• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Re-Texturing for Dummies

X

XxAkutabi_MikamixX

Re: Re-Texturing for Dummies

HodgePodge;97133 said:
and Windows will say that it is Not Responding. Just let it sit. Go get a cup of coffee, and prepare to give me rep ^_^. Hope this guide helped everyone, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. ;) Please post if this guide helped you. :)

Ok, well when you say "It is not responding" which one is supposed to say that.

I'm getting an error message from vista saying

Fable - The Lost Chapters has stopped working

Problem event name : APPCRASH
Application Name: Fable.exe

EDIT: I pulled up task manager and apparently FE tried to open fable up about 5 times.

And now when I try to run the disk it doesn't go past the loading screen when I try to load a saved game.

: /

Is this FE stuff not good for vista?

O

Orgasmatron78

i have a question. Appearantly in my shadow net build i activated a mod that has given me multiple textures for jack's mask in the textures.bin. i couldn't find the one that actually did anything (the original working texture) so i went into meshes and changed the base texture to one of the copies. when i did that the texture ended up corrupted and i want to know if anyone knows why?

also i would like to know what it is that makes a texture corrupt in the first place

O

Orgasmatron78

Thanks again, JohnDoe, your advice is greatly appreciated!

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

followed the instructions to a T looked through this thread and it seems im the only one with this problem
When I apply changes save mods and run fable after a period of a couple of minutes an error message comes up Unhandled exception... cannot create a file when that file already exists
and then when i double click the weapon or armour this other error message comes up Unhandled exception... object refrence not set to an instance of an object
any help would be good
thanks guys
chris

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Do you run vista?

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

Yes lol and that answered my question as soon as i posted i realised it was a user level fault then just clicked run as admin thanks for the time and thought to help me tho
thanks
chris

C

Cookie

Uhm..Is this basically the same way you re-color things? (Is Newb) v.v