• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question On The Armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
Are there any sets of Armour in the game?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
There is indeed one set of armor called the "Warrior" armor, I believe. It costs nearly 20,000 gold though but it's really just like any other piece of clothing because there are no defense ratings or armor values or anything like that.

Setari

Reaction score
There is indeed one set of armor called the "Warrior" armor, I believe. It costs nearly 20,000 gold though but it's really just like any other piece of clothing because there are no defense ratings or armor values or anything like that.

But it looks REALLY cool. :D Totally worth the 20,000! Plus you can find the boots in some cave later. >.>. Or well, I did. =\

Reaction score

I would be a little disapointed if they went back to armour ratings, i love being able to wear what i want without missing out on extra bonuses ^_^

The armour is worth buying, i think the female warrior helmet looks cool on a male hero.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
But it looks REALLY cool. :D Totally worth the 20,000! Plus you can find the boots in some cave later. >.>. Or well, I did. =\

It's not bad. I personally prefer the Masquerade set and the Wizard set is pretty sweet too. The hat is a little too... weird for me but aside from that it works perfectly for gunslingers and magic users.

I would be a little disapointed if they went back to armour ratings, i love being able to wear what i want without missing out on extra bonuses ^_^

The armour is worth buying, i think the female warrior helmet looks cool on a male hero.

Sorry man, I'm not a fan of cross-dressing.

But yeah, I never actually bothered with armor ratings. I always wore the Will user sets and it worked wonders for me. Then again, combining Mana Shield with the devastating array of spells we had was just too much for my opponents, haha.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I quite liked armour in one. As Mal pointed out that, it was kinda irrelevant ultimately because of Mana Shield + Mana Aug was the best armour :D

I think there is another armour set that has been released today with a slew of other DLC.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Sorry man, I'm not a fan of cross-dressing.

But yeah, I never actually bothered with armor ratings. I always wore the Will user sets and it worked wonders for me. Then again, combining Mana Shield with the devastating array of spells we had was just too much for my opponents, haha.
It's a metal helmet. It's not like there is a pink bow on it. What's the difference if a guy wears it? The name? Careful, someone might think you're gay if you wear that helmet. I heard it's called the female helmet, that makes it gay.

Also... mana shield is easy mode. You oughtta be ashamed.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Heh don't the villagers react to ya just because you have the female helm on >.< Damn picky populous. Its a helm! Not a bloody skirt :blink:

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
It's a metal helmet. It's not like there is a pink bow on it. What's the difference if a guy wears it? The name? Careful, someone might think you're gay if you wear that helmet. I heard it's called the female helmet, that makes it gay.

Also... mana shield is easy mode. You oughtta be ashamed.

It's a helmet designed with women in mind and made just for them. The fact that it has to have a pink bow (by your logic) to make it cross-dressing is silly.

Yeah... no. Mana Shield wasn't the be-all, end-all because you had to use up a hell of a lot of mana potions to keep that thing going.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
The helmet changes its dimensions to fit a male head if a male character wears it. There's nothing on the helmet (aside from the name) which indicates that it's only for women. It *wasn't* designed specifically for women, that's my point. If no one had ever told you the name of that helmet, you wouldn't KNOW it was supposedly for women now would you?

Mana potions are like candy in the first Fable. You can buy a whole bag of them and pop them constantly. While you've got mana shield active you're unflinchable and you essentially have two health bars. Hey you're right, it's not easy mode. It's ultimate freakin' pansy mode.

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Not even close to on topic but I just had to comment on your avatar, love it, haven't seen a samurai jack reference in a long ass time :D

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
No problem, my good man. Aku was the closest thing to a "Shadowfiend" that I could think of. So there you have it. The extremely short origin story of my avatar.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
The helmet changes its dimensions to fit a male head if a male character wears it. There's nothing on the helmet (aside from the name) which indicates that it's only for women. It *wasn't* designed specifically for women, that's my point. If no one had ever told you the name of that helmet, you wouldn't KNOW it was supposedly for women now would you?

Mana potions are like candy in the first Fable. You can buy a whole bag of them and pop them constantly. While you've got mana shield active you're unflinchable and you essentially have two health bars. Hey you're right, it's not easy mode. It's ultimate freakin' pansy mode.
except health potions were just as plentiful, so for a pure mage it was like having a single health bar that went down when you attacked as well as when you were attacked, so not so easy

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
except health potions were just as plentiful, so for a pure mage it was like having a single health bar that went down when you attacked as well as when you were attacked, so not so easy
Wait. How is like having one health bar? You still have the other, actual health bar. It's exceedingly unlikely that anything could possibly damage you fast enough to deplete your mana bar before you can drink a mana potion. I don't believe it's possible. I've played a pure Will User. They aren't the best DPS, I'd give that to a berserked warrior, but they ARE completely unkillable. Anyone that uses Mana Shield is unkillable. That's why I scoff at it and those who use it. I mean COME ON, it's practically a passive ability! You just turn it on for a tiny mana cost and it stays active forever! It makes the game too easy. Stupidly easy.

I mean, hey, if you need to cower behind your magic bull**** shield in order to do well, go ahead. It's not like my opinion of you affects anything.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

You can make as many excuses as you want but you're still a cross-dresser and I'm sure the game labels you as such too.

Yeah, okay. This is the part where I roll my eyes. Too bad you can't see it.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
You can make as many excuses as you want but you're still a cross-dresser and I'm sure the game labels you as such too.

Yeah, okay. This is the part where I roll my eyes. Too bad you can't see it.
You disappoint me.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Wait. How is like having one health bar? You still have the other, actual health bar. It's exceedingly unlikely that anything could possibly damage you fast enough to deplete your mana bar before you can drink a mana potion. I don't believe it's possible. I've played a pure Will User. They aren't the best DPS, I'd give that to a berserked warrior, but they ARE completely unkillable. Anyone that uses Mana Shield is unkillable. That's why I scoff at it and those who use it. I mean COME ON, it's practically a passive ability! You just turn it on for a tiny mana cost and it stays active forever! It makes the game too easy. Stupidly easy.

I mean, hey, if you need to cower behind your magic bull**** shield in order to do well, go ahead. It's not like my opinion of you affects anything.

This alone tells me you never actually used Mana Shield (or played a pure Will user for that matter). When you get hit, a large chunk of your mana gets taken away and that shield disappears VERY quickly if you're caught in a group of monsters. You can spam health potions just as much as you can spam mana potions and you can get just as many too. So honestly, that just makes everything "stupidly easy", huh?

You disappoint me.

And I'm sure your parents would be equally as disappointed if they knew you were a cross-dresser.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
This alone tells me you never actually used Mana Shield (or played a pure Will user for that matter). When you get hit, a large chunk of your mana gets taken away and that shield disappears VERY quickly if you're caught in a group of monsters. You can spam health potions just as much as you can spam mana potions and you can get just as many too. So honestly, that just makes everything "stupidly easy", huh?
Yes, it does. Spamming health potions is different from mana potions because if you've got Mana Shield on you're unflinchable and you also can't lose your flourish. That's a big deal! Your combat multiplier can't be taken away from you either, but I suppose that doesn't really have any bearing on the mechanics of combat in general. So, you can't be knocked out of combos and your attacks are unblockable. Sounds pretty broken to me. Especially for Warriors. As for Will users, if you're playing one then you're constantly rolling away from your enemy to use fireball or lightning, or you're trying to roll in and use the AoE spell Enflame (which is my pick for best spell. Maybe you use Force Push or something. I never found it to be very effective on the end game enemies.) I don't think you appreciate just how EASY it is to avoid damage in this game to begin with. Well, I suppose you'll get hit by the occasional arrow, Dreadwing spell, or Hobbe magic, but for the most part melee attacks (which make up the better part of enemy move sets) are laughably simple to dodge away from. The Mana Shield makes what little damage you DO take from those ranged attacks inconsequential. You become immortal, because you no longer have to worry about getting blindsided by a ranged attack.

Are you really going to stand there and tell me that using Mana Shield doesn't make the game a whole lot easier than it would be if you didn't use it? I should hope not, otherwise you're as foolish as you are arrogant.

And I'm sure your parents would be equally as disappointed if they knew you were a cross-dresser.
I'm just going to smile politely at you and fondly imagine I'm speaking to someone who isn't a childish sub-human.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I enjoy arguing, I think I'll sit this one out. All you've done so far is whine about using a specific combination, which, by the way, you're not forced to use. It's a merry-go-round of pointless bickering and I don't see either of us stepping down which means it's only going to escalate. I'd rather not have to deal with that.

Danyn

Pokegirl
Reaction score
how is the bright armor u get when u shoot to 20 gnomes is pretty??? =o

nvm i see is only a decoration piece ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.