• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shadownet and Fable Explorer error

Bloodmoon

Reaction score
ok so I just recently got Fable TLC on PC and wanted to mod it. I found the file dump for all of the files that were on Fabletlcmod.com because that website is unreachable. I try to use Shadownet and it will pop up the banner and after hitting enter a couple of times it will pop up an error box that states this: "
ovInD4z.png

How do I fix this, any and all information will be helpful.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of people over the years with this issue and many have been here and asked about it. Some have found solutions and some havent, however as I have no 1st hand experience with the program I cant advise you personally. I have searched through some older threads but most of the solution tutorial links etc were all posted on FableTLCMod so you can no longer access them. Im sure someone who has more experience with the program could help you further, just have to see which of those is still around who remembers the fixes you could try.

I havent seen anyone attempt to use the program with Windows 10 however so unsure if this error is from an old problem or it could be tied to some compatibility issue.

Bloodmoon

Reaction score
From my own research around the internet I've found that some issues can be fixed editing control.xml and using the program Fable setup path editor, which fixes the above issue but nothing in the fable file loads, so I'm guessing it's a registry issue and I can't seem to find any information on fixing thanks to Fabletlcmod.com not being accessible. I also can't get some of the files that were needed for this like the def.xml that was needed for this to run properly, if anyone has that file and they would be willing to share it I would be grateful.

Roger

Reaction score
I was getting errors with FE Shadownet before and I fixed it. There's multiple things you wanna have done. Make sure your Fable TLC copy is not in ProgramFiles or ProgramFiles(x86). For Some reason FE doesn't like ProgramFiles and just crashes and gives you errors when fable is in there. If you have a steam copy just go to your steam steam apps common fable tlc and move it onto your desktop or just go outside of the folder program files and paste it out there. make sure your copy and pasting the fable folder and not just dragging it so there will be two copies of it. Another thing that fixes FE Shadownet is going in the config file in Shadownets directory and change <UseRegistry>TRUE</UseRegistry> to FALSE, just change the TRUE to FALSE and then you want to make sure that the install dir is set to your fable tlc copy that is outside of programfiles or programfiles 86 and be sure that there is a \ at the end of the fable dir like this <InstallDirectory>E:\Fable The Lost Chapters\</InstallDirectory> and all of that should fix it, good luck!

EDIT make sure you do all of these things, I have all of them done and my FE works great.

Ineedtofix

Reaction score
I was getting errors with FE Shadownet before and I fixed it. There's multiple things you wanna have done. Make sure your Fable TLC copy is not in ProgramFiles or ProgramFiles(x86). For Some reason FE doesn't like ProgramFiles and just crashes and gives you errors when fable is in there. If you have a steam copy just go to your steam steam apps common fable tlc and move it onto your desktop or just go outside of the folder program files and paste it out there. make sure your copy and pasting the fable folder and not just dragging it so there will be two copies of it. Another thing that fixes FE Shadownet is going in the config file in Shadownets directory and change <UseRegistry>TRUE</UseRegistry> to FALSE, just change the TRUE to FALSE and then you want to make sure that the install dir is set to your fable tlc copy that is outside of programfiles or programfiles 86 and be sure that there is a \ at the end of the fable dir like this <InstallDirectory>E:\Fable The Lost Chapters\</InstallDirectory> and all of that should fix it, good luck!

EDIT make sure you do all of these things, I have all of them done and my FE works great.
how to change useregistry to false instead of true

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
how to change useregistry to false instead of true

You would have to change the Config File in Notepad and save it over the original with the TRUE value changed to FALSE.