• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Not Lookin' Good, Bro

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Not too sure how many of you have seen this lately.

But around... 1-3 weeks back, there was the whole big issue of Qorans (sp?) being burned by the US Military in Afghanistan. That, of course, sparked mass outcry from the civilian populus and since that event, 6 US soldiers have been killed by their Afghan National Army allies.

Now, following those events, just 2 days ago I think it was, a US soldier slaughtered 16 civilians, many of which were women and children. This will most definitely cause an even bigger outcry and could lead to the death of MORE US soldiers by Afghan Soldiers.

Continuous events like this are only going to hurt our mission in Afghanistan of winning hearts and minds and showing the civilians we're there to help.

On top of that, there's all this nonsense between Israel and Iran right now... yesterday the Hamas shot rockets from Gaza into Israel and Israel fired back, but rumors are that they may even send in a military force into Gaza.

What are your opinions on these matters?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
1. Religion stupid.

2. Whatever happened to that idiot, was he put infront of a firing squad or something equally suitable?

3. Probably gonna catch a lot of heat from this, but I'm strongly anti-Israel. The way they are bullying their neighbours, whilst being backed by the "civilized west" in doing so, is just utterly disgusting. No wonder they hate our guts down there.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
My opinion is to not give a damn about war, really. Let the soldiers do the killing and let me do the chilling.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
1. Religion stupid.

2. Whatever happened to that idiot, was he put infront of a firing squad or something equally suitable?

3. Probably gonna catch a lot of heat from this, but I'm strongly anti-Israel. The way they are bullying their neighbours, whilst being backed by the "civilized west" in doing so, is just utterly disgusting. No wonder they hate our guts down there.

Definitely not going to catch heat from me. I'm rather tired from them myself, they're especially provoking a war with Iran. And I hope that if they intiate one, that we will not go to their aid. I don't think we should waste our time helping someone who provokes wars and attacks like that.

I'm not quite sure what happened to him, though. I would not expect him to get a firing squad though. Afterall, the Marine who ordered and joined in on the killing of 24+ Iraqi civilians got off free with a simple demotation. At least the last time I heard that's the only punishment he got, so I'm not expecting anything harsh for this guy either.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
1. I concur with Tsuyu's first statement; Religion is stupid.
2. I say good on em, Qurans should be burned, along with bibles and torahs.
3. Muslim violence is a must, they wouldn't be muslims without it.
4. Leave the 'holy' lands and let them stay in the stone age killing each other for another 2000 years until we in the west abolish dogma, ignorance, fear, hypocrisy and bigotry.
5. ????
6. No more religion..... profit!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I find it highly ironic, and equally terrifying, that Israel is now pursuing an expansion strategy that you could compare Nazi Germany's lebensraum.

As for the Israel/Iran stuff going down, I'm not too worried. It actually isn't Israel/Iran, but Israel/Hamas with the Iran government saying that they are not interested to go to war with Israel at all. After all, Iran hasn't started a single war in modern history. They've been attacked(by Iraq and funded/cheered-on by USA. Irony), but never been the aggressors.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I find it highly ironic, and equally terrifying, that Israel is now pursuing an expansion strategy that you could compare Nazi Germany's lebensraum.

Well considering their propaganda is the same as the Nazis, it doesn't surprise me. Muslims brainwash their people and children into hating Jews from an early age.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, considering how the Israeli government/military are acting in the Middle East, I'd say that the hate is not entirely unfounded. I mean, that octopus thing with it's tentacles all over the Middle-east part of the globe... come on? Isn't that at least a teeny weeny bit accurate? It is a shame that they pick the term "jew" rather than "Israeli" though because that gives Israel the ability to play the all too convenient anti-Semitism card which makes the Western disregard everything they say.

Had a Muslim country acted like Israel does we would go spank their buttocks; play nice with the other children in the sandbox! But you can't critique Israel without being labelled an anti-semite and nobody wants to be labelled as such. The time to feel sad for the jews for WWII is over. They shouldn't be able to get away with this sh** just because of it.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
But you can't critique Israel without being labelled an anti-semite and nobody wants to be labelled as such. The time to feel sad for the jews for WWII is over. They shouldn't be able to get away with this sh** just because of it.

I don't feel sad for them, I feel nothing but hatred and contempt for the philosophies of the Jews, Muslims and Christians. And wish for their beliefs, and institutions to fall apart asap, if that means war on Terror so be it. Its a step in the right direction to rid the world of people who say: "We are right and if you say otherwise we'll kill you."

As well as the denied evils of the catholic church, why is nobody waging war on the pope and his institution.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Unfortunately, whether or not we personally think their hardship during WWII justifies Israel's actions now doesn't matter because when it comes to politics on the international scene Israel will be pretty much untouchable.

1. Those who have the power to punish Israel either approved of it's founding, or even directly assisted in it. So to tell Israel off in any way would be admitting that they did something wrong back then. Everyday you get the information that Israel is the last shining beacon of civilization and democracy in the Middle-East crammed down your throat, and that we must do everything to aid in their plight against the evil(and anti-Semitic!) Palestinian terrorists.

2. Sympathy for the Jewish people (and I do feel for the Jewish people. They have been dealt a harsh hand in life.) will always remain on the international scene because everyone wants to stay Politically Correct. Unfortunately it translates into sympathy for Israel, which allows them to do all the crazy sh** they do.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
"Religion is stupid."

Ugh, what?.. I get that there are people out there who do bad things in the name of religion (and consequently set a bad name for their religion), but to ignorantly generalize a religious population and other religions together is just absolutely ridiculous.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Religion is stupid in the sense that the very concept is stupid. I'm not targeting any specific religion or religious group when I make that statement. Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
"Religion is stupid."

Ugh, what?.. I get that there are people out there who do bad things in the name of religion (and consequently set a bad name for their religion), but to ignorantly generalize a religious population and other religions together is just absolutely ridiculous.

I stated Judaism, Christianity & Islam. I'm not talking about any others than these, these religions deserve mocking and I have no respect for them whatsoever. Buddhism, Taoism, Shintoism, neo-paganism, and any other eastern or western religion I have respect for because they have respect for others, unlike these three religions which are hostile, ignorant and hypocritical.

Do not fail me brosef.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Sidenote: I think the problem with religion is it's supposed 'absolute morality' and actually wrong morality. People subconsciously assign a positive feeling to acts that have a positive effect on society, while effects that are universally unfavorable are considered immoral. You don't need a set of rules from a book to set up a proper moral system; you need to study people, the world, actions, cucumstances and how everything relates. The reason people move away from religion is because the moral framework they developed just by thinking about the world they live in seems more balanced than the one their religion handles. I'm fine with people identifying themselves as Christian. I love it when they actually don't act Christian and disregard the Bible, by accepting homosexuality and not stoning heathens. For some people that are less able to understand the world due to genetic reasons or being isolated from society while growing up, religion may help keep them in line. Unless that religion does teach them the wrong things, and they can't realize that it's wrong.

Anyway, to all religious people who read this: I did not offend you or your religion. I explained my understanding of morality and what effect I think religion has on people.

End of sidenote: If there was no religion, there would be no conflicting 'absolute moralities'. There'd be no clashing 'perfect moral systems'. If everyone was informed about the world around them and given a proper understanding, people wouldn't have so much hatred. However, this will never be.

On the subject of the middle-east; Eh, I'm not sure what's going on, but I guess I'll blindly agree with the people above whom I have only met across the internet.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Religion is stupid in the sense that the very concept is stupid. I'm not targeting any specific religion or religious group when I make that statement. Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence.
You're not specifically targeting any religion or its followers, but you plainly use the word "religion" which is so vague and can be applied to any existing, past, or future religion. Be specific, because each religion has their own beliefs and concepts. Buddhism is a religion and they do not believe in a God, promoting to live a useful and happy life, is their concept as a religion stupid? I don't see how..
I stated Judaism, Christianity & Islam. I'm not talking about any others than these, these religions deserve mocking and I have no respect for them whatsoever. Buddhism, Taoism, Shintoism, neo-paganism, and any other eastern or western religion I have respect for because they have respect for others, unlike these three religions which are hostile, ignorant and hypocritical.

Do not fail me brosef.
The phrase presents itself as generally speaking, but I know what you're saying. My point though is that I find it rather ignorant to wish for the abolishing of a certain religion, because you only see it promoting horrible things. Beneath there are layers and layers of knowledge and it's so common for there to be misunderstandings among learning individuals leading to misbeliefs and as a whole a misconception for that religion, most commonly Christianity.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen someone quickly dismiss Christianity because they believe it can only create ignorant hypocrites who become hostile whenever they feel offended or someone disagrees with them. And that's just not true, there's people out there who follow Christianity and are more open-minded, understanding, and respectful than most folks in this world (believe it or not). But because of all the layers and contradicting information, it leaves millions misguided in their knowledge. Take for example the teaching of the events in the bible as a history book of facts, rather than stories to help inspire and influence someone into being a better person or Christian. I blame the misunderstood individuals more than I would the religion itself.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, actually, Buddhism can be divided into two groups. There are branches of Buddhism that consider Siddharta a divine being, God, and others that consider him a(albeit extraordinary) man. The Protestantism and Catholicism of Buddhism you might say. Without the hostility of course.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, actually, Buddhism can be divided into two groups. There are branches of Buddhism that consider Siddharta a divine being, God, and others that consider him a(albeit extraordinary) man. The Protestantism and Catholicism of Buddhism you might say. Without the hostility of course.

Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question. Why is the concept of religion stupid?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Because focusing your efforts on make-believe when there are actual real things you could spend them on is stupid. Imagine if all of the wealth of the Catholic church was put towards curing AIDS or cancer rather than pleasing an old man with a grey beard that lives in the sky. Religion as a concept was invented because cavemen couldn't figure out the sun or thunder. It has no place in the modern world, it is absolete. The fact that it in certain cases has or has had a negative impact on the progress of mankind doesn't exactly speak for keeping it around either.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Because focusing your efforts on make-believe when there are actual real things you could spend them on is stupid. Imagine if all of the wealth of the Catholic church was put towards curing AIDS or cancer rather than pleasing an old man with a grey beard that lives in the sky. Religion as a concept was invented because cavemen couldn't figure out the sun or thunder. It has no place in the modern world, it is absolete. The fact that it in certain cases has or has had a negative impact on the progress of mankind doesn't exactly speak for keeping it around either.
Riight.. cause churches never perform charity and try to help the world..

Nothing is perfect, man himself has had a negative impact on mankind's progress even without the use of religion. Humans are still progressing alongside its existence, it is after all entirely a choice (unless you happen to live in a strict household/country). I'm agnostic, I don't believe in God, but I also don't see any proof that he doesn't exist. Religion may have had bad points throughout its history, but a lot of those can also be rooted to foolish individuals (who probably would've still been foolish even without it, greed is another horror that plagues us).

Personally I prefer if all people would be raised to make their own decisions and follow their own beliefs, but that of course will never happen.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I blame the misunderstood individuals more than I would the religion itself.

I pity individuals, and blame the religion. It doesn't matter if there is open minded Christians, this is the human aspect which directly conflicts with everything the bible teaches.

I'm sorry but a religion that embraces and suggests murder, rape, polygamy, sexism, slavery, pedophilia, genocide, war, homophobia, and settles for ignorance is bad in my books. The entire bible itself is a massive jest, its been rewritten more times than any other book known to man. Christianity is sprinkled paganism with the religion adopting holidays to convert early pagans, with having done that you cannot take the holidays seriously as all you see is pagan roots & origins.

And their gods? Yahweh, Jehovah, Jesus & Allah, and the virgin Mary, those added with the obscene amounts of saints, angels, and others how is this monotheism again? And the life of Jesus is nothing more than a culmination of old sun gods, plenty of whom were crucified, baptized, resurrected, had disciples, born of virgins, walked on water, tested in the desert many many gods have done everything Jesus is said to have done, well before his time. How can you stay christian if you know this?

How can you endorse a religion that is so barbaric? Ignorant and founded on clerical gangsters who robbed and burned knowledge to further their own church to sustain it into the future. The spread of the very religion was of a roman emperor who made the roman empire into the holy roman empire & reconquered Europe to convert the pagans to Christianity.

It is far from a religion of peace, reason or love. We all know God is the madman in these stories he kills thousands if not millions, and condemns those who don't kill unbelievers.

The only difference between Christianity & Islam is that Muslims still worship their book in its entirety where as Christians ignore the bloody & vile passages and just talk about the love of Jesus, a sun god who didn't exist.

Riight.. cause churches never perform charity and try to help the world..

Exactly they just sit back on thrones of solid gold, holding staffs of pure gold.
Pope-Gold-Pearls.jpg

He looks more like a king than a holy man.

Charities are taxed, churches aren't.

mega_church1.jpg

On the subject of the middle-east;