• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New enemies?

Wiigzy

Hero of New England
Reaction score
With all the hype building up for Fable 4, anyone have anyone have ideas of what some new baddies could be?

Reactions: lee

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what era the new title will be based in.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
If the new Fable was set before the events of the original Fable, I would love to fight against the legendary Platinum Troll. The Darkwood Spiders and giant Lobsters that were cut from the original game would be interesting also. I miss the bosses such as the Kraken, Scorpion King and Dragon from the original game. I think that Fable 4 should bring back some massive creatures to fight, one of those size and scale.

Last edited:

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
Yeah if its set before fable 1 all the mythical creatures are a must. If its an online rp dueling other players. Fighting rival heroes would be cool too depending how they make it. I hope they dont make it like fallout 76 where its focused too much on multiplayer and the only humans are other players. That idea was a huge turn off for me and seems like a really lazy way to avoid storylines and quests and rpg elements which is what games like fable or fallout are all about.

Really depends on the age it is set in though. If they do it 100 years before fable 2 seeing the people of albion turn against the heroes with guns could be interesting. Have people offer quests then screw you over after completion or it was an ambush of like 20 people.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
My two personal two favourite story lines would be how the Heroes Guild formed originally or how it was destroyed. If it was to be based on the latter I would like to see more different kinds of Screamers, Summoners or super kinds of Minon. It always disappointed me a bit that these greats enemies disappeared after the original Fable, it would have been interesting to see how these creatures would have evolved over time.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ugh summoners - I hated them. They were a tough enemy for me. But the first fable did enemies really well, even though I sucked at beating them.

I'd like to see either the aforementioned cut creatures or else some entirely new creations. Maybe if you have to team up with other players or NPC's perhaps having to fight cooperatively with the really big bosses would be kind of cool.

I'd like to see less humanoid creaturs too - fable 3 had far too many of these. Don't get me wrong, I love my Hobbes and balverines but we just seemed to have lots of variations on humanlike creatures.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I totally agree, I think that Fable 2 and more so with Fable 3, there was a massive focus on humanoid creatures. I much preferred the mythical creatures such as Nymph, Dragon’s and Summoners. The creatures that were cut from the original were also fascinating, you can easily find them in the coding and I am surprised that they never made the original cut. Liked the idea about facing large bosses cooperatively.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The gun play in Fable 2 was so much fun. I'd love to face another white balverine again.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I initially thought that I would personally hate the gun play in Fable 2. But it worked very well and I can quite honestly say that it was very enjoyable. The closest that we got to some serious fire power in Fable 1 was the cut Reapeater Crossbow and hand bombs. It would have been interesting to try to take on the Kraken ect with a gun.