• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PC Version now has Modding Support

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Finally. Shame we couldn't have had this for TLC when the modding scene was at full blast ( ... the possibilities), still, better late than never. It makes use of the Unreal Engine 3 Editor which allows for some limitless modification. Well, except for the quests, characters and weapons for the time being as far as I know. I only got to play the beta and didn't get to check out the SDK, but hopefully Keshire or DarkONI have some updates on that side of things.

With the inclusion of Steam Workshop as well and Lionhead making an effort, I can only hope this will ignite the modding community again after all these years. Who knows, maybe now Ol' Peter's dreams and promises can be sooner realized if this gets any better.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I like to think they all gave themselves a congratulatory highfive when they came up with this totally original and innovative idea. Not like the modding community have been asking for this for 9 years or anything.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
As far as assets go it's pretty limited. You can REPLACE meshes and textures. I haven't tested what happens if you go messing with the level meshes yet. But they are still connected to the .lev files in some way.

There's a caveat to the meshes that nobody has really commented on other than me, and it'll come out pretty soon as people get familiar with the editor. The collision and effect helpers are still sitting on the fable engine side. So if you go replacing a weapon mesh for instance, the augment effects will still be in the same position as the old model.

That is the state of the official modding. Unofficially it's no different from F:TLC, we can add and edit object properties, level scripts, and if/when Fable Explorer gets updated we can fix collision on replaced or added meshes.