• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Re-Texturing for Dummies

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Re-Texturing for Dummies

HodgePodge;108000 said:
Hey guys, just to let ya know, when doing an extreme recolor, I find it easier to simply go into your modelling program, unwrap the UVW and then you have the lines and outline of the texture, and rather than recoloring, your coloring it for the first time :thumbsup:

:unsure: UVW?

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score

well i think it depends on the editer ure useing im useing Paint.NET (because my PSP trail ended :() so i just go to effects outline if thats what hodge podge ment... :D

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Awesome guide, HodgePodge! A little late of me but... +rep

OldBoy

Reaction score

HodgePodge;108000 said:
Hey guys, just to let ya know, when doing an extreme recolor, I find it easier to simply go into your modelling program, unwrap the UVW and then you have the lines and outline of the texture, and rather than recoloring, your coloring it for the first time :thumbsup:

I think that a lot of people won't understand this. Using a 3d modelling program is harder than working with Photoshop (which is hard enough for a lot of people)... Then there's also the importing and correct linking to the right texture which can cause a headache.

So, well basically; I disagree :wacko:

S

Suzamaki

This Guide is just what i was looking for thanks!:w00t: +rep

H

HodgePodge

OldBoy;108181 said:
I think that a lot of people won't understand this. Using a 3d modelling program is harder than working with Photoshop (which is hard enough for a lot of people)... Then there's also the importing and correct linking to the right texture which can cause a headache.

So, well basically; I disagree :wacko:

Yea, I was just posting that it was easier for me. I prefer to be able to color something for the first time than have to recolor it. I get what you're saying though, and recoloring works fine :thumbsup:

And Sephi, UVW Unwrap just takes the texture off of something, allows you to add color, and designs, and then reapply the texture to an object. Think of it as pulling off the outer skin, recoloring, and re applying it ;)

L

LeeDonbo

+Rep for nice tutorial!
I know no one has posted in this thread for a while, but I had a question. I understand how to re-texture an item, but say I wanted to create a re-texture but not overwrite the existing texture. Say I wanted to use the Longsword model, but for a single custom weapon with a different texture to make it stand out from the already existing longsword. Thanks for any help with this, and =rep to whoever can help me.

K

Kusumura

Very helpful, +Rep to you Hodge!

H

HodgePodge

Edited first post with a link to the Photoshop .dds plugin. It's important that you use this format when importing into FE if you want your textures to look nice ;)

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

ty i liked the title :)

T

Traxxi

when i double click top open it, it says "error displaying entry" does anyone know why i get this (probably my fault i know) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

edit:

i can open some, but there still some that wont open

OldBoy

Reaction score

Traxxi;144794 said:
when i double click top open it, it says "error displaying entry" does anyone know why i get this (probably my fault i know) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

edit:

i can open some, but there still some that wont open

Some entries cannot be opened. Don't know why for sure, probably some format FE can't read - or something like that.

So it's not just you ;)

T

Traxxi

ah ok i was like maybe its me hehe tho lots do open so your right hehe ^_^ thanks for the response. on another sidenote while were at the texture department i tried looking for good textures from JoB mask and his outfit ofcourse so far i havnt been able to spot it, (maybe cus it cudnt be opened?) have you or others obtained them or have them?

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

ok whenever i alter a texture and follow everything down to a T i always et an error message that says textures.big cannot open HELP!!!!! how do i fix this

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Haha I finished my first retexture even if it is horrid I like it +rep hp!

T

TimeShifter86

Hi i'm new to this forum but i'v been reading a bunch that yall have to offer and I wanted to ask a simple question before I waste any more time with it. Is it posible to alter the color of the Will effect that appears on your skin? I was wanting to switch it to red. but when I saved mod and opened fable it didn't apear on his skin. and when I exited I tried to look at a couple of textures and they wouldn't show the textures in the ones I opened including the one i edited. So I quit FE and reopened it and found that the will texture I tried to edit went back to the defualt blue. Am i not doing somthing right? I folowed the guide in every aspect.