• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Magic Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

фңαŋ╦♂М
Reaction score
New Magic Idea

Most of us hate using magic in fable I and II, so I'd like to know your ideas on what they should make the Fable III magic combat like.
Remember Lionhead will stick with three-button combat, but you could also give Ideas to keep the simplicity and have awesome combat.

All I would say is that they should make the spells powerful, and thinks like fireball actually incinerate enemies.
They need spells that protect the Hero, and enhance his/her skills.

Any let's hear your opinions...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: New Magic Idea

Nothing wrong with the magic system in Fable/Fable TLC if you ask me. The "pause" the charge-up system in Fable 2 brings is sorta annoying though, I'll agree on that.

SaintHermit

I nose hair
Reaction score

They should take the temple of shadows wheel of fortune thing and turn it into a spell. When you use it, a gremlin pops out, spins a wheel and what ever it lands on happens to your target. For example - A bandit's turn lands on the screaming willies which makes him so scared he drops his weapon.

Also you could have it be put on you as a gamble.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

They really should've kept the original Lightning spell in Fable 2. Much more mobility.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

id prefer it if they didn't stick to the same spell animations over and over. i want to see lighting cast out the tlc way as tsuyu said, and then a completely different animation for another. so its basically going back to the tlc magic system. oh, and i would like to have a new ice spell

rhett_thom

Lion Heart
Reaction score

the Fable/TLC magic system was annoying, I loved the Fable II magic system. much much better than Fable

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

I loved both...

Joe Cobbold

Fart Sniffer
Reaction score

I love fable 2 spell system however it would be cool if for example ,, You slung a fireball at a house it would cause the house to gradually burn .... and like guards have to put the fire out .... That would be cool :p

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

I want to charge my weapon like:
Level 1: Fire charge
Level 2: Lightning charge
Level 3: Multiple Charge
Level 4: Light Charge (weapon becomes gold)
Level 5: All of the above

And the spell that Garth uses in II.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

As I've said once before...

Necromancer11;331180 said:
I still think that Fable 3's magic system should be somewhat of a hybrid between Fable 1 & 2's magic systems. Each spell could still have the targeted effect and the surround effect, but you could choose to charge your spell (which would use a tiny amount of mana, or none at all), or you could use it without charging for the same effect and same amount of damage, but this would drain your mana a lot. I also think that will potions that restore mana should be expensive, or hard to find, just so that the instant-use spell doesn't have an advantage over the charged spell.

Terminal Hapiness

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Reaction score

I don't like the current magic system where you choose the spell based on power level. I say they should try to make switching spells easier, and allow each bar to house a spell that you can charge till the end.

Joshman

Fortune Teller
Reaction score

Will they make a new spell?

Z

zalp

i liked the magic system but i want moar spellz.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

more spells, and get rid of the charge. bigger spells=more mana lost...or if you don't wanna have a HUD you can make your character have a cool-down where he/she runs slower, hits less. more use of spells means greater endurance...similar to working out.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

I'd rather them go back to the old magic system, personally, albeit modified so it isn't so clunky (removing useless spells, combining different spells based on your current action, etc.). Waiting for my high level spells to charge in Fable II was both annoying and inconvenient.

Milycious

Fabled Pirate
Reaction score

Most of us hate using magic?
Man, what's more enjoyable than chucking a tasty fireball at some ennemies, and that zap that up and shizzle.

Thing I didnt like was the skin getting this blue glow... thats why I unlearned all my stuff. If I wanted to look like a lamp, I'd head to the local plastic surgeon ffs.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

^Awwww, but the blue glow helps ya see in the dark. It hurts when you kick furniture in the dark.

X

Xeon

On Computer Fable 1 using fable 1 magic wasn't bad at all

Status
Not open for further replies.