• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nooooooo! Why Avo, Why?

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I forgot to enter the Grey House cellar and pick up the last Will Master's Elixir during the 'Mayor's Invitation' quest! Now it's too late to get it. My mana bar will always be a sliver short of maximum. Imperfection like this CANNOT be tolerated. Now my entire save with maxed out stats and 54/66 completed boasts is WORTHLESS and must be deleted! GRAR! This angers me immensely. I was doing so well. I only had two more quests to complete and I'd have done every boast in the game! :'( I don't have any saves that go back that far and I can't Hero Save a duplicate!

Excuse me. I have to go bang my head against a wall repeatedly. When I finally regain consciousness I think I'll just continue to lay on the floor for several hours, wallow in depression, and mentally berate myself for being so stupid. Then I guess I'll start a new game...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah. Why don't you mod the game, remove that door - get inside and take what you forgot?
I mean, it's not entirely genuine, but mods can aid or make your game play harder.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score
^ while we are on the topic of modding are there any good spiral knight mods besides the energy generator and that other one?

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Yeah. Why don't you mod the game, remove that door - get inside and take what you forgot?
I mean, it's not entirely genuine, but mods can aid or make your game play harder.
I'm not playing on a PC though, so I don't think it's possible for me to mod. At least not without doing some work on my 360, which I have very little knowledge or experience with. :/

There's an excessive amount of both the life- and mana-extending potions in the game. Just get all the others and you'll be fine.
You think so? I hope you're right. I'm reasonably sure I have all of the Will Elixirs but I'll keep going till I have all the Elixirs of Life as well. Maybe my mana bar is maxed out after all.

Anyway... I'll keep going. At the very least I can finish my Fist Fighter boasting guide and all my work will not have been wasted. Sure, I'll have to do all the quests over again, but I should probably go back and make videos about them anyway. Ultimately this might be for the best.

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
I cried many tears of bitter sorrow upon reading this thread.
I feel your pain, bro. I feel it.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I cried many tears of bitter sorrow upon reading this thread.
I feel your pain, bro. I feel it.
The eternal quest for that 'perfect' save file is an elusive one, brother. It is so elusive.

TheKuehlman

Gamer of Games
Reaction score
Well that's damn near perfect for the game though. I wouldn't scrap it all, mod it. All that work shouldn't be scrapped because of one tiny mistake.

L1berät0r

Reaction score
Many a time I've made little mistakes and thought "Ah, shuck it, I'll carry on anyway".