• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Other things you would like to see in Fable 2...wait no, how about future Fables

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schecter33

Other things you would like to see in Fable 2...wait no, how about future Fables

One thing I would like to see is more movability, what i mean is, instead of always being on foot and walking or running or sneaking. Why not be able to purchase a horse later? Or even just be able to jump, to find hidden areas or have to do it as part of a quest. How about swimming? Underwater passages...something. Although outdated, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask have so much to offer that could abd should be implemented into future games other than the Zelda series.

I would definitely like to see some sort of morphing too, but not just as a will power, but maybe some sort of mask or clothing that makes you morph giving you some sort of new ability, or being able to wield certain weapons only usable in this form.

Maybe along the storyline, say you are forced to fight unarmed, instead of just plain punching and kicking, this could be said for all melee, how about some sort of forms and martial arts stuff or something.

Weapon and armor upgrades...I personally didnt understand why you would need augmentations(except for the silver to kill the whit ebalverine) because the legendary weapons are the most powerful and already have augmentations. Also, maybe you should be able to upgrade hafts and hilts, etc for your weapons, these could have special effects too. Such as more damage to a certain type of creature, a health bonus, idk. DUEL WIELDING! A must! There should be 3 things, Duel wielding, a single and a shield, and two handed weapons. Also, arrows...maybe not go as far as having to buy your arrows, but be able to upgrade them. So instead of augmenting a bow, which wouldnt really make sense, maybe be able to upgrade arrows to fire arrows, holy(good against undead), Poison arrows, stunning arrows, and be able to dual fire arrows without it being a will power. Shooting two arrows isnt magic... \

Fighting combos! Instead of the same dull hack and slash throughout how about some unlockable combos, also TEACHERS! How about finding some will masters along the way, teaching and enhancing your powers. same goes for arrows and melee.

RANDOM IDEA! FIGHTING DRAGON HERDERS! In the storyline uyou will have to ride on some beast and fight a band of dragon herders or something.

Changes in the land... Say theres a mountain, later an earthquake, maybe have it free up some new cave or something... Maybe a dam that gets exploded and floods a village or two. A volcanoe erupts.... SOMETHING.

Human-like creatures.... Human-like water or mountain or forest or..... creatures, in a civil war.. some evil some not, depending on what you choose, you can help one or the other. And have this choice change the whole story.

ELVES! Be randomly ambushed by a band of elves in the forest.

PETS! Everyone wants to have a pet.

Be able to invest in some shop or something. Enter competitions and be sponsored.

Illusion magic, in TLC when your collecting souls, if you choose to take Briar Rose's over your mothers, she has a fake cloning illusion magic thing. I want that....

Maybe being able to temporarily or permanently be able to capture the techniques of others. Like ice golems, maybe you can use an "imitate" will that lets you copy his ice attacks for a period of time. Summoners have glowy orby thingies... why cant we?

Headshots, if you arrow a fleshy creature(not a golem or somethin) in the head, it should die instantly or at least faster than the foot.

A VARIETY OF ARMOUR AND WEAPONS! Some chainmail looks like plate, arhcons looks like plater, some leather looks like plater, w/e. Alot of them look alike and they are boring. Maybe more variety, then lets say later, after winning a competition or something you can craft custom armor. You can choose color, material, something.

TIME TRAVEL! Maybe at one point get warped back to the times of maze when he was younger, and archon and whatever. Then have something you do there affect the present, and things you do in the present affect the future. And maybe when messing with time, you get into a period of disorientation where days pass much faster or slower, you age fast and you get younger you grow a beard and it goes away again. BE CREATIVE!

Fable is a fun and amazing game, but there is so much more that can be done. Think of everything else that you would ever want to do in a game, and you should be able to do it.(not like morrowind, but just stuff similiar to what I said earlier and whatever else).

That's a long enough post for now, please resond with any ideas that you have.

OH! and also a custom sword or something too. You can choose the look of the blade, shape color, size, w/e. The same for the hilt and any carvings or decorations in it too. Same goes for bows and armor, and there needs to be something else too.

Also, maybe implement runes into armor. If any of you play guild wars, you know what I mean. Armor that makes a certain skill or attribute better, anything.

Choose your own name other than title vendor. Have a sort of program that lets you sound out what you want to be called, like the stuff in the dictionaries (pronunciation keys) then implement that into all of the cinematic speech and stuff in the game.

S

schecter33

Re: Other things you would like to see in Fable 2...wait no, how about future Fables

OH! and also a custom sword or something too. You can choose the look of the blade, shape color, size, w/e. The same for the hilt and any carvings or decorations in it too. Same goes for bows and armor, and there needs to be something else too.

Also, maybe implement runes into armor. If any of you play guild wars, you know what I mean. Armor that makes a certain skill or attribute better, anything.

S

schecter33

Re: Other things you would like to see in Fable 2...wait no, how about future Fables

Choose your own name other than title vendor. Have a sort of program that lets you sound out what you want to be called, like the stuff in the dictionaries (pronunciation keys) then implement that into all of the cinematic speech and stuff in the game.

C

Crazyarms

Ok my friend. I dont mean to be offensive or anything, but here it goes

Over 55% of what you said has already been said and discussed about. Yes some of those things would rock and would be really awesome, but the other things like fighting styles and all that stuff would ruin the game. Fable has a uniqe feel. Take Halo for example: Halo has been out for almost 3 years (H1-H2) and i have yet to see anyone reproduce the feeling i have when play it. Same way with Fable. Now if you start making it more like a fighting game, or like Zelda you can kiss that feeling good bye FOREVER! Some of the things you said like the horse and the jumping and swiming where great, and i would have never thought about that so all do a Dark and give you some rep.

S

schecter33

Ok thanks none offense taken, and sorry bout that, Ill edit from now on.
With the ideas, I know most of them have been said, I was just getting everything I could think of in here.
And I dont want to change Fable, I like the feel of it, it just has the same exact feeling practically through the whole game(except for the storyline surprises)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I like some of those ideas, and good to see what other members would like to see included in Fable. I think the Horse idea would work as it works well in Oblivion so it is a possibility but i doubt they would include it. The variety of Armour and Weapons is also something i suggested aswel like editing blade styles etc.

Thanks for posting your views and ideas :thumbsup:

S

schecter33

Another idea, what about personal customization? So you can make your own face and maybe even an earring if you want. Be able to customize your looks all over, male/female, etc. And for the hall of prophecy thingy where it shows your life on the wall, it could show a generic look.

Status
Not open for further replies.