• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

really?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I've really grown to hate Kinect. Such a stupid gimmicky thing. It will never ever get a real game, mark my words. Crap like this is all it will ever get.

This is just crap with the familiar Fable franchise crapped all over it in a vain attempt to appeal to us fans. I'm feeling sick to my stomach.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I've really grown to hate Kinect. Such a stupid gimmicky thing. It will never ever get a real game, mark my words. Crap like this is all it will ever get.

This is just crap with the familiar Fable franchise crapped all over it in a vain attempt to appeal to us fans. I'm feeling sick to my stomach.

i agree with you 100%

FableAddict

Reaction score
I may get this game, just to see if there is ANY improvement from Fable 3. I highly doubt that though because there was barely any time at all between games.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I honestly thought Fable was going to be THE xbox RPG like the one that set the fronteir for RPG's on the xbox. I hate Kinnect!! It turns you into a monkey, mimmick the gimmick.

Screw it just go cheese the hell out bring back Jack of Blades **** off every person with the storyline and save your franchise.

Its a tragic comedy, worst,play,..ever.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It's supposedly not on rails.

I fear that I may be beaten with a meat mallet if I say I'm looking forward to anything about this game, but I will say that I'm not happy that it's on Kinect (for two reasons: I'm nervous about how it will turn out on that system, and Kinect is expensive), and I'm not happy that it only has a first person view. I just hope this isn't the next big game in the Fable series. I hope this isn't our Fable 4.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah its to soon say much of anything, maybe when we see a trailer we'll all be blown away. I also hope it will be a spin off just to enhance the world and lore of Albion rather then actually bieng the next installment. I will definatley not be able to afford Kinect. Im..hopeful.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You can only make one first impression though. And the one they made with this one was horrible.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
This is really bothering me because Fable TLC was such an amazing, perfect game, and the more Peter strays away from that game, the worse his games are going to be. This game is going to to be interesting and chances are be the best kinnect game [for obvious reasons], but i don't have a kinnect and it would be the hugest waste of money if i bought a sh-- game and a expensive video camera.

I think peter just wanted to make a game out of the new connect stuff just because its modern, new, and there are not really any games for it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I had a feeling that after the whole Milo showing at E3 a while ago Peter would steer his next game down the avenue of Kinect. I think he needs to start looking towards Bioware and Bethesda for some inspiration (maybe not EA Bioware) but the products they have been releasing seem to get better all the time. More people will have just looked in Skyrim's direction id imagine.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^ Well before it was connect i forgot what it was called but when it was a prototype Lionhead was commissioned to make something "really cool" with it to get everyone excited. They were probably chosen because of the unique way they approach videogames. They made Milo a realistic boy with human artificial interaction and it was actually kind of creepy. Peter after doing such an amazing thing with the Kinect got promoted to Director of something. So Im thinking they got kind of "forced" to do something with the Kinect.

Fable TLC was amazing because Lionhead back then was a private game studio and spent like 4 or 6 years making it. It sold 4million copies and they got contracted with Microsoft. Even though they probably got sweet hook ups and funding from Microsoft they also got deadlines. I remember an old interview with Peter saying he really wished he had more time with Fable 2. I remember waiting for it to come out and they didnt even finish fixing all the bugs ingame until a month before shipping.

Im still supportive, I thought Fable 3 was a letdown. Peter wants to make 5 Fables but I think it would have been a much better experiance if they had done a trilogy like Halo and then they could make other installments like Halo wars, ODST, and Reach.

As for Kinect I think its a stupid Family go getter to make more money and widen the pool. Xbox was the best console because they focused on Males 20 to 30. I think we need more Focus branching out and blooming takes up to much energy from the plant itself.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
I can't wait for The Witcher 2 on the Xbox. What about you guys?

Oh, and this 'Fable' looks so bad. Really.

Harshstar

Yep, that's cake all right
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and be the first to disagree with this entire thread. I've been a fan of Fable since the beginning and, while the takeaway from third person is questionable, it has worked in the past. In regards to the on rails comments, only part of the demo (if we can call it that) was on rails, with the player actively walking through a part. And even on rails, seriously, no one here liked Area 51 or CarnEvil or Time Crisis? It's not what I was expecting but after so long it might be time for a little mix-up. Also, many of the haters on here don't even own Kinect and are bashing it. I own the thing and will it change my life having it or a game on it? No, but it is wicked fun. The problem is the same as the Wii, it is childish fun which this game may very well fix. Bash this post if you want, and I won't know if I'm right or wrong until more demos, videos, or at least details come out but I am looking forward to this game, even if I'm the only one.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The problem with the Wii, Playstation Move and Kinect is that they are all just gimmicks. Neither are capable of a game which will appeal to the hardcore gamers, no matter how hard they try. I wonder how much Microsoft "sponsored" Lionhead for them to make it a Kinect game...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The problem with the Wii, Playstation Move and Kinect is that they are all just gimmicks. Neither are capable of a game which will appeal to the hardcore gamers, no matter how hard they try. I wonder how much Microsoft "sponsored" Lionhead for them to make it a Kinect game...

It works better than i expected but every game still always feels like a test or prototype and an unfinished product so far. Im not sure if anything will truely make use of the technology that is in it.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and be the first to disagree with this entire thread. I've been a fan of Fable since the beginning and, while the takeaway from third person is questionable, it has worked in the past. In regards to the on rails comments, only part of the demo (if we can call it that) was on rails, with the player actively walking through a part. And even on rails, seriously, no one here liked Area 51 or CarnEvil or Time Crisis? It's not what I was expecting but after so long it might be time for a little mix-up. Also, many of the haters on here don't
even own Kinect and are bashing it. I own the thing and will it change my life having it or a game on it? No, but it is wicked fun. The problem is the same as the Wii, it is childish fun which this game may very well fix. Bash this post if you want, and I won't know if I'm right or wrong until more demos, videos, or at least details come out but I am looking forward to this game, even if I'm the only one.

your right i got kinect and it very fun to play but putting the new fable game on kinect is not right but i think they sould have made it kinect compatble

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Youre not even a Hero.., which wouldve been cool if they did another RPG farther into the future of Albion. Youre still the fool tarot card doing every little thing Theresa says. Besides the rumored Immortalists and Scythe Theresa is the only active maybe even alive Hero left.

Me, Im not getting this game and will never get a Kinect ever Im going to watch all its cutscenes on youtube when it comes out. IM SO ****ED!