• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Perfect Girlfriend

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score
Today was my 2-year anniversary with my boyfriend and rather than going out somewhere stupid and expensive, we decided to stay in (due to lack of funds and lack of will to drive in this **** weather.) So we made a ton of bacon and waffles...and chocolate covered bacon, and chocolate and more bacon...oh and I made a blueberry pie because I am a beast pie-maker.

So later on after we woke up from the diabetic coma, he got all mushy and told me that I was the perfect girlfriend. Really all it takes is a little skill in the kitchen (and the bedroom, of course) and any girl could be the best girlfriend ever!

So what are your thoughts? What makes the "perfect girlfriend"? Is the way to a man's heart really through his stomach? What's a good brand of antacid?

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
Not banging other dudes is a good quality to have as well.

Reaction score
Whatever makes You two happy as a couple. Glad it went well for You both.

For me the perfect girlfriend is matter of give and take. I give a little to her by helping and supporting her with what she does, and she gives back by helping and supporting me in return. So for Me I'd say that mutual respect is the best thing for a relationship, at least for most people.

schala

Alice in Winterland
Reaction score
perfection is a journey and not a destination

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The way to a mans heart...is through his rib-cage.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
To be honest, a good girlfriend for me would be someone of moderate to high intelligence, but isn't sophisticated. I want a girl who knows stuff, has an open mind, and appreciates some dirty talk. With that said, sex, intellect and food aside, a major quality for me is dealing with my ****, I can be a real jerk often, because I don't water down my opinions. I am also a cuddler, possibly more than sex I just want to cuddle and kiss, I want to be attached to her and feel her warmth, and that can get annoying, so she needs to be fine with a "lost puppy" type boyfriend at times.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I feel to young to contribute anything here.

So I wont.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I'm squealing like a little girl at the thought of getting to draw from my experiences with women and it being appropriate, for once.

The perfect girlfriend, to me, has very little to do with anything most people care to think of.

She has to challenge me intellectually, if she's as dumb as a dog, I can save everyone some trouble and just get a pet dog. There was a woman, very nice woman, sweet and caring, dumbest girlfriend I've ever had. As much as I wanted it to work out, it just wasn't going to happen. And she has to be at least a little attractive and at least a little good in bed, it's no good if her only purpose in bed is to make me want to go to sleep faster... which sadly is the case with quite a few people I've known here. Fun fact: Sex in this city is less exciting than taking care of it yourself.

Aside from those two things, it get less typical. In fact, I'm not comfortable sharing most things that would apply here. I will say that she will have to be very accepting and forgiving, as I am quite flawed.

Edit: And a few things I like are good hobbies, literature, music, art, anything of that sort. Though musicians tend to be high maintenance, artists often prefer to be left alone... writers are good though. These aren't really necessary, I just tend to date a lot of people involved in these sorts of things.

I could be your perfect girlfriend, John.

All we'd need is a bit of imagination on your part.

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've never had the perfect girlfriend :(

As for anniversaries? Well this year he got Dead Space 2 and I didn't see him for three days. Worked quite well for both of us, really ;)

Personally I think the willingness to put the other person first, from both of you, is mutually beneficial (within reason, obviously). That way both are getting what they need from the other without losing out. And when a woman knows to shut her mouth and let it drop - that's a good thing to learn too. Women drag an issue on waaaaaay too much sometimes. Perfect man for me has to be Steve - without question. He ticks all the boxes, always has done, in what I look for in a man. And I've been out with some crap people, one of whom bordered on evil at times, so I have a fair idea of what works for me. May have taken 5 years to rub off some of the less desirable corners, as it were, but that's worked both ways. He works hard, takes care of his family and treats me like I matter to him - everything else is a bonus, and there's plenty of bonuses to be had :)

I also don't hold with all this "he needs to get in touch with his feminine side" BS - if I wanted a woman, I'd be a lesbian. And less misogynistic, I imagine...

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
It depends from person to person. My idea of the perfect girlfriend is someone who will be a companion to me as well as being good looking, but not one of those amazing looking people who attracts attention whenever they walk in the room. That's just my opinion.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, there are three things that would make a great girlfriend. The first thing is that she would need to think very logically and independently. I would need her to be able to think for herself and do things like not abide by certain bullsh*t laws or social norms that seem wrong, unnecessary, or trivial. I realize that that may seem common or not a big deal, but it seems to me that logic is often hard to find these days.

I would also not want to build any kind of meaningful relationship with someone who is affiliated with any kind of organized religion. If it's just dating, I would go out with a chick who just considers herself a christian but isn't religious, but if a girl is actually into her religion, I wouldn't bother with her at all.

The last thing is that I need to be able to talk to her about anything. My regular friends and I can only hang out, smoke, drink, and rip on each other so much before it gets old and before I need to talk with someone who is more sensitive than your average guy.

Judging by all the girls I've seen in high school, I'm very pessimistic about finding a girl like this. Honestly, most girls I've talked to are just plain stupid and only interested in guys who play certain sports and are unjustifiably arrogant. I can only hope it will get better as I get older.

I could probably think of more things that would make a girl perfect for me if I sat here and thought about it for a while, but I'll post those other things as I think of them later.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
isn't taller than me, isn't dumb, and has a nice face. with those qualities, i don't mind if she isn't skinny as a twig, as long as it's made up for in personality.
but what the hell, this is the perfect girl we're talking about. nice, uppity, energetic, smart, cute (NOT hot, there's a difference), and roughly my height.

in reality the personality tends to play a larger role in it, though. if she seems dumb and/or crazy then it's over in the first 10 minutes (unless a good second impression comes around later). if i like who she is then we'll see. but there's the occasional diamond in the rough that can make up for quite a bit physically if i actually enjoy being around her. there aren't many guys or girls that i like sharing company with that much, so it's one of the rare times when i'll go out of my way for them.

side question: is it fair for someone to call me racist because i'm not attracted to girls of certain races?

Fenrir

Resident Profanitarian
Reaction score
I've never had the perfect girlfriend :(

Dont worry Angel, you'll find the right girl someday.
Now that I think about it seriously, I require a girl to be shorter than me, I really prefer she be younger than me(a year or two), pretty in the face, doesnt have to be especially smart but cant be stupid and ditsy, she has to like or at least be open to guns, I could never be with a woman who is a gun hater. I prefer brunettes but by no means a requirement, she has to accept that I also have to spend quality time with my other lady, the xbox. My number one rule is not to make a fool of me. This encompasses the sleeping with other dudes and keeping it a secret, if they do it and tell me, then I still leave her instantly but retain a bit of respect for her honesty.

Reaction score
side question: is it fair for someone to call me racist because i'm not attracted to girls of certain races?

Nah, can't help it if a certain type of person isn't attractive to you. Not your fault.

Oh yeah, in addition to my earlier points. I also like girls who can be a bit random, keeps things fun (not too much randomness though.)

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I feel for you cheez, the only black girl I ever found attractive was Rihanna.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
The perfect, absolutely beyond amazing girl?

Hm.

Well, basically what most people around here have said. Mostly that stuff about her being nice, not-dumb, and logical.

Goodlooking, but as in cute.Not 'hot and super sexy'; that's just over the top, then. She should be tolerable of my nerd-side - wait, the perfect girl should actually like it. And uhm, like melodic death metal, and doesn't mind my love for gaming: Video games and a card game. And be somewhat -but not mroe than me- into physics.
Hm, not longer than me, but not necessarily much shorter (That would be little, as I'm not the average male height).
And more specific stuff, I guess, that I don't know right now.

I feel for you cheez, the only black girl I ever found attractive was Rihanna.

Rihanna? She has a huge forehead. o_O