• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Screw Bethesda

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I'm currently playing Fallout 4 on Xbox S and the game is a laggy crash fest. As you may know I've been working on my gaming room/ office, there have been headache after headache configuring my setup, display, and sound but up to this point it has all been worth it. So I pick up Fallout 4 with the season pass and dive right in to the post apocalypse. For the first time mods have been introduced to consoles as a play at your own risk. I get 2 gigs of download space which I quickly use up, mostly quality of life mods, menu fixes, patches, and settlement tile sets.
I get to Piper a companion you meet and she won't talk to me or open the gate to diamond city, I try everything and search online for an answer and I find it. I was using an alternate start mod which makes it impossible for the main quest lines to trigger, I uninstall it and try again but alas I have to start a new character and the problem goes away. I've mostly been building settlements and decide to start some of the dlc only to find that none of the dlc quests will trigger. I became stuck in a room locked between doors.
Here is why I'm angry at Bethesda, I had the exact same problem with Oblivion on the 360 years ago. At the time it was because I was playing as a Dremora, a creature type and not a select able race. Back then I was locked out of the shivering isles dlc and the church for the main quest. The design flaw is that they don't want enemies following the player into rooms with special characters or quests. Back then I used to hex edit myself into a cell as a quick fix. So if you use any game play changing mods the game will literally block you from experiencing any of the main story lines. I've tried downloading cheat mods and the unofficial patch overhaul but to no avail.
There games are terribly broken upon delivery. I'm upset because this isn't a glitch or bug it is a feature that exists in all their titles. Twice now they've locked me out of content that I have payed for. The point I make is one that comes from a customer. I should not be having these headaches just because I snuck a mod onto a console. If I look at the mods in my library they have been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times, all those people are probably left with the same issues as mine. If paid mods weren't already insult to injury. That means I could purchase a mod from Bethesda that they themselves are selling to me and it will defacto lock me out of content. Fix your games Bethesda.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Does seem to have been a noticeable increase in their poor business practices as of late. I own Fallout 4 but only managed to find time to play for around 10 hours so far but not had any major issues but then im not using any console mods. I dont like the whole paid mods system they are pushing and they have always been bad for game breaking bugs unfortunately.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I like Fallout 4, I really do but as with all of Bethesda's games they are buggy as hell from the get go. The Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch fixes a lot of issues but it all comes down to Beth's sh*tty engine that they've been using since what? Oblivion? Same engine; just upgraded. So it comes with a lot of issues. Sometimes the issue is a sh*tty mod too. I would avoid any of the Alternate Start mods currently available on Xbox for now. The only good one: Start Me Up - which used to be on Xbox - was removed due to the mod's creator having a (literal) hissy fit over the rating system they used to have on there. Which was fair enough as it was really bad. Basically, if enough people flagged your mod it was removed immediately. So yeah, fair enough but a little unfair to the loyal fans of the mod who loved and used it. It's still on the Nexus, and he could easily let someone else take care of it for him on Bethesda.net, but he won't.

The trick is to take it all with a pinch of salt and work with their engine. Know your load order and remember that the Xbox has its limits.