• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

online members

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
I have noticed that there are only a hand full of members on at a time for when I want to talk to someone there ether not online or doing something and call me an attention freak but I just think is a bit annoying that this is 'the largest online fable community but all it is guests and Google bots and other Internet Internet bots and frankly I think this site needs more members sorry about the rant but it just has to come out sometime

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If people dont post then people dont talk, its as simple as that. We arent a chat room that needs everyone online at the same time, we are a forum and people will post in threads if they are created and interest them. Fable series has waned in popularity for some years so lots of members have taken a break from the forums but they come back when interest picks up again. We want people to come back and new members but you cant force members to come, they have to want to and without constant content updates/posts and new threads thats just not going to happen.

Currently my internet time is very limited as I have no computer & havent for months. My laptop barely runs and has many issues so I rarely use it, currently I have purchased 3/4 of my new build PC parts but I have the expensive parts left to purchase still (GFX card/Processor/Motherboard and Monitor). Once that is built I will be back to being online all the time however and posting constant game news & new threads once again.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
As Andy said it's just a matter of lack of interest in fable, it got nothing to do with this site in particular as other fable sites aren't very active lately either.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Would certainly help if Lionhead were making more interesting Fable titles for a change, it's hard for folks to keep much interest when the last game that was collectively praised was a little over half a decade ago.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Would certainly help if Lionhead were making more interesting Fable titles for a change, it's hard for folks to keep much interest when the last game that was collectively praised was a little over half a decade ago.

Well, actually Fable II was highly praised by critics - it was just the Fable purists who didn't like it very much. Fable III on the other hand... :ermm:

Andy's right though. You post; people reply. Rinse and repeat. That's how a forum works. You want more activity then you can't just sit back and watch it roll in. You gotta post.

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
I get where you are going guys and you know what your right but I just had to get it out there again sorry

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I get where you are going guys and you know what your right but I just had to get it out there again sorry

Don't apologise, you merely voiced an observation.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I actually like the small majority on this site, although right now it is cut thin. But I'm on a number of very active forums and it's kind of gay when you make a new topic it ends up on page 3 in 3 seconds because of everyone posting.

I'm in my 20's now and most of the original members are in their 30's. The series is redefining what it is so it's hard to get a new following going when the last three titles have been so drastically different.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I enjoyed the huge spike in user we had during the release of Fable 2. Maybe the next Fable won't be ****e and we can get a larger population on the forum.

Also, I'm pretty guilty of not being active. I kind of lurk a lot.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I personally have no idea what happened to the franchise after Fable III.
How many games have come out since?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I personally have no idea what happened to the franchise after Fable III.
How many games have come out since?
  • Fable Heroes
  • Fable the Journey
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fable Legends
I think that's it

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
  • Fable Heroes
  • Fable the Journey
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fable Legends
I think that's it

All those games and not one of them has a number attached. Too much filler, Lionhead. I do miss the old hustle n' bustle of yore and even though there have been times when it's been suggested that we shift the forums to a new series... I don't think I'd ever want to give the Fable series up for the sake of survival and refreshment. Wouldn't feel right.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I don't wanna get all soppy with you guys, but I don't think I could ever stand for this place to switch allegiances. I hold a special place in my heart for the Fable series, and I met my future husband here. What makes this place great - atleast in the past - is the matter of quality over quantity. Instead of being flooded with hundreds of frequent posters with bland personalities, we have members who stand out in their own ways and are instantly familiar. We just need that back. Sure all the hundreds of members who join and frequent the actual Fable discussion threads keep this place alive to an extent but what we really need is the regulars back. I miss all the other regulars.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I don't wanna get all soppy with you guys, but I don't think I could ever stand for this place to switch allegiances. I hold a special place in my heart for the Fable series, and I met my future husband here. What makes this place great - atleast in the past - is the matter of quality over quantity. Instead of being flooded with hundreds of frequent posters with bland personalities, we have members who stand out in their own ways and are instantly familiar. We just need that back. Sure all the hundreds of members who join and frequent the actual Fable discussion threads keep this place alive to an extent but what we really need is the regulars back. I miss all the other regulars.

I'd have to agree. This is really the only thing stopping me from being active, I do miss some of the older members that kept the place active, light and worth visiting. That's not to say I'm not logging on as regularly because there's no-one here, because I'm actually not bothering with any online places as of late. With the exception of one forum, which I'm only using for a purpose rather than it's actual community.

Unlike here, which is more a place I visit for the community. Rather than a means to an end. Also my google chrome keeps giving me notices that this site may be infected with malware now I'm not sure if it is, but that may be one of the reasons for the spike in activity?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That's true, I've been through and around a number of other communities over the years, but this is the only one I ultimately always come back to simply because of the community (rather than the series it's based around). Not to mention many of those communities are dead anyway lol. I love the folks here, you're all easy to get along with and talk about subjects here unlike other forums I've been apart of, I don't have that issue of feeling left out with others.

Hopefully the rest of the old regulars will continue to pop up, but as long as there's something to talk about then I don't see why not.
Also my google chrome keeps giving me notices that this site may be infected with malware now I'm not sure if it is, but that may be one of the reasons for the spike in activity?
Cheez mentioned this also and I've let Steve know, but I haven't been able to get this issue on my end with Chrome (or any other browser for that matter). Andy's aware of the issue as well but there's not much he can do on his end until he gets a proper computer set up again. Can you take a screenshot of it?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
That's true, I've been through and around a number of other communities over the years, but this is the only one I ultimately always come back to simply because of the community (rather than the series it's based around). Not to mention many of those communities are dead anyway lol. I love the folks here, you're all easy to get along with and talk about subjects here unlike other forums I've been apart of, I don't have that issue of feeling left out with others.

Hopefully the rest of the old regulars will continue to pop up, but as long as there's something to talk about then I don't see why not.

Cheez mentioned this also and I've let Steve know, but I haven't been able to get this issue on my end with Chrome (or any other browser for that matter). Andy's aware of the issue as well but there's not much he can do on his end until he gets a proper computer set up again. Can you take a screenshot of it?

IENR9H.png

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Spoke to Steve about it, turns out it was actually due to an image in someone's signature that linked to a malware flagged website, so the forums were getting false-flagged by the proxy. So it's nothing worth worrying about and I think he fixed it.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
All those games and not one of them has a number attached. Too much filler, Lionhead. I do miss the old hustle n' bustle of yore and even though there have been times when it's been suggested that we shift the forums to a new series... I don't think I'd ever want to give the Fable series up for the sake of survival and refreshment. Wouldn't feel right.
That's a good point. Not much to talk about in those games. There was a lot leading up to Fable II and Fable III. I still am hoping to hear about Fable IV at some point. For now I have my hopes set on Fable Legends

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

We all have memories here both good and bad and this place holds sentimental value to me too because of all those good memories. I miss some of the old members and wonder quite often what they are up to now.

Andy's aware of the issue as well but there's not much he can do on his end until he gets a proper computer set up again. Can you take a screenshot of it?

Yeah damn lack of money, I want to get back to being online full time again and not every now and again at work and on my phone.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I will say that due to certain unfortunate circumstances I have been able to visit the site much more frequently, I am quite happy with the members that currently post as I am familiar with 95% of them, but I do wish there was more discussion. I never really explored many forums that I liked, but I always felt the closest connection to this community, and I see many of those I remember fondly still posting, but the activity is so low, it truly saddens me. It's like one more thing I missed in my past two years on top of everything else. I think the lack of popular Fable titles as well as just the general lack of need (We all like posting on forums, but if life comes up, the forums and chat rooms on the web take the back burner, what's a forum compared to work, a relationship or school?)

This community holds a place in my heart as my first creative outlet, the origin of my first e-friends, a venting place, a safe and fun place to talk about my favorite things, and I want it to to continue, almost irrationally so.

But if Lionhead drops like a brick, I hope that I can find the e-acquaintances and pals I have found here elsewhere too, because this forum was truly the first positive online experience I had.