• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Town [WIP]

M

Marcopolo

New Town [WIP]

okay so i've been working on this mod on and off for a while over at fabletlcmod and i thought i should start a thread over here too since some people seemed interested

as it says in the name i am making a "new" town, the way i have done this is kinda simple but took an absolutely massive amount of tng editing, most of which was done by hand before albion explorer came out o_O. so i have not created a new area i have just hijacked the chamber of fate literally, i added 3 before all the z coords for the stuff that was already in the area so 10 would be 310 and so on so all of the stuff is now floating waay above the level including the dome and in the cleared space i have made a completely unique and new town using mostly bowerstone buildings and some that were not used and one special one that was an object that i scaled up about 300 percent.

i do not guarantee this will be finished in the near future or ever for that matter, really started off as an experiment and kinda evolved into this full town

currently most of the buildings are placed but they have no furniture, i have recently changed part of the layout so that reduced the amount of currently placed stuff (main reason it's a WIP, i will always want to change it to be better!) so yeah without further adieu here are some pics, also i am open to new ideas, not stupid ones though like a store that sells everything and makes the game even easier, things like layout ideas or cool little things.

me^ ...............................project ego^

if you havent noticed i am trying to base it off the original good bowerstone

:D

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
Re: New Town [WIP]

Hmm i love it!!

Can u make a special Part of town where its gaurded by walls and u can go in and slay monsters that are put in there? also i would like to see lots of shops there :ninja:

M

Marcopolo

most of that middle ring is shops

maybe on the monsters dunno not much room left :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Some nice work there, im liking it! Cant wait to see the end product +rep

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Alot better than what I can do. :p

B

biggz

nj cant wait to see how it turns out and also how long did it take for you to make and edit the town?
+rep

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

Is it possible to expand a map or make a new one?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Kave;74980 said:

You should've asked this in the questions thread :w00t: :p

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

true, but to late

V

Vegeta

I want to do this but if Markie cant... I can't.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Kave;74980 said:

Well a new one, no. But expand, in a way, yes.

If you consider that Marco located his town in the chamber of fate (where you battle jack in the guild). That's where he made the screenshots :D

But Marco is able to tell you all about it, he knows more about scripting fable then .. hell, everyone.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

OldBoy;75054 said:
Well a new one, no. But expand, in a way, yes.

If you consider that Marco located his town in the chamber of fate (where you battle jack in the guild). That's where he made the screenshots :D

But Marco is able to tell you all about it, he knows more about scripting fable then .. hell, everyone.

Ya. He's generally the person to go to for scripting. Too time consuming for me.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Amazing!

Simply Amazing!

M

Marcopolo

why thank you :D

you have no idea how long that took me, also i have revised it a few times already and came up with a new idea to try a few days ago. i might chuck out a crudeish beta sometime soon, just tie up some loose ends and cut off access to the completely unfinished part of the town :p.

okay now a shout out to all the story writers out there, i have a base idea for a story for this town but i am no writer so i thought i should post the story and see if anyone could make a good iteration of it that doesnt sound so empty like mine

story structure : i've decided on a new name and the framework of a new story

the new name is ashenvale, it is oakvale's twin city. the story will be somewhere along the lines of: there were two brother architects that built the major cities of albion, they were always competing to be the best so one day they agreed on a competition, they were to build two twin cities in their own styles, one brother had built bowerstone and the other had stuck more to the smaller villages and was therefore not well known. the older of the two brothers who had designed bowerstone built the town ashenvale and the younger brother built oakvale...

so yeah, it kinda sucks but the idea is there if anyone can expand on it a bit :D

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Hmm...I could think about it, if you don't mind a little silliness >_<"

Anywho. Awesome job, there. Hmm...Wouldn't this mess up the Chamber of Fate sequences or is it somehow in a different area of the Chamber? (Not that I'd mind a change of scenery) Sorry if it's already been asked :p

M

Marcopolo

nope it works just fine, remember all the original stuff is floating in space about 3000 feet above the level, cant even see it if you look up

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Marcopolo;76553 said:
aaw c'mon no story writers here either :(

Im sure there is but they might not have seen your request in that message.