• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Project Ego Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Project Ego Rumours

Back when Fable was in the early stages of developement and still known as Project Ego, there were alot of rumours for possible features circling the net and I'm just curious which ones all of you might have heard.

I remember reading an IGN article ages ago that mentioned that Fable would include a 2-4 multiplayer mode, I think it was the article included below but I only had time to have a quick flick through it.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/402/402233p1.html

What other features did you hear about? :)

F

Fuzi0n

Re: Project Ego Rumours

That link doesnt work atm, im at college. Ill try it later.

But i heard you were supposed to be able to have children.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah i remember this back from E3 2003!

At least one player (though it may end up allowing four players on at once) will be able to accompany a hero on his quest. Alone, you can gain a sidekick or alter ego. This AI person aids in your quest. But have your buddy plug in a controller and he can control your sidekick. But more impressive, is that your buddy can take a save of his character from his game of Fable and drop it into your game! He has the same powers, abilities, nobility, and alignment.

Playing in tandem, one person must always be "the hero" while the other is the sidekick. The hero is the only one who can gain experience points and is the one the world reacts to. But you can flip-flop who is hero and sidekick with the black button. So, if you are clever, you can have a very evil character and a very heroic character work together. In battle, in towns, when receiving quests, you can switch who is the leader and therefore change how the world reacts to you. It's a bit of a strange idea, but the right team of powers and force could be unstoppable.

After play is done, your buddy can pull out and upload his character back into his game -- with any enhancements he earned while playing with you!

C

Crazyarms

wow, i guess Fables original story was different than the one they actually used. And i think the controls were dfferent too.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Crazyarms said:
wow, i guess Fables original story was different than the one they actually used. And i think the controls were dfferent too.

ALOT of content was removed because people just wanted it released and Lionhead were pressured into its launch so unfinished content had to be removed or hidden in the files as some members here have found out when modding.

F

Fuzi0n

Wow, i hope they add that sidekick feature to fable2! would be ace to play with friends.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Fuzi0n said:
Wow, i hope they add that sidekick feature to fable2! would be ace to play with friends.

Who knows what they may add (or takeaway) it will be a long time before Fable 2 is released so they could include anything they wanted. They even took out the idea of having 'other' heroes (AI) that also completed quests and tried to challenge you at being the grestest hero or villian in Albion.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I don't want any sidekick. they would just get the way

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

There you have it, the solo path is the best path. No need to watch over your little sidekick when your trying to take down a troll.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I agree. You swing your sword so fast you could get him so he wouldn't last long anyway.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

he wouldn't even last that long, I'd probably just let him act as balverine food.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

Or a new toy for the Hobbes.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

There you go, or a new friend for those grumpy bandits, hehe.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Haha! I thought you were supposed to be neutral, Seigfried! Sounds like you're as evil as Andy. ^_^

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

I am neutral, I just don't like sidekicks, that's all.

F

Fuzi0n

Well, ok. No to AI sidekicks, but multiplayer would be ace. Doing quests with friends.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I agree. Shame that they were forced to remove that feature due to the impending deadline.

F

Fuzi0n

mmm, why didnt they add it to lost chapters, they could of made their deadline longer, to add all their old ideas. =(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

projectego said:
Haha! I thought you were supposed to be neutral, Seigfried! Sounds like you're as evil as Andy. ^_^

Only person as evil as me is.... :unsure: not sure actually...

:lol:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I enjoyed the whole lonely hero aspect- but at times it would have been cool to team up with somebody. It would have definately been an awesome feature if a friend could import their save and play alongside you but anytime they werent connected your character would have been alone- when they loaded their game save new quests and options could appear and the character could be introduced via a cut scene or something. Shame about that feature not being available on Fable but hopefully with F2 they will do something similar. Perhaps a second player will be able to plug in and play as the dog companion that is rumoured to be included....

Status
Not open for further replies.