• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to Modding Fable?

Kewl Munky

Reaction score
Re: New to Modding Fable?

I figured out I was under the wrong registry thinger, and I found fable TLC, but not the fable/1.0. Anyhow, I entered your mypath and changed it to the proper partition for my hard drive.

Now when I try to load it it says I'm missing a WAD file that contains the game's region information. I extracted the files from both links on that one site and put them all in one folder, so I have no clue as to what I could be missing.

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

I'm not an idiot that says I did nothing when I did something >.> I guess I'm just doing it wrong. Anyhow I think we should stick with the Fable Explorer app since it seems to be easier for me to use.

OldBoy

Reaction score

And here's another update. The problem with the maximum message limit was solved by our admin Angel! Thanks and rep for that!

uchiha_1304

made in fable
Reaction score

COOLL plusrep to you OldBoy W00t

D

DragonMaster91

How about an issue where fable wants to close on you every half an hour?

U

ulevo

nice! i mainly only use a couple of the links through here but cool. :)

OldBoy

Reaction score

DragonMaster91;264419 said:
How about an issue where fable wants to close on you every half an hour?

Did you use any mods? If so, which one(s)?

But I'd say it looks more like a soft-, or hardware problem not related to modding whatsoever.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Sorry if this has been already mentioned: I'm getting TLC soon and wonder if there's anything I should do to avoid hiccups concerning windows vista. I'm gonna be using FE, AE and Freeroam.

What I mean is, is there anything I should be warned about concerning vista's tendancy to bollock things up?

jwc2200

Reaction score

You need to start by making sure you are the administrator. That is what I have seen as the problem with vista, but there may be others, use the "Search this Forum" function for more info.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Cheers, I have my own laptop so I have admin as a default. I also read that you need to run them as admin, and have the UAC turned off. I've done that. Thanks, I'll +rep you.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Update.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score

hey OldBoy! Is there anyway to add items to a trader or to edit the item's price or maybe is a way to edit the spell's to require no mana or make the spells free in the Experience screen. Is there a way to do these? +rep if you know!

Reaction score

For some reason brain mods do not work for me. I have tried almost everything I can think of to try and get it to work, but I change the values, hit "Apply Changes" , and then run it... but it acts as if nothing was ever changed.

Every other kind of mod works, but it is not recognizing the change in brains.

Reaction score

Right now, I am trying to replace the little girl's brain with a balverine brain. :)

I have tried to do several things.

First attempt: Added new values such as, "Search for Enemy" to her. When I applied changes and loaded, she did not attack, nor did she search for an enemy.

Second attempt: I exported the girls brain and the balverine's brain data, and then imported the balverine brain data into the girls brain. When I loaded, she did not act like a balverine.

Third attempt: I created a new brain and added some of the girl's and balverine's characteristics that I wanted, and I assigned that brain to the girl, but still, she remained the same.

Reaction score

JohnDoe;284858 said:
It's the CEnemyDef. Her CEnemyDef assigns her to the villager faction, allies of the Hero.
Change the CEnemyDef to that of an enemy.

Awesome! It worked. :D Thanks a lot.

Game can't handle that much of all the villagers trying to kill everyone. But it's still funny. (wouldn't let me adjust the girls brain, got an error, so I had to import and export the girl's brain, it ended up changing the brain for all of the villagers)

But thanks! +rep

S

SepiaTree

Hey, I'm trying to get a new hat/mask object to work. It was a file saved as a .fmp file, but is unwearable. (although i did successfully spawn it, it crashed when i scrolled down to wear it.) The post also had a .x file, I'm not sure where to go to load it, how to load it, or even really why its crashing. Other clothing .fmp's crashed Fable too, so its probably not just the the absence of a 3d model, any idea?

jwc2200

Reaction score

Are you applying these fmps with Fable Explorer? The way you said "file saved as a .fmp file" makes me wonder.

F

Freil

Just started modding yesterday so... Following the camera tutorial by Marcopolo that is linked at the start of this thread you can change the zoom ratio. Nice work btw. Sadly I wanted more. I am sure someone has done this before but I thought I may throw it out there.

How to create any number of camera zooms at any distance.

Open CAMERA_MANAGER tree.

Open CAMERA_MANAGER_PC_MAIN window

Doubleclick CAMERA_MANAGER tree that is in the window to get all the info.

Second listing is CameraList, doubleclick blue CAMERA_PC_NORMAL

When CAMERA_PC_NORMAL window opens, export.

Now, rightclick game.bin and Create New Entry.

You can create any number of new cameras, Name is not important, Type is CAMERA_MODE.

Now go back to your CameraList and click the ADD button.

It will add a new camera listing at the bottom. Replace the field with the number of your camera. This is found under the CAMERA_MODE tree.

Now you have a 3 step zoom instead of only 2.

Change the Dolly field under the camera modes to adjust your zoom as you like and or add as many cameras as you choose. You can keep using the original export as a template for them and just adjust the dolly field. For example I added 3 cameras and have the fields step from 2,3,4,5,6. This allows you to get closer and further than the default camera.
Hope this is understandable since I have no idea what im doing half the time. Yay backups.

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score

im having an issue with fable tlc. the problem is when i use lightning on a target my game immediately says "Fable is not reponding". Can someone please help me out?