• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation: Recon SURG Armor for Cheez

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
aWtY1.jpg
My Reconz

RIGHT YEAH SO LIKE

I've been playing this halo 4 matchmaking thing, right? Anyway so the normal reconz armor is free. You get it when you're like level 26 and a noob. The alternate paint job however is crazy hard to get.

Enough stupid language. To get this damn thing, I'm required to MAX OUT a commendation called covenant loadout mastery. Do you know what that means? I need to max out my commendations for every single covenant weapon that's available to select for your personal loadout.

Right, fine. It's possible. Those aliens don't make terrible guns.That means:
  • Covenant Carbine
  • Storm Rifle
  • Plasma Grenade
  • BUT WAIT, this includes the PLASMA PISTOL. As in, shooting useless green globs at people while they pound your face and expecting to come out alive or at least take them down with you.
We are talking about racking up a grand total of 940 (of which I'm at 103 DONE) matchmaking kills you're expected to make in total. Normally, the plasma pistol is so useful with any other weapon, precision or otherwise. But when it comes to actually finishing them off with this thing... let's just say we're suiting up for a real nightmare. Kills will be scarce, but when they happen, the other player will be oh so humiliated. :troll:

MY PLASMA PISTOL KILL METHODS:
1) The EMP blast can be used if you ambush someone rounding a corner or you have someplace to take cover during the gun's cooldown (this leaves you SO open for having your kills stolen). If they're still there when the gun cools off, a few green pellets will finish them off. This method isn't too bad because a lot of players will expect you to pull out a precision weapon and go for the kill. While they're trying to run away, you can just blob them from behind until they fall down.
2) Rapid trigger like crazy. It only takes 3 pellets or so to drop their shields, but it takes another 9ish blasts to kill. Use this method if you happen to come across people already fighting. If you mash the trigger at the fastest possible rate and hit them with every green pellet, they will die on the final one before your gun overheats.
3) SO USEFUL. Two blasts and a melee knocks down an opponents health to the point where you only need to shoot them one more time. Highly, highly recommend this.
4) Knock out their shields with something else first. It isn't reliable, but a well-placed frag grenade or a quick melee can give you the upper hand. Just be careful because if they see your melee coming and punch as well, you won't stand a chance in the standoff that follows.

Notable events:
-I GOT A KILLING SPREE WITH THIS STUPID LITTLE THING
-I GOT A POSITIVE K/D SPREAD WITH THIS STUPID LITTLE THING
-PLASMA PISTOL MASTERY COMPLETE 12/29/2012

• STORM RIFLE - MOTHER ****ING MASTER (7/7)
  • COVENANT CARBINE - MOTHER ****ING MASTER (7/7)
  • PLASMA PISTOL - MOTHER ****ING MASTER (7/7)
  • PLASMA GRENADE - MOTHER ****ING MASTER (5/5)
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED 1/3/2012 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Melee doesn't count? So you can't zap their Shield and just wack 'em?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Melee doesn't count? So you can't zap their Shield and just wack 'em?
Nah man, melee has its own commendation. The most I can do is knock off their shields with melee or a frag grenade, but the coup de gras has to come from the goober gun. :'(

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
My condolences, poor boy.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I just want to hit lvl 50 so i can get all the specializations

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I just want to hit lvl 50 so i can get all the specializations
Just finished rogue. I'm about halfway through operator. :cheez:

Update: I've made it to the final level of plasma pistol mastery. My K/D ratio has been thoroughly violated. I need 500 kills to fill up this last bar... I'm at 115.

When I started, my overall K/D was at 1.09. I'll post what it looks like afterwards when I've finally finished.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
It doesn't run off of a save file on the 360. It's all saved to the Halo Waypoint server. I don't have enough h4x to break into 343 industries. :(

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
It's automatic matchmaking? Can't you get some friends on the enemy team and start killing? Sounds too easy that way so probably not.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Just finished rogue. I'm about halfway through operator. :troll:

Update: I've made it to the final level of plasma pistol mastery. My K/D ratio has been thoroughly violated. I need 500 kills to fill up this last bar... I'm at 115.

When I started, my overall K/D was at 1.09. I'll post what it looks like afterwards when I've finally finished.
cus i played the game on launch i get all of them when i hit 50

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Fear not kittens, for I have not forgotten this mission. IN FACT I have obtained 6/7 levels of plasma pistol mastery. Now only 133 kills stand between me and a life of achievement. Wish me luck, for I hope to complete my task on this very night.

UPDATE: I ****ING DID IT I KILLED 940 GODDAMN PEOPLE WITH THE WORST WEAPON TO EVER BE SHAT OUT OF A GAME DEVELOPER AND I DID IT IN UNDER A MONTH THE THINGS I HAVE SEEN YOU CANNOT FATHOM

i have rogue...
should i be happy?
angry-no-l.png