• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible Fable Info

FuManChu

Reaction score
Hello all,

Not really sure how relevant this will be but here goes.
A friend of mine has a friend who has a relative who is apparently involved some way in development. I have no idea how true it is but I thought I share with you some details that my friend has said he has heard about the new Fable game.

Apparently, the new Fable begins with a sort of prologue type background. The prologue is this;

Many years after the events of Fable 3, the Industrial Revolution has continued in Albion. Cities such as Bowerstone are now fully industrial. The Heroes kings have all but disappeared and a regular human king now sits on the throne. Magic has disappeared as well. People now rely on machines rather than magic. Eventually, a king ascends to the throne. The king is obsessed with magic and the old kingdom (much like Lucien in fable 2). He sees the new industrial society as corrupt. He plans an expedition to the Tattered Spire and uses it to end the world. Much in the same way the old kingdom ended. Society and the world is destroyed. The new game is set many years after this event. Civillization has restarted and is at a point similar to the first fable game in terms of the medieval setting. Magic has also returned.

From what I believe Albion is still the setting and the Heroes Guild will be rebuilt and exist by the time of the game. All other aspects such as regions, cities, towns as well as characters will be new. This gives Playground games a brand new slate but doesn’t wipe out the history of the old games. The timeline from the old games is the new old kingdom essentially.

I believe that the map will be all of Albion. There are no regional maps. There is a settlement building aspect to the game. The character will be customisable and much like the elder scrolls. The main quest can be ignored and picked up at will.

And that is pretty much all I know. I’m a casual gamer but my friend is a major gamer and I believe he is in Wow clan with his friend who he heard it off so not sure how legit this is. As I say I have no evidence to support this and cannot verify it. I don’t claim this is accurate but just though it was interesting to post.

Let me know what people think.

nemfoglalt

Reaction score
I hope this fake, because it's not Fable, settlement building? Main quest ignored? Come on! It's realy not Fable,
these have nothing to do with the series.
Now seriously, have we been waiting for such sh*t for so many years?

P. S.: Sorry for my bad english.

FuManChu

Reaction score
I hope this fake, because it's not Fable, settlement building? Main quest ignored? Come on! It's realy not Fable,
these have nothing to do with the series.
Now seriously, have we been waiting for such sh*t for so many years?

P. S.: Sorry for my bad english.
I took it as there was a location for which you could have some input in how it is developed, rather than a Fallout 4 like “settlement” system. Also I believe the main quest is there, but their are many side quests that can take your attention.
That’s how I took the info but I’m not sure how the finished product will look. Don’t take this as gospel though. For all I know this could all be false.

WMD_1945

Reaction score
Yeah, I also don't see how it's fable.. Sounds too "off the rails"

Also, the trailer gave no indication of a non-magic, industrialised world

I also hope this is fake

FuManChu

Reaction score
The setting is medieval. It starts where Fable 3 left of. The world that Lionhead started is essentially destroyed. Essentially playgrounds fable takes its place.

Clain

Reaction score
I think it makes sense if it they are really trying to pave the path of them continuing the series, but I don't want it to end that way, I don't want the Albion Lionhead has made to simply be destroyed, though it is interesting to show time has repeated itself.

dmndavi

Reaction score
if there's not magic, then why in the trailer there's a fairy? and again, if Albion is all industrialized, then why in the trailer we can clearly see the "old" Bowerstone style?
I understand that's been a while since the last Fable, and maybe create a new Fable will catch new audience, but it isn't fair for the fans that waited more than a decade for this game.

Solus

Reaction score
Just by the way that post starts, I would take it with a grain of salt (or a pound.) We really don't know much about the setting.
I would like to see it take place in the Archon era, before the events of the first Fable.

dmndavi

Reaction score
Just by the way that post starts, I would take it with a grain of salt (or a pound.) We really don't know much about the setting.
I would like to see it take place in the Archon era, before the events of the first Fable.
yes, just like Fable Legends should have been! It will be interesting