• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peter Molyneux leaves Lionhead

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I'd be sad too, but I'm sure we'll manage to adapt. Move to another franchise maybe.

Aye I agree, but no game has an impact on me like Fable 1 & TLC. It basically got me into writing, four years on and I'm still writing. And the Lionhead community taught me quite alot, although I only keep in contact with about 10 members. Through Skype, Facebook, Twitter, and Xbox Live.

Then this site though I'm not as close to any members on this site as Lionhead.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Still strikes me as odd that the key devs and Molyneux (of all people) would up and leave for different companies, and so soon after titles like The Journey & Heroes. Given that Microsoft owns them and has the final say on their products, it makes me wonder if MS played a hand in the direction the series has taken, driving them away.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Most likely, microsoft always want ****ty little arcade games and to milk the fook out of good series.

The game was lost as soon as Lionhead signed up to Micro$oft.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Most of us are here even though we don't really play Fable any more, so another game we all like could be adapted if/when the Fable well starts running dry.

I didnt properly finish Fable II or Fable III but still here everyday so doesnt effect some of us that much. However it does make you wonder what will bring other members here if the Fable series starts to decline or if this is the beginning of the end for the franchise. We report on all formats and all games but we are advertised as a Fable forum and marketed in that way so might be something we have to think about. Have to monitor things and maybe have to have some discussions amongst staff and if we have to make a decision then we will throw some ideas at the community no doubt. All this is speculation though and we dont know what is going on at the moment, everything might be just fine yet.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Awesome.png

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
There's just one thing on my mind after this: Fable 4. Will it still be made? If so, will it be similar enough to its prequels to make me love it as much as I love them?

After learning that Assassin's Creed 3 may be the last of its series, and now this, I worry for my gaming future.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
There's just one thing on my mind after this: Fable 4. Will it still be made? If so, will it be similar enough to its prequels to make me love it as much as I love them?

Thats the first question I asked. What will the rest of the Lionhead team do now? Keep going and just replace them or finish the current titles and jump ship?

Our future is bleak :(

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Why would anyone want a series to go on forever anyway? Now you can revisit the classics, and not watch a series being drilled into the ground by it's face and waste away. Like Halo did. :shifty:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Why would anyone want a series to go on forever anyway? Now you can revisit the classics, and not watch a series being drilled into the ground by it's face and waste away. Like Halo did. :shifty:

Or Guitar Hero, but jokes aside.

The series hasn't been exciting in years and it still isn't going in the right direction. Whether Microsoft or Molyneux/Lionhead are to blame, I don't know, but a series can last a long and prosperous life if handled by the right hands. Like the Elder Scrolls for example, so here's hoping someone who knows what they're doing and loves/knows the roots & lore of the franchise will eventually step in.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Feel quite sorry for him, man has great vision but LionHead just didn't have the budget to create it. That's not an excuse for him being a lying tit though. Wish him the best of luck.

Oh and Fable 4 wasn't going to be good no matter who was behind it, that was unavoidable.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

As long as the games stay good, I wouldn't mind if a series goes on forever. I revisit the classics all the time anyway, and I never felt like Fable has gone down hill like so many of you have. If the series were to keep going in the same direction it's been going, I'd play the games forever.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I'm sure Louise Copley will do a fine job. I know that Peter has been highly influential in the how Fable has gone. Maybe it will turn back to being what it once was. Or even better.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Still strikes me as odd that the key devs and Molyneux (of all people) would up and leave for different companies, and so soon after titles like The Journey & Heroes. Given that Microsoft owns them and has the final say on their products, it makes me wonder if MS played a hand in the direction the series has taken, driving them away.
It's all because of Microsoft, they rode all those industries to victory and aren't giving any thanks, now that they have all become triple A developers it's no surprise they'd say screw you. Bethesda was the only company big enough I think to come out of it all on top. I'm worried what all this means.Before Kinect Peter was promoted and I thought things would only get better for his franchise.

Fable without Peter, is this the best thing ever or the worst thing ever?

Halo was actually the only progressive game series on Xbox in my opinion. Don't get me wrong they kept getting worse and worse but Bungie kept on with the innovation, for instance the friendslist, infact it was because of how popular Halo 2 would be on release that Microsoft invested in servers for Xbox Live otherwise who knows. The problem is that went from RPG to FPS I think. Pretty much why Fable fell by the wayside, they were funding Halo and didn't give LionHead what it needed.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Wait, wait, wait - hold up a sec... Disregarding everything else, this could be bad for projectego?

whyyyy.gif

Whyyyyy!?

And now I am sad.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Okay roll with the punches think quick, we're gunna need some serious synergy going on, some innovation, and some hardcore adaptation and evolutionizing.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Fable without Peter, is this the best thing ever or the worst thing ever?
Only time will tell.

Truth be told, I really liked Peter and his behaviour as both a producer and spokesman. I'm truly shocked to hear this, and I worry about what it'll mean for the franchise. One would hope for the best, certainly, and I'm not an exclusion to that.

However, I'm also curious as to what the games Peter will be working on, with this new studio, will be like. Perhaps something in a similar and good fashion? I do hope so.

Good luck Peter, for now.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Angel on the DMC forums said:
Well I'll be probably the only person sad to see him leave - I genuinely like his enthusiasm for the Fable series, his drive, his ideas, his completely over-the-top bigging-up of stuff we'll never see happen. I could totally see what he was trying to do with the Fable series and truly believed (and still do) that if they do get to number 6, everyone will see what it was they originally planned to create but took 5 games to get there.

I hope this new venture of his works out really well for him :)

Well even if it's just me and Necro, Peter has two people who will miss him as part of the Lionhead team :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I sent him a good luck message on Twitter (@pmolyneux) and as I said on DMC too.

Dark Drakan said:
I liked Peter and his ideas and enthusiasm were second to none but he just didnt have the tools or the budgets to pull off those ideas. If he had a great product first and then was asked to be spokesperson for it he would be one of the best in the business. Just a shame he spoke about the ideas first before having the product anywhere near close to how he envisioned the final product. I hope he returns to his roots and stops attempting gimmicks that the game industry are not ready to fully adopt yet.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I hope this means fable will get better now, or if it was microsoft messing it up I hope peter makes a game series that rivals fable: TLC in awesomeness.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Only time will tell.

Truth be told, I really liked Peter and his behaviour as both a producer and spokesman. I'm truly shocked to hear this, and I worry about what it'll mean for the franchise. One would hope for the best, certainly, and I'm not an exclusion to that.

However, I'm also curious as to what the games Peter will be working on, with this new studio, will be like. Perhaps something in a similar and good fashion? I do hope so.

Good luck Peter, for now.
If Fable is hot like Johny Depp, then Peter is mad like Tim Burton, stupid quote I know but I dated some chicks. You can see in this video how he has that spark no other person has in the industry, if he's not planning on retiring, he'll be just fine.