• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible future DLC

Would you buy a DLC that expanded on Aurora and the desert area?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
I don't think that little strand is the Northern wastes probably Hook Coast, I've always thought it's like the North pole. Fable 1's maps weren't very accurate, remember the F1 Hero had a full beard by the time he got there

CЯ0W

Reaction score
i would really like a dlc that expands on the king part of fable because you dont get to do much kingly stuff after you finish the game

king_reaver

Reaction score
wind side, seaside, black ridge, underwoods, sutcliff as dlc

SebClem

Reaction score
I won't be buying any dlc for fable 3 - seeing as lion head cheaped out on the reaver's mansion and witheld the mystery wheel from the game to make money on the dlc, I won't be buying any of it. It was obviously meant to be part of the game that they withheld to make some extra money.

Disgusting.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
Aurora DLC: Hell, I don't care if it had a friendly Sand Fury community/town. At the very least, expand it.

But there should be at least another threat worse than Crawler, and may require the Heroes Guild, in other words, possibly rebuild the Heroes Guild or leave it destroyed.

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
My inclination is about the three doors around Albion that seem unaccessible. There is the end door in the Veiled Path. there is also another door in the same area to left and up and that does not open and no quest allows it to; and a third door in Silverpines that is all lit up and fancied like it's hiding something but no key. so yea my assumption is that there is some DLC on the way for those like for the door in the Merc camp that turned out to be a shooting range...

Simon Kaya

UKDragon1991
Reaction score
bloodstone should be on the fable 3 map but is not so they could add that

Paladin-MoonKing

Reaction score
Expanding on what King_Reaver said, I think Sutcliff dlc would be a great addition. They could put in a quest pack that has to do with the Triumvirate, or The Balverine Order, maybe add the three hero weapons to the game (Or two, considering the Black Dragon is already in the game) (Though, adding the Hero of Will gauntlet is also questionable). Quenting Locke, Thomas Kirkman, and James Skelton, according to the story, could still be alive. It was only a good few decades after The Balverine Order book that Fable 3 started. I honestly don't see why they couldn't do it.

Paladin-MoonKing

Reaction score
My mistake, I apologize... Your right though. We have a 500 year gap and then a 50 year gap. What happened in the 50 year gap doesnt really mean that much to me cause I mean think of it this way in Fable 2 "See the Futur" you got a kings outfit and were shown you would be king and have a child. So we kinda know what happnened in that gap... the thing I wanna know is WTH happened in the 500 years and where is the old Heroes Guild???? I mean did it flood,destroyed what exactly? Who the hell knows it may be laying under the ruins of Aurora for all we know

I may be wrong about this, but doesn't the story of Fable tell us what happened to the Old Heroes Guild? The story goes thusly: After the fall of Jack of Blades, Heroes became arrogant, and complacent with their power, and started doing nothing but going to villages and bullying around the little non-villagers. They had become self serving and generally evil, acting more like mercenaries then heroes. So the people of Albion revolted, destroying the Heroes Guild, and most of the Heroes themselves. That was the explanation as to why there was only ruins in Fable 2 and, more importantly, why there were almost no Heroes left.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
Well, you could become the new guildmaster/guildmistress, and make sure its different(old Heroes Guild is neutral/mostly evil, new Heroes Guild could be good only/no neutral or evil people allowed to be heroes).

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
My inclination is about the three doors around Albion that seem unaccessible. There is the end door in the Veiled Path. there is also another door in the same area to left and up and that does not open and no quest allows it to; and a third door in Silverpines that is all lit up and fancied like it's hiding something but no key. so yea my assumption is that there is some DLC on the way for those like for the door in the Merc camp that turned out to be a shooting range...
the one in Silerpines is for the LCE bonus content... sorry to brutally crush your brilliant idea in my fists

Anvious

Reaction score
Grdius hinted at a DLC focused on the endgate of the veiled path.
Now that ! Is one I am rather curious about, because that gate just annoys me for not being able to open it!!
But all in all it would be a big letdown if its another Understone kind of thing where you'll be done within minutes

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
A new area involving Aurora and Knothole Island potions. Obvious for the first point, for the second you'd think after the last two games when people complained about height/weight/whatever issues, they'd keep what they fixed for the sequel instead of leaving it out again. But I suppose it's not the first time Lionhead kept out the interesting stuff until you have to buy it separately using your MS points....

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
No I wouldn't buy a DLC with aurora as the main focus, because frankly the main game is such a piece of **** i wouldn't want to have to wait for a certain point that i could actually experience the DLC content.
I traded it in recently and i don't think i will be re-buying it again unless they come out with some really cool DLC's which i highly doubt, since all their other DLC's have been pretty much total garbage.
I wish i never pre-ordered, a total waste of $60!

shane states

Reaction score
I may be wrong about this, but doesn't the story of Fable tell us what happened to the Old Heroes Guild? The story goes thusly: After the fall of Jack of Blades, Heroes became arrogant, and complacent with their power, and started doing nothing but going to villages and bullying around the little non-villagers. They had become self serving and generally evil, acting more like mercenaries then heroes. So the people of Albion revolted, destroying the Heroes Guild, and most of the Heroes themselves. That was the explanation as to why there was only ruins in Fable 2 and, more importantly, why there were almost no Heroes left.

I mean your right that is what we have been told throughout the storyline from many different vantage points, but what I'm getting at is I would like to know what made the Heroes become this way. Was it due to there defeat of the J.O.B. or was it that just had nothing better to do... See what I mean. Would love a gap filler game like a Fable: the 500 years or some crap

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
I mean your right that is what we have been told throughout the storyline from many different vantage points, but what I'm getting at is I would like to know what made the Heroes become this way. Was it due to there defeat of the J.O.B. or was it that just had nothing better to do... See what I mean. Would love a gap filler game like a Fable: the 500 years or some crap

well after the hero of oakvale defeated the greatest evil in albion, most evil went away with it. Summoners, minions are gone. Im sure after defeat of jack, the hero of oakvale wiped out most bandits, and the rest of evil. So the rest of the heroes, inferior to the hero of oakvale, got bored, and probably a little jealous. So like a bully, instead of fighting hero of oakvale ( knowing they would get their asses kicked) took it out on villagers. So the villagers revolted and took em down. And since the hero of oakvale spent his final years in homestead, noone took him down.

I know that obviously guns were invented, and with the heroes, the ways of strength, skill, and will were forgotten. Cullis gates no longer were necessary, and thus probably crumbled over time. The world changed without heroes, and in a sense flourished.

Paladin-MoonKing

Reaction score

I would be able to dig that. Except it doesn't really seem like there would be any climactic points in a game like that. They would have to really reach for a plot there. Jack is defeated, so what would the major bad guy be? The regular people? And what would the "Final Boss" be? A stronger-than-most regular person? And on top of that, where would there be room for good/evil choices? Who would you play as? It's always been a member of the Archon bloodline, So what, the original hero's son? And why wouldn't they have mentioned him in Fable 2 or 3 if he was a major part of the Guild's downfall. It's a nice thought, but there are so many things to think about. I can't see it working.

shane states

Reaction score
I would be able to dig that. Except it doesn't really seem like there would be any climactic points in a game like that. They would have to really reach for a plot there. Jack is defeated, so what would the major bad guy be? The regular people? And what would the "Final Boss" be? A stronger-than-most regular person? And on top of that, where would there be room for good/evil choices? Who would you play as? It's always been a member of the Archon bloodline, So what, the original hero's son? And why wouldn't they have mentioned him in Fable 2 or 3 if he was a major part of the Guild's downfall. It's a nice thought, but there are so many things to think about. I can't see it working.

and ur absolutely right it wouldnt would just love to see it.... like what the hell did Teresea go off and do for 500 years play as her even through her trials... just an after thought

Status
Not open for further replies.