• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Playstation 4 Owns Xbox One

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm done with consoles.

PC ftw.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just wish that all the good games that get made on the Xboxone were put on the PS4 too, then i'd hands down be all over that PS4 shiiiiit!

Buuut i'll probably still get a PS4, just because Microsoft need a smack in the face

Like, 70% of the games announced on Xbox One are multi-platform, apparently.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Like, 70% of the games announced on Xbox One are multi-platform, apparently.

Reeeeally? Thats promising.. Im not to worried about Halo or Fable anymore, both have gone down hill.. Well Fable might have chance because Molyneux aint around anymore, is he?

So I suppose its the PS4 time to shine!

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I'm done with consoles.

PC ftw.

Thing is, there will always be console exclusives. Always. Just like there are PC exclusives.

Also, fun fact, games that aren't developed to be PC exclusive are actually ports of their console counterparts.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Boom!

983582_10151499573086840_492807436_n.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So is the Xboxone finalized?.. As in with all the reactions and im assuming feedback they're getting, do you think they will alter or change anything??

Some things will be changed but the always online is being built into the console infrastructure so I would say that is set in stone. As its being designed to take advantage of a constant Internet connection. The game trading etc hasnt fully been finalised because most is being left to the publishers and they havent decided yet.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Oh. Nevermind.

DAAAYUM LOLOL
Read about this before :p They've basically just admitted that X1 was a PR disaster haha..... also I'm posting from my PS3 long live Playstation! Now if you'll excuse me I have some hookers to kill on San Andeas

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think Microsoft had to remove it due to how unpopular it had been, had it been marketed in the right way it wouldnt have gone down so badly. It had some cool features that we have now lost.

6 great features you lose now DRM has gone

Hobbilis

Reaction score
I will say for the record, that microsoft made a terrible mistake with their Xbox One reveal and presentation. I will not even count how many gaming websites have unanimously declared Xbox an official failure.

And now Microsoft has seen that about 80% of the gaming community literally hates Microsofts guts for it. The thing that really boggles my mind is that how Microsoft impudently and reluctantly claimed that new xbox will be a 'game changing experience', and yet a week after E3 they are already abandoning ALL of their so called 'features' for the console.
That really bothers me, a lot.

I understand it's a free market out there and it's good to have a competition because if it weren't for any competition then one company could dictate how much something would cost and no one would be able question their decisions. Just so we are clear, I'm not a Sony or Playstation fanboy, as a matter of a fact I don't even own a console. Last console I've had was SNES (super nintendo entertainment system) almost 10 years ago. That's not the point, anyway.

The point is... I am 90% positive I will be getting new Playstation 4. Reasons? Better configuration, better online service (hey 5$ a month subscription is good enough for me), games that I find more appealing over those of Xbox, game sharing and above all regionally unlocked access. But one of the things that really stands out here in this list is following. I live in Croatia, Europe and Xbox is officially UNSUPPORTED here. What is this? 19th Century? I live in a Europe and I'm will not be officially supported by Microsoft? Fine, Sony is generous enough to offer me that. Seriously Sony is officially supporting Playstation for almost all of Europe. That right there is a deal for me.

Ironic Fact: CD Projekt (which you all know made a Witcher series), is from Poland. And their headquarters are there. Now check this out, Poland along with Croatia and some other countries are on the list of Microsoft unofficially supported countries. How ironic is that? The company that made a game for new xbox can't even play it on the new xbox (I mean they can but it's not regionally supported)

As a closing statement 'few' of them widely recognized gifs about PS4 vs. Xbox One.

847.gif

h7d.gif

tumblrmo7k9qc0u81srwyno.gif

1370840356116zps12f0458.gif

8ywohn6.gif

anigifenhancedbuzz59981.gif

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I will say for the record, that microsoft made a terrible mistake with their Xbox One reveal and presentation. I will not even count how many gaming websites have unanimously declared Xbox an official failure.

And now Microsoft has seen that about 80% of the gaming community literally hates Microsofts guts for it. The thing that really boggles my mind is that how Microsoft impudently and reluctantly claimed that new xbox will be a 'game changing experience', and yet a week after E3 they are already abandoning ALL of their so called 'features' for the console.
That really bothers me, a lot.

I understand it's a free market out there and it's good to have a competition because if it weren't for any competition then one company could dictate how much something would cost and no one would be able question their decisions. Just so we are clear, I'm not a Sony or Playstation fanboy, as a matter of a fact I don't even own a console. Last console I've had was SNES (super nintendo entertainment system) almost 10 years ago. That's not the point, anyway.

The point is... I am 90% positive I will be getting new Playstation 4. Reasons? Better configuration, better online service (hey 5$ a month subscription is good enough for me), games that I find more appealing over those of Xbox, game sharing and above all regionally unlocked access. But one of the things that really stands out here in this list is following. I live in Croatia, Europe and Xbox is officially UNSUPPORTED here. What is this? 19th Century? I live in a Europe and I'm will not be officially supported by Microsoft? Fine, Sony is generous enough to offer me that. Seriously Sony is officially supporting Playstation for almost all of Europe. That right there is a deal for me.

Ironic Fact: CD Projekt (which you all know made a Witcher series), is from Poland. And their headquarters are there. Now check this out, Poland along with Croatia and some other countries are on the list of Microsoft unofficially supported countries. How ironic is that? The company that made a game for new xbox can't even play it on the new xbox (I mean they can but it's not regionally supported)

As a closing statement 'few' of them widely recognized gifs about PS4 vs. Xbox One.

I think Microsoft were expecting Sony to adopt a similar system to them & Sony decided last minute not to (they held an emergency meeting before their E3 showing). This left Microsoft to hang out there to dry & they didnt have a backup plan & Sony stepped back & let them take all the heat. Was bad PR by Microsoft & they should have seen it coming, Sony didnt even have to utter a word and already people were running towards them. Smart move if you ask me and one that had Microsoft reeling, they had no choice but to abandon these ideas as it had hurt their image so much already that they needed to save some face somehow. This was their last resort because they knew they were taking a media beating and had to savage something.

I was still a little bitter from when Sony shafted the UK with the PS3 with its half a year delay here then getting a stripped feature console for double the price of most areas it was equivalent of $838 (£425 in cheap places) on release, so I wont be quick to jump back into bed with them either. Though they have stated it will get a worldwide release at the same time this time, so they did at least learn from that. Still both companies are screwing the UK on price I mean PS4 is $399 which works out at around £257 but we are charged £349 & Xbox One is $499 which is around £322 & we are charged £429.

Microsoft have deserved a lot of the flak they have received for some frankly idiotic decisions. The PR for the Xbox One has been nothing short of suicidal as are their support regions, however im fairly happy with the games & the online service. What I am disappointed in is that features have had to be cut & their original vision for these services trimmed because of this, the price & getting Kinect forced on us. As someone who primarily games in my bedroom im not going to be able to use Kinect for its primary function, I could use voice controls but its not like I can move my bed.

Ive never really been one to hold any particular allegiance to any company as ive owned consoles from multiple companies each generation (sometimes multiple consoles). Ive always picked the ones based on the games line ups and each console ive owned in last few generations has had something that irritated me or had some sort of hardware issues.

N64 - Had save game storage issues, games were expensive & long development times & games crashed a lot.
PS1 - Laser issues on both that I still own & have to turn them upside down
PS2 - Laser issues on original & wouldnt read discs 80% of time would cost £80 to fix at time apparently.
PS2 Slim - This worked fine up until I sold it, great little console. Though it was so small I kept knocking it over. :lol:
Xbox - Not a large enough games library but no hardware issues
Xbox 360 - RROD of course but had it repaired for free both times & was also out of warranty, Kinect was a massive waste of cash & I never use it. Gave this console to my step-son & its used in my living room.
Xbox 360 Slim - Never had any issue with this & its my primary console.
Wii - I literally never use it unless step-son wants to play it, not enough 'proper' games on it

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
N64 - Had save game storage issues, games were expensive & long development times & games crashed a lot.
PS1 - Laser issues on both that I still own & have to turn them upside down
PS2 - Laser issues on original & wouldnt read discs 80% of time would cost £80 to fix at time apparently.
PS2 Slim - This worked fine up until I sold it, great little console. Though it was so small I kept knocking it over. :lol:
Xbox - Not a large enough games library but no hardware issues
Xbox 360 - RROD of course but had it repaired for free both times & was also out of warranty, Kinect was a massive waste of cash & I never use it. Gave this console to my step-son & its used in my living room.
Xbox 360 Slim - Never had any issue with this & its my primary console.
Wii - I literally never use it unless step-son wants to play it, not enough 'proper' games on it

Huh I never had any problems with my ps1, only problems I had with my ps2 was when it was getting older as I recall.

I'm quite sure the first time I had problems with a console was with the 360. :p All others seemed to have worked fine.

Sega Gamegear
Sega Megadrive
Game Boy
Playstation
Gameboy Colour
Playstation 2
Xbox
Xbox360: Been through about four now still on an arcade version I got for my 21st won't play Gears2 on disc or market download, disc tray wont open a lot of the time. Secondary Console.
Wii- I only have about 3-4 games for this I never play it but its a good console imo, just barely any decent games.
PS3- Primary console atm.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Huh I never had any problems with my ps1, only problems I had with my ps2 was when it was getting older as I recall.

I'm quite sure the first time I had problems with a console was with the 360. :p All others seemed to have worked fine.

Sega Gamegear
Sega Megadrive
Game Boy
Playstation
Gameboy Colour
Playstation 2
Xbox
Xbox360: Been through about four now still on an arcade version I got for my 21st won't play Gears2 on disc or market download, disc tray wont open a lot of the time. Secondary Console.
Wii- I only have about 3-4 games for this I never play it but its a good console imo, just barely any decent games.
PS3- Primary console atm.

I have had older consoles that still work too Gameboy Colour (Sold)Atari/Amiga (sold)/Commodore 64 etc also some console with just knobs & switches with variations of pong on it (don't know what it is). I went through 2 PS1's & 2 PS2's yet even with all the hardware issues it has cost me nothing to get my 360's repaired. Not knocking Sony but I have paid for more replacements with them than with any other console developer so works both ways & luck of the draw I guess. So though 360's are prone to breaking down they are actually one of the consoles that has actually cost me the least as I haven't had to buy another after hardware failures like I did with other consoles. They even fixed the disc tray issue I had after I broke it when drunk when they repaired the RROD issue with my launch console. The only thing I have had to pay for to get repaired with any Microsoft console so far is when my rabbit chewed through my Kinect cable so cant say ive had many bad experiences with support. :lol:

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Xbox One's "poor" features were used as a marketing tool to get attention from everyone. Still getting a PS4 though.

The only thing Xbox had for me was the exclusive games. The likes of Halo, Fable, GoW, etc. Fable and Halo have gotten much worse and GoW doesn't interest me and I don't see where the series would go. I recently played Uncharted and The Last of Us and thought "Is that what I've been missing?" Naughty Dog alone make me want a PS4.

xbox-one-jumping-dog2.gif

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Xbox One's "poor" features were used as a marketing tool to get attention from everyone. Still getting a PS4 though.

The only thing Xbox had for me was the exclusive games. The likes of Halo, Fable, GoW, etc. Fable and Halo have gotten much worse and GoW doesn't interest me and I don't see where the series would go. I recently played Uncharted and The Last of Us and thought "Is that what I've been missing?" Naughty Dog alone make me want a PS4.

xbox-one-jumping-dog2.gif

I got a PS3 so I could play classics, the uncharted series, heavy rain & I knew that The Last of us was due out soon...

Honestly PS3 is worth getting for the last of us alone, its a Da Vinci among games much, much much more than a masterpiece. I personally found Gears Judgement to be a let down so I'm thrilled with my new ps3 so many games I need to get through 0.o

Hobbilis

Reaction score
Here guys, enjoy my newly made gif.

This master piece represents Xbox fans in their natural habitat trying to 'converse' with their 'next-gen' console.

cbc.gif

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Here guys, enjoy my newly made gif.

This master piece represents Xbox fans in their natural habitat trying to 'converse' with their 'next-gen' console.

[image]

That's a bit unnecessarily barbarous, don't you think? :|

Don't need to be a douche about having a different opinion.

Hobbilis

Reaction score
Well, my good sir. First off, I'm not trying to be a 'douche', rather.. I'm trying to express my artistic knowledge if you will. Secondly, if you get offended so easily on this, you should perhaps consider 'hanging out' in the elderly home in your local town rather than here in this wilderness we all know as - Internet.

As much as you are allowed to love/hate something, so am I allowed to like/dislike stuff.
I like PS4 as much as the next fellooow, but this... is Console War-fest. Good day sir! *tips hat*

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Artistic knowledge... eh...

I've been an Xbox fan since the original console, but I hate the Xbox ONE as much as the next guy. What do you make of that?