• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DLC out today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veryl

Reaction score
Just loaded up Fable 3 and there was some new DLC in the sanctuary.

Male and Female Highlander outfit.
Highlander tattoo set
Dye pack
Industrail Knight Suit
Red Setter Dog Potion

That was it... No new levels or anything...

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Yeah I just went on to the marketplace then and saw all that, I downloaded the Industrial Knight Suit and the Dye pack, the others I got with the LCE ^_^

Veryl

Reaction score
Yeah I just went on to the marketplace then and saw all that, I downloaded the Industrial Knight Suit and the Dye pack, the others I got with the LCE ^_^

Yeah, same here... I was hoping for some new region or someting. New hair styles would of been nice. I heard there was a Hair Style pack that showed up day one but was taken down. Maybe next week? Oh, and nothing beats the Boxer dog from pre-order!^_^

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Hmmmm I reckon I will be forking out a lot of Microsoft points over the coming month(s) :/

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score
Wow I was hoping for something more........adventurous.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
3 new models. An hour of work for a professional modeller. Textures were probably quicker. Code is already in place to accept that stuff. It should be free. :p

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
Most of its not even new.

Its basically the Dye pack, and the Knight armour. Other then that, its just DLC for people that have got the Game pre-owned. The highlander stuff and the dog come free with the game, any version. Its not the LCE stuff, its the "I bought the game brand new" stuff.

Releasing the dye pack this early as a pay item and not bundling it with other stuff is going to set the roof off though. Within 3 hours this forum is going to be flooded with bitching posts about it, because it is a blatant cut from the game for the sake of DLC. I thought they would at least tag it in with some extra quests etc.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
It's true though, they did cut stuff from the game to create DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if almost every gaming developer does this, but..
The black dye is too obvious :/

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
When I saw this thread I thought 'yey, new quests, a new region, probably new clothes, weapons; something else to do than butchering my population and sexing my wives'..
I guess not.

Reaction score
I don't think I want to get the industrial knight outfit, a mechanical gimp suit just isn't for Me.

I want look like a ruler, not Iron Man.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
The highlander outfit and dye pack isn't new :S I had it since the start also had Understone mission.

Here's a pic for the industrial knight outfit for anyone who has yet to see it:
IndustrialKnightFront.jpg

And the article here.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
It's true though, they did cut stuff from the game to create DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if almost every gaming developer does this, but..
The black dye is too obvious :/

They do. How else do you think they get those "DLC"?

The highlander outfit and dye pack isn't new :S I had it since the start also had Understone mission.

Here's a pic for the industrial knight outfit for anyone who has yet to see it:
IndustrialKnightFront.jpg

And the article here.

Robot ninjas in Albion. Wonderful.

Roopert66

Reaction score
I said i would'nt download it...but i did...i wanted black dye and i fell for their evil tactics...damn....the Industrial Knight too but to be honest i probably wont use it, it fails to blend with other outfits so is a bit of a 'one off'. What really annoys me is why 'Understone' wasnt on there as well...i mean theres loads of people who managed to snaffle it on its one day (one hour?) release before it was taken down. Its a crazy at the moment but despite it all i still love playing it.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I said i would'nt download it...but i did...i wanted black dye and i fell for their evil tactics...damn....the Industrial Knight too but to be honest i probably wont use it, it fails to blend with other outfits so is a bit of a 'one off'. What really annoys me is why 'Understone' wasnt on there as well...i mean theres loads of people who managed to snaffle it on its one day (one hour?) release before it was taken down. Its a crazy at the moment but despite it all i still love playing it.

I doubt I'll get either DLC. Not just because I'm poor but because this is ridiculous that Lionhead went out of there way just to cut content from the game so we would have to pay extra.

Roopert66

Reaction score
You are right...im still mad at myself how quickly i hit the download button, i know they are taking us for suckers and this game is probably going to become a benchmark for product squeezing but i still did it...i will sit in a dark corner of shame for several minutes.

Aruu

Reaction score
I doubt I'll get either DLC. Not just because I'm poor but because this is ridiculous that Lionhead went out of there way just to cut content from the game so we would have to pay extra.

I have to agree. That's really unfair to cut content from the game to put it up for sale, even if it makes money for them. The Sims 3 did the exact same thing, cutting out items at the last minute so they could put them up on their overpriced store. It didn't help that one dollar and one pound both equalled one "point", but that's a bugbear for a different day.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
What's up with the cream dye!?
It's more white than the white dye o.0
IMO grey, white and black should be in one dye

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
That's annoying. I just finished playing yesterday as I had finished the game twice (once good and once evil, one male and once female) and I have all achievements, all weapons, all clothes, all everything really. I also just got Call of Duty: Black Ops. Now you're telling me there's more!? XD

I mean I'm happy, but they could have waited a little while and most importantly included at least one playable DLC, not just new dyes and clothes.

Roopert66

Reaction score
How much was the 'Understone' DLC when it showed up briefly on marketplace? did someone say 400MP?

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
How much was the 'Understone' DLC when it showed up briefly on marketplace? did someone say 400MP?
yes i think so.
i have 470 msp right now. so i'll probably get it, and not get the hair pack when its released.

Status
Not open for further replies.