• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shops never open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEvilDOOM

Reaction score
After a while I notice most of the shops in Bowerstone Market are never open no matter what time of day it is. I saved everyone in Albion, and one day trying to check what was wrong I find that all of the shop owners are in the Pub getting drunk, and puking their brains out! I tried to drag them all out one by one to see if they would go to work or something but they never do and they're just sitting and drinking every time I go to Bowerstone Market. This is a real bummer.

Is there some way I can fix it? If I take these owners and kill them will I eventually get new shop owners?

Forsvars

Reaction score
How many people did you save when you finished the main story line? If you didn't save enough, you won't have enough people to open the shops in the towns.

As to your second question, people are vomiting on the streets because you chose not to regulate how much people drink alcohol. You chose the "good" option instead of keeping Logan's law or outlawing drinking entirely.

As far as I know, there's no way to fix this. Killing them is unlikely to help your situation. Sorry, bud.

SuperEvilDOOM

Reaction score
How many people did you save when you finished the main story line? If you didn't save enough, you won't have enough people to open the shops in the towns.

As to your second question, people are vomiting on the streets because you chose not to regulate how much people drink alcohol. You chose the "good" option instead of keeping Logan's law or outlawing drinking entirely.

As far as I know, there's no way to fix this. Killing them is unlikely to help your situation. Sorry, bud.
I saved the maximum amount of Albion citizens. LOL at why they're puking though. Definitely tried too hard to appeal to people on that end. >_>

Forsvars

Reaction score
Uhm, that's really odd that your shops aren't open then... Are you visiting the shops during the day? They're not open at night.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
I lifting the drinking limit and all my people are find. Maybe a drunk villager here and there...try raising the rates in all the pubs so they can't afford a lot of boose. That's what my friend did and he says it works. I can't confirm this though.

shane states

Reaction score
just keep Logans law intact is what ive done and as far as the shops not being open then you musnt have saved all the peopl.. it seems like no matter how mnay people die the first to go are the shop keepers.

iminplanted

Reaction score
When i completed the game i had the same problem , all i did was kept making my character sleep , i kept doing it for atleast 30 times and then i slept once more , clicked sleep till morning and some of the shop assistants had returned. try that

Status
Not open for further replies.