• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Questions about fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst Player

Reaction score
some people may get mad for these Q's but please don't flame I'm just curious.

I have never played any fable's

ok so I'm thinking about getting fable 3. I have Black Ops coming in the mail Tuesday but it just looks like mw2 with older guns so getting rid of it.

My questions:

1) All I've seen on youtube about fable 3 is it just looks like a movie and hardly any game play, is this true?
2) I've heard you level up your damage and cooking etc... is it anything like runescape or Dark cloud? (if anyones heard of that.)

3) (main question) is it worth $60.00?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
1. A movie? No. Is there hardly any gameplay? Yes. And 90% of it is just running around.

2. I've heard and played both and it's nothing like that.

3. Hell. No. It's a worth a rent at best.

Worst Player

Reaction score
1. A movie? No. Is there hardly any gameplay? Yes. And 90% of it is just running around.

2. I've heard and played both and it's nothing like that.

3. Hell. No. It's a worth a rent at best.

wow ok thank you for the honest truth appreciate it! :)

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
1) I found there was alot of gameplay, what do you mean by movie? It has further-alot more better then Fable 2, in my opinion.

2)nothing like runescape don't no what dark cloud is, but lets say there is Pie making - Blacksmithing - Lute Playing:

there is a place called "road to rule" And you can buy the upgrades from 1-5 those, upgrades can be bought, for "meele" "ranged" and "will"

also,

and. you can buy new spells and expression packs there, coming to a total of: 48 treasure chests.

3) Yes, and No. Yes, because If your a loyal fan to Fable you'll buy it and enjoy it (its really good) NO, because sometimes it glitches on you, but Hey! Patches ;0

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
1. Er, no. It is somewhat heavy on the cutscenes, however. The combat is fairly smooth.

2. Where they level up by being used? Not exactly. You'll have to play the game to find out.

3. $60? I would say no. Wait until it's around $40, or until there are a few DLCs.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
wow ok thank you for the honest truth appreciate it! :)

No problem. You may hear different things from different players but take it from me, I spent $80 for extra content and it was still the shortest most disappointing game of my life.

Worst Player

Reaction score
ok well thank you everybody, guess i won't get it at the moment, i haven't played any fables so i guess i'll have to find a diff game.

Rachierae

Reaction score
some people may get mad for these Q's but please don't flame I'm just curious.

I have never played any fable's

ok so I'm thinking about getting fable 3. I have Black Ops coming in the mail Tuesday but it just looks like mw2 with older guns so getting rid of it.

My questions:

1) All I've seen on youtube about fable 3 is it just looks like a movie and hardly any game play, is this true?
2) I've heard you level up your damage and cooking etc... is it anything like runescape or Dark cloud? (if anyones heard of that.)
3) (main question) is it worth $60.00?

1) there are cut scenes like all games. The game play is different to any other, I can't really compare it to anything other then fable 1 and 2 =/ it's very RP, your actions have consequences, if your mean to people they will hate you etc. There is a lot of mini quests and social interactions. Every time you leave cities you will encounter hostile creatures/people. There is a pretty good story line, but the end game content isn't very good, just collecting quests (keys, flowers and gnomes)

2) You gain XP from killing monsters, completing quests and interacting with villagers. You buy your abilies when they become available to you.

3) The game is short, I completed it the day it came out. You could easily knock it off over night, or a few nights if your after all the achievements. I would say, seeing as though you haven't played the ones before it, hire it out. If you like it then buy it, but just remember there isn't my re-play value in this game

Reaction score
I kno what he means, he means like the commercial, he thought it was like that, but no its like any other fable game.
and no its not worth 60 bucks, nuff said on that note.

Status
Not open for further replies.