• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Pre-Ordering EXCLUSIVE!'<----Not fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niekvdm

Reaction score
TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO BOUGHT THE PLAIN VERSION AND BEAT IT. THEN DECIDED I WANTED THE COLLECTORS EDITION AND FOUND A GMAESTOP WHO HAD ONE THAT SOMEONE DIDNT PICK UP. DUE TO THE FACT THEY ARE PREORDER ONLY... ITS NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. BUT I THINK IF UR GONNA RESERVE ONE AND PRE-ORDER IT YOU DO DESERVE THE EXTRA BONUSES...

Please sir, turn of your caps.

shane states

Reaction score
i do apologize.... sorry for any inconvenience i cause you from reading CAPS

Alucard Nightraven

Reaction score
If it's a game I eagerly anticipate I preorder it because I want the game and by preordering and paying slowly over time I don't have to drop $60 or more on it the day it comes out, the bonuses or exclusives are a plus for preordering. There is nothing unfair about it

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
If you wanted the pre-order bonuses you would have pre-ordered, makes sense.
I can see how it may be considered 'unfair' to have different pre-order bonuses for different stores and such, as if you want it all you will have to fork out a fair amount of coin, besides they aren't crucial or game changing so there is no point whining over it.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
LCE is Limited Collectors' Edition. I've got it myself and didn't really think the extras were THAT special to complain about. At least in your case.

As long as you're enjoying Fable III, it's good. Life doesn't grant everything, so neither should you expect such if it comes to this.

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
i bought the LCE and literally use nothing i gained from it but maybe the highlander kilt and gloves, i just like owning cool things ITS A FREAKING BOOK! was what ran through my mind when i bought it so i did im glad i did too

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The only thing that ever bugs me about anything "special" or "limited" (aside from the price, because I'm tight like that) is that once you've stumped up the cash for your "exclusive" blah-di-blah, they bring it out over the XBL Marketplace just a few months later and it works out cheaper than it was to have it included with your pre-order. If something is exclusive to a particular edition of a game, then it should stay exclusive to that game.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
The sanctuary shop didn't get the hunters lodge or wolfsbane quest though. Plus the coin is nice!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
The coin is cool - and the cards :D

To be fair, Fable doesn't tend to be guilty of the aforementioned gripe but other games have done it in the past which, whilst not jaw-droppingly rage-making, it's still a little bit cheeky.

Status
Not open for further replies.