• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to Modding Fable?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: New to Modding Fable?

superairboy;117392 said:
I have the X-Box version of the game, as stated in an earlier post.
Oh, sorry. don't mind me I'm as blind as a bat. ^_^

S

superairboy

So how do I get the files off my X-Box game?

OldBoy

Reaction score

Updated the first post with a lot of stuff lately.
And catigorized the game.bin editing in three groups.

Some good new stuff:

# Keshire made a modelling tutorial video - a must for anyone wanting to learn how to model fast!

# Also for anyone wanting to work with animations; Silver added basic instructions for the application he wrote - they should get you on your way with the CApearanceDef.

Again; if you think I've missed a tutorial or info that should be in the first post; post it below and I'll take a look.

I'm also glad to see the modding thing is still alive and kicking! Keep up the good work modders! :cool:

-Still don't have much time to do it myself though... Anyway, I hope this all helps. :lol:

B

Balverine

oh man y is modding still so complicated for me !!!

K

Kyuumi

I like this, explains everything you need to know!
Reputation +

S

Sony123

Anybody know how to change how much EXP You get from A Green Orb Ive also heard of something where you can mak your own weapon and i have no idea what its called And i need to know how to put it all in one save file

J

jagerbud

i have a question i am very new to modding fable. i have a probably stupid question but i looked and really couldn't find what i was looking for. Is there anyway to change the color of the lightning animation?

OldBoy

Reaction score

If you could find the texture for it in the textures.big - and change it, but I think Fable Explorer can't open it... not sure though.
What you can do is change the effect itself to some other effect.

J

jagerbud

all i really wanted to do was to turn the light blue color to red and the dark blue to black. any ideas what i could use to edit that texture? and probably another stupid question where can i find the spells so i can change the length of time it last how strong it is and of that sort? i have read through most of the forums regarding editing on here and i am not sure i have understood them all.

I

iDurkk

hey mates,

I just want to know,

if there is a mod to increase the legnth of the heroe's hair and to modify the hair colour

OldBoy

Reaction score

iDurkk;148205 said:
hey mates,

I just want to know,

if there is a mod to increase the legnth of the heroe's hair and to modify the hair colour

To change the color see the texture replacement tutorials (mind that they are alpha enabled).

As for longer hair; no. It's not possible to import dynamic models in the game.
You could try something by scaling the hair model a bit larger, but that's it.

M

Max Kreeger

I'm soooo confused. Whenever I click anywhere for help it takes me to other place which confuses me even more. IS there a tutorial anywhere for xbox modding which is detailed and straight through. From downloading the file to the end. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Max

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Max Kreeger;152776 said:
I'm soooo confused. Whenever I click anywhere for help it takes me to other place which confuses me even more. IS there a tutorial anywhere for xbox modding which is detailed and straight through. From downloading the file to the end. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Max
Xbox modding is very hard, and from what I hear very confusing. Not a lot of mods for it either. So. :ninja:

M

Max Kreeger

The reasons its hard is because you have to setup a FTP connection (File Transfer Protocol) and then start editing. I've done that with GTA SA. My only problem is I don't know which program is suitable for xbox modding and how the program is used. The rest I'll figure out.

Thank you
Max

P

Patrik1011

I have created a shop but how do i put some weapons,clothes,items there?

like put all weapons,clothes and all items there

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

aw,i don't have winzip...no fair.

S

Scythe_

Hey im new to all of this can somebody fill me in on how to mod fable and what i need?

V

VideoGame420

Ok guys i'm verry stupid and I need help.
I open Fable Explorer then go to texture.big
Then I pick GBANK_MAIN_PC
After that i picked HERO_ARMOUR_TROUSERS_GOOD

Here is the pic of where I'm stuck.
FreeImageHosting.net Hosting Service

What do I do after that? How do I let's say ........change the colour of trousers?
What should i click on to do that or what should I open. Please explain thank you.
P.s great info on the first page but i'm still kinda dumb so HELP ME :(.

V

VideoGame420

Hah thx After i made my first mod with purple helmet .....I changed my hero into jack of blades xP hehe really helps nice guides.

H

HARDCORe

hmm, but if I downloaded a wepon could I just drag&drop into the correct folder???
PLZ IM STUCK :(