed to Karin. But whenever she speaks, there is a subtitle that sometimes appears on the bottom of the screen. And on the subtitle, it reads:

Angela: I love seeing mum so happy!"

I would rather have the game display her name I assign instead. See what I mean?

Hope this clears it up!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah that annoyed me slightly too - I called all my kids variants of "accident" "waste of space" and "curse you Durex" but they still spoke with David, Peter and Anne or whatever as their names... :(

B

Butcher Wing

Angel;245393 said:
Yeah that annoyed me slightly too - I called all my kids variants of "accident" "waste of space" and "curse you Durex" but they still spoke with David, Peter and Anne or whatever as their names... :(

:lol:

Here's to hoping for a future patch that'll address this!

Accident: I love our house, mum! But I love the name you gave me more!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Butcher Wing;245391 said:
Okay, I'll give you an example. Let's say her given name is Angela, and I give her the name as "Karin" instead. When I highlight her and go to "More Info," yes, her name is changed to Karin. But whenever she speaks, there is a subtitle that sometimes appears on the bottom of the screen. And on the subtitle, it reads:

Angela: I love seeing mum so happy!"

I would rather have the game display her name I assign instead. See what I mean?

Hope this clears it up!

Ah, okay. I have subtitles turned off-- that's why I didn't get what you were saying. Probably. Or, who knows, maybe I'm just slow on the uptake.

B

Butcher Wing

Walker;245498 said:
Ah, okay. I have subtitles turned off-- that's why I didn't get what you were saying. Probably. Or, who knows, maybe I'm just slow on the uptake.

Hey, it's cool, man! Like you said, unless you turned on the subs, you wouldn't have known.

Oh, and I'll add a couple more things to my wishlist: multiple item transfers, and the ability to input your money amount to transfer, rather than pressing up to your desired amount.

I have a bad left thumb.:p

F

fable2champ

yer i like the sounds of that dark village i h8 been lonley i choose to save all the people to live that died in the spire so i dont have my dog(i turned evil) and now im so lonley not having any freinds or anything. can w8 for the ne achievments look at my forum

D

DarkDecapodian

Hmm...it might end up taking a bit of memory, but what if another benefit of mastering a trade meant that you could use your newfound skill to craft things for your own ends? You could even design your own equipment. I know I was kinda disappointed with the rather narrow range of weaponry and costumes on offer (though the dyes were a nice touch, it meant my character could be a Dudley Do-right and still be gothy).

M

MaXoNeMiLLioN

I think these are exelent ideas and will be disapointed if i dont see them in fable 3

E

EmperorofAlbion

I love reading this. It's fun to see al of the awesome ideas people had, and what Lionhead went through with.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

these lists were awesome and said everything i was expecting when i discovered after beating fable but... when i discovered fable II true nature i was let down (sort of(i haven't played but i've seen))

I

iSheikah

The ability to own and ride horses! Or dragons! You can't be the greatest hero in the land and not have your own personal dragon ^_^

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

iSheikah;282417 said:
The ability to own and ride horses! Or dragons! You can't be the greatest hero in the land and not have your own personal dragon ^_^

that would be great but having a dragon is impossible because there extinct since the old kingdom

J

jakesmith

Hey Friends,
This is Jake Smith....
Wow Its great....
I like it very much....
Thanks!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Such a shame Lionhead didn't see this thread :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.