• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remapping buttons on XB1 controller is coming

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
swap.0.gif

It has been mentioned that all XB1 owners will soon be able to completely remap the buttons on any Xbox One controller so that you can change what the system sees when you click a button (much like the feature that Sony slipped into a software update earlier in the year). It was one of the touted features of the new Xbox One Elite Controller (along with swappable parts) but you wont need to splash the cash on one of these to do it.

Soon, you'll be able to remap the buttons on your Xbox One controller

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I really wanna try out that new elite controller, but the price is just downright terrifying. As for the update though, that's awesome. There's so many games out there with horrible control schemes (what were the devs thinking) where something like this would've been a godsend. I have to wonder, will this be available for the backwards compatibility as well? I hope so.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I really wanna try out that new elite controller, but the price is just downright terrifying. As for the update though, that's awesome. There's so many games out there with horrible control schemes (what were the devs thinking) where something like this would've been a godsend. I have to wonder, will this be available for the backwards compatibility as well? I hope so.

Yeah it's weird that remapping buttons on consoles is only just becoming a thing, I do like idea of being able to customise controller too but no way am I paying that price for a controller. Haven't heard if it will be available for backwards compatible titles but will keep an eye out for any news on that.