• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Tomb Raider anyone?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have it and I love it. I might be slightly biased, but I am genuinely impressed by how good it is. Not perfect by any means, but definitely not a disappointment. My only real complaint is that she can't swim now. She can wade through water sure, but I'm pretty sure going into water of significant depth just results in her untimely death. I know this is an origin story but I'd like to think my heroine could swim without the use of armbands. Just seems kinda odd, considering she's had to ability to swim since the beginning. Water = death is a pet peeve of mine anyway, but this just seems silly, especially for a TR game.

Also, some of the writing in the menus is far too small. My TV is a pretty reasonable size and I can't read half of what's there. Including the unlockable skills and weapon upgrade descriptions. I have no idea what I'm actually upgrading.

Anyone else have it? Want it? Interested? Anything?

...Guys?

Hellooo?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I want it soooo bad but I still have dues ex & Ass creed 3 to complete. Its on my list to get along with DmC, I used to fart about on the mansion lvls as a kid on ps1 never actually played a whole TR game all the way through but I followed the production of the game and I'm anxious to play it.

You can't swim? Thats sucks! Lara isn't lara without swimming, guns and boobies. Does she still have boobies? I hope she still has boobies... :(

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh believe me; she still has boobies. There's so many cleavage and butt shots it's unreal. I'm not complaining or anything just... Something serious is going on and it's like I DON'T CARE BOOBIES. BOOBIES BOOBIES BOOBIES.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
What's her bra size in this one?

Reaction score
Only time I've ever played Tomb Raider was on the PS1 with a friend, though admittedly I do have fond memories of locking the butler in the fridge on the mansion level to stop him from following me around all the time. That was funny.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Def gonna play this one.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It looks good I have to admit & I havent played any of them for years. Are you playing it on a standard def TV by any chance?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It looks good I have to admit & I havent played any of them for years. Are you playing it on a standard def TV by any chance?

My TV is HD ready, just need to invest in a HDMI wire. Plus I'm blind as a bat which doesn't help. Never had this trouble with other games, but meh.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My TV is HD ready, just need to invest in a HDMI wire. Plus I'm blind as a bat which doesn't help. Never had this trouble with other games, but meh.

I had the issue with original Dead Rising because apparently it was designed in HD & on standard TV's the text was so small you couldnt see it. They did patch it at a later date however, what resolution are you using?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had the issue with original Dead Rising because apparently it was designed in HD & on standard TV's the text was so small you couldnt see it. They did patch it at a later date however, what resolution are you using?

1920 x 1080, I think.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Apparently there is an option in the menu called text magnification or something like that according to Gamespot forums, unsure if that is only found in PC version or its in console version too.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I loved it. I cant wait for this series re-boot to really take off.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Apparently there is an option in the menu called text magnification or something like that according to Gamespot forums, unsure if that is only found in PC version or its in console version too.

Nothing like that available to my knowledge, sadly. Looks like I'll just have to endure until I get my hands on a HDMI wire, which should be easy enough so I'm not worrying.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So, I completed it a few days ago and I can't recommend it more. It's amazing, and without sounding overly bias, I'd give it a 8 or 9/10. Not perfect by any means but damn well near it. I like the subtle hints that possibly point to the next game's storyline and it's got me looking forward to what CD will produce next for the Tomb Raider series.

The single player is very good, but I can't really comment on the multiplayer as I haven't had a taste of it yet. From what I've heard though, it's pretty average as far as multiplayers go. Luckily I'm not really into multiplayers, so it makes no difference to me.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful for double posting.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lots of people I know have been really enjoying it & say they cant recommend it enough & the gaming media seem to like it too. Then there are the crowd that run at the sound of the word 'reboot' & plenty of people on DMC.org who have been slating it for straying away from the original formula. Weird how reboots seem to have such a huge divide in fans (same goes for DmC). I havent played it but its the first Tomb Raider that has had any interest from me for many years so they must be doing something right.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Lots of people I know have been really enjoying it & say they cant recommend it enough & the gaming media seem to like it too. Then there are the crowd that run at the sound of the word 'reboot' & plenty of people on DMC.org who have been slating it for straying away from the original formula. Weird how reboots seem to have such a huge divide in fans (same goes for DmC). I havent played it but its the first Tomb Raider that has had any interest from me for many years so they must be doing something right.

The whole reboot trashing thing really bugs me. I'm a longtime TR fan, I've played every single one of them and when I heard there was a reboot coming along, I was happy. These kids who moan about it don't seem to realise that a game can't stay the same forever. It just can't. Back in the days of the first three Tomb Raiders, sales went considerably down with each release because(with the exception of a couple new features, and of course, the new stories) the games stayed the same. It's a formula that cannot work for long periods of time. Legend was technically a reboot, and it completely flipped her entire backstory but because they didn't slap an actual "reboot" sticker on it, many longtime fans didn't complain. In this reboot, Lara is still very much Lara. It's subtle, but it is there. I think it's a fantastic reboot and the potential is amazing. These people who are still complaining about DmC and TR really need to lighten up.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The whole reboot trashing thing really bugs me. I'm a longtime TR fan, I've played every single one of them and when I heard there was a reboot coming along, I was happy. These kids who moan about it don't seem to realise that a game can't stay the same forever. It just can't. Back in the days of the first three Tomb Raiders, sales went considerably down with each release because(with the exception of a couple new features, and of course, the new stories) the games stayed the same. It's a formula that cannot work for long periods of time. Legend was technically a reboot, and it completely flipped her entire backstory but because they didn't slap an actual "reboot" sticker on it, many longtime fans didn't complain. In this reboot, Lara is still very much Lara. It's subtle, but it is there. I think it's a fantastic reboot and the potential is amazing. These people who are still complaining about DmC and TR really need to lighten up.

I know right, they call themselves fans yet dont seem to want to except change that could in theory spring new life into a dwindling franchise but would rather the series died & be remembered on old merits & that it 'used' to be good. Tomb Raider was once one of the heavy hitters in the action/adventure genre but after many mediocre games it had dropped down the list. This game seems to have helped to propel the series back up that list & start getting attention once again, something every fan should be happy about whether they like the new direction or not.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I know right, they call themselves fans yet dont seem to want to except change that could in theory spring new life into a dwindling franchise but would rather the series died & be remembered on old merits & that it 'used' to be good. Tomb Raider was once one of the heavy hitters in the action/adventure genre but after many mediocre games it had dropped down the list. This game seems to have helped to propel the series back up that list & start getting attention once again, something every fan should be happy about whether they like the new direction or not.

I can't tell you how pleased I am as a fan. I was somewhat worried for a while that my fond memories of TR would fade into the past but this reboot gives it new life and makes it current. And being current isn't always a bad thing. The reboot isn't even a case of style over substance either. I loved the exploring the setting, discovering little secrets and relics. Just these little things made it so interesting. Not to mention the parts in the story that made me go "WTF!" It's just a shame really that the people who are trashing it won't be able to take the time to truly appreciate it and they're missing out on one heck of a game.Their loss. =]