• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

sick of getting chickenbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
I really want to get the different legendary weapons so I thought i would send an old profile 5million gold and i would get the weapon from the chest, other than forgot i cant do this under my existing game so i have just spent 2 hours or so doing enough of the quest on another profile to get the gold key and then transfering money back to main account (which has brutalised the left stick and my thumb) to get yet another chickenbane, which would make 3 so i thought reload save (not as easy as most games) and open chest again and it was a chickenbane so i done this 1 more time and yep same pistol.

I have heard of people getting all sorts of weapons from that chest, why is it I only get a chickenbane on 2 profiles? Am I going to get the same weapons over and over? I want all 51!

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
I want a swinging swordjust got a thunderblade and its not as good as i thought it was going to be, found a website with all the stats of weapons and looks like the best going. is there ways to increase the chances of getting certain weapons as I find it hard to believe that I can randomly get chickenbane so many times in a row

fertile01

Reaction score
there are a set of weapons for each save file. Once you make a new save file, the game puts random weapons in all the chests (they aren't generated once you open them). So, say you make a new save, the game says "okay, lets put a swinging sword in the sanctuary chest, and a chickenbane in the golden door chest in the ossuary." the game doesn't say "oh, he opened a chest that's supposed to have a weapon in it, what should the weapon be?" it's pretty different from other games.

xRandyR00x

Reaction score
so its just bad luck that my two profiles had the same weapon in the sanctuary chest? when you start a new save on the same xbox profile do you keep weapons or do you have to trade the weapons to third parties and back again?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
so its just bad luck that my two profiles had the same weapon in the sanctuary chest? when you start a new save on the same xbox profile do you keep weapons or do you have to trade the weapons to third parties and back again?

You'll have to trade them to an alternate profile and then trade them back because as far as I know, it's one character per profile.

Rachierae

Reaction score

You can have more then one save file on each profile. and yes you would have to trade to a third party, then back again.

You can do this on the same console, grab an other controller and bring in your player from your other profile into your game, trade the items, boot them, change characters and do the trade (if that makes sense - my directions normally suck)

Status
Not open for further replies.