• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Project Wisdom

Hobbilis

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no posting here. I miss y'all.
I was checking out some news, all of a sudden... leaks.

According to the comicbook.com, who related a forum post from a user "Klobrille" over at resetera.com

Now, take these with a grain of salt, as these are unconfirmed reports with some questions about their authenticity. However, the same user reported on a number of items that ended up being confirmed back at E3 2016, so there is the possibility that they could be happening. They noted that the titles were listed in the Xbox Live API SDK, though, again, there’s no official confirmation. So don’t go jumping up and down for these just yet, until Microsoft gives the official say-so.

First up, following the abrupt cancellation of Fable Legends and the closure of Lionhead Studios a while back, it sounds like Microsoft is taking interest in the Fable franchise again, with a possible new project being developed by either Playground Games or Studio Gobo. It’ll be interesting to see a new developer give this franchise a try, although we’ll certainly miss the touches that Lionhead applied to it.

I have no idea who this Klobrille is, but apparently his "leaks" turn out to be quite accurate.
So they say, at least.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Be interesting to see if there is any truth in it, I know Microsoft have been keen to get an outside studio to develop a Fable game before so who knows.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
A triple A open world action RPG is apparently under early development by Playground Games(Forza Horizon 1,2,3.) A British developer, old neighbours to Lionhead actually. They’re a pretty competent studio so it’s in good hands, despite their lack of RPG experience. It’s a pretty bitter sweet feeling. I want Fable IV - heck I just want the Fable series to live again(aside from Fable Fortune.) It’s bittersweet because I also want Fable Legends back, and Lionhead.

Vanders

Jack of Blades
Reaction score
Xbox is really lacking exclusives at the moment, especially seeing as they cancelled Scalebound, so I'm sure they are keen to resurrect this old staple.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Xbox is really lacking exclusives at the moment, especially seeing as they cancelled Scalebound, so I'm sure they are keen to resurrect this old staple.

Though I havent been short of games to play they could do with some more exclusives for sure. Though it is good to see more XB1 games on PC and vice versa so I have a choice of platform to play on.

Vanders

Jack of Blades
Reaction score
Though I havent been short of games to play they could do with some more exclusives for sure. Though it is good to see more XB1 games on PC and vice versa so I have a choice of platform to play on.

Definitely better that they be on both platforms. I think this would count towards a Microsoft exclusive and by extension kind of an Xbox exclusive. Either way, Xbone needs more RPGs.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Would love a Fable 4, fingers crossed until more info comes out.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
EuroGamer seem to be convinced that Fable IV is in the works by Playground Games and have written an article “confirming” it and also that they have spoken to Dene Carter about the new title not being developed by Lionhead.

Vanders

Jack of Blades
Reaction score
Looks like all the other video game media sites have got similar stories now too. I think it's safe to get hyped. It's happening!

I wonder how a developer who handles car racing games will handle an RPG? They are British so the style of humour is likely to remain the same.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Looks like all the other video game media sites have got similar stories now too. I think it's safe to get hyped. It's happening!

I wonder how a developer who handles car racing games will handle an RPG? They are British so the style of humour is likely to remain the same.

A studio who only made linear FPS games managed to come up with Horizon Zero Dawn so it’s not that much of a stretch I guess. If they can hire some decent story writers & animators they know how to craft good looking detailed open worlds already. They were pretty much neighbours of Lionhead Studios too so likely know some of the team.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I think that Turn 10 are as good a choice for a developer as any. They obviously don't have much of an RPG pedigree to their history, but as far as care and attention goes to the car racing genre, they're pretty much top dog at the moment (from my limited familiarity with the genre). I think Fable would be a great opportunity for them to cut their teeth on the RPG genre and prove themselves as being more than a one-trick pony.

I'm excited anway - made my week to hear that Microsoft were putting some of their best fellas on this. Viva la Fable!

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I think that Turn 10 are as good a choice for a developer as any. They obviously don't have much of an RPG pedigree to their history, but as far as care and attention goes to the car racing genre, they're pretty much top dog at the moment (from my limited familiarity with the genre). I think Fable would be a great opportunity for them to cut their teeth on the RPG genre and prove themselves as being more than a one-trick pony.

I'm excited anway - made my week to hear that Microsoft were putting some of their best fellas on this. Viva la Fable!
I mean hey, once upon a time Bethesda Game Studios was known for their Terminator & Wayne Gretzky hockey games, yet look at 'em now! Elder Scrolls & Fallout are astronomically different from Bethesda's roots, so I'm definitely willing to give these new developers a chance at this. I'll take it, it's better than not having any Fable at all and having Lionhead's legacy burn to the wayside.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
it came so much out of left field when not even a year ago the series was actively known as dead. Now fable 4? dream come true. Hope they release it for PC