• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Had my first really odd glitch (besides floating mammoths and weapons) last night though fixed itself just fine and happened at 'The Throat Of The World'. Yeah ive been playing 50 hours and thats the last main quest I did. :lol:

Was when talking to... Paarthurnax I had the options up to choose between the meditation bonuses for Shouts when someone rang me. I forgot to pause the game and left the options open and then when I looked back at the screen he was still talking (text subtitles came up) but I couldnt hear his voice. Then I looked up and he spiralled into the sky swirling around as if he was in a Tornado. This went on for about 5 mins before he seemed to snap out of it and return to normal flying animation and land and I could talk to him properly again. (Highlight to read SPOILERS enclosed).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well he had to find something to do when you so rudely went and answered the phone.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well he had to find something to do when you so rudely went and answered the phone.

He looked like he was doing tricks in flight and spinning high into the sky, was quite freaky to witness. :lol:

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I bet it wasn't as freaky as my first hoovering and spinning Mammoth. By Talos, I thought he was getting sucked up into the air by a UFO or something.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I bet it wasn't as freaky as my first hoovering and spinning Mammoth. By Talos, I thought he was getting sucked up into the air by a UFO or something.

Only saw a mammoth sort of duplicate and then the copy started hovering until it was about 15ft off the ground and then hovered there then disappeared.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Anyone know where to find the questgiver for this quest? She sure aint at Riften docks; I can't find her there on any of my profiles so it is unlikely something (read:dragon) has killed her...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The best glitch I saw was paralyzing a wolf and watching it glitch seizure as it rolled down the hill.

TIP: This is great for new characters who start out. You can glitch into Skyforge and loot a chest with quite valuable stuff, it's the Blacksmith's inventory so you can do this continuously every 24 hours if you so choose. You can get Ebony or Elven or some nice weapons right from the getgo and really boosts your character along in the beginning of the game. But making items, finding, looting is much more fun so this is just for the impatient type. Good if you are outta cash too.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Best glitch I've had is a Khajit caravan stuck in the swimming animation above ground and swimming overhead through the trees.

Anyone know where to find the questgiver for this quest? She sure aint at Riften docks; I can't find her there on any of my profiles so it is unlikely something (read:dragon) has killed her...

I've found her in both my previous playthroughs, she's that Argonian wearing studded/hide armor & helmet. Just found her again on the docks at night (9pm) and she auto-greeted me with the quest. From what I've seen, she's always walking around the Riften Fishery in circles every night.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Couple of glitches to look out for that I stumbled across in my playthrough.

If you kill any respawning dragons in areas where you already cleared the first dragon, you won't be able to absorb the soul of the subsequent dragons and the body will just sit there, like so. Apparently it has to do with the game giving respawning dragons the same ID as the original, but the original is already dead, thus no soul to give.

When doing the random bounty quests for the Jarl of Dawnstar, the journal entries of the quest will become glitched upon completion, and won't remove themselves. So the "Collect bounty from Skald" objective starts piling upon itself when completing more bounties, and no.. it's not exploitable for infinite bounty rewards. Can't even be fixed via console commands and needs to be patched out, thankfully not game breaking though.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
GUIZ! I can shift into a werwolf and shift out of being a werewolf whenever i want!! best glitch evar! I turn the difficulty down all the way to novice when i feel like goofing around and i slaughter everyone. its such a great stress reliever. :D also i cant talk to ulfric and continue the fallen quest :/

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
GUIZ! I can shift into a werwolf and shift out of being a werewolf whenever i want!! best glitch evar! I turn the difficulty down all the way to novice when i feel like goofing around and i slaughter everyone. its such a great stress reliever. :D also i cant talk to ulfric and continue the fallen quest :/
I'm not a werewolf how would that glitch work?

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
I'm not a werewolf how would that glitch work?

WARNING MINOR SPOILERS BELOW

i really have to idea.. you could try to recreate it, but im not sure.. i was wearing full enchanted armour (custom enchanted dragon-scale armour, the Gauldur amulet, and thief guild-master hood) and the ring of hircine when i drank the blood. Im a khajiit level 81. I was wielding a custom enchanted daedric sword. When i turned into a werewolf i ran around a little, but didn't leave the city. i hit a guard a little bit and some guy died from the guard.. when my health was really low from the little brawl with the guard the screen turned black and i woke up to this one lady who is also a werewolf and part of the quest. Ever since that im a werewolf until i wait 24 hours in the wait option. Try re-creating the glitch, and save before you start the quest to become a werewolf so you can keep trying. Normal shifts last a minute and a half i believe.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Wait... So its not normal to transfer at will? Ive finished the Companions questline a long time ago, done the quest for Hircine where I decided to go for the Saviors Hide, and ive only transformed twice into a werewolf. Once when you first do it and another when I was just messing around, but that was by will. Dont know about the shifting out though, thats probably the glitch youre talking about.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Funny thing about that Hercine quest:

If you first help Mr. Werewolf kill the hunters and exit the cave, Hircine gives you the Ring of Hircine. If after getting the RoH you go back inside the cave and kill Mr. Werewolf you will automatically skin him when looting his corpse; prompting Hircine to pop up a second time and give you the Saviour's Hide as well!

Its eating your cake and having it too! Not all glitches in this game are evil game/quest-breaking ones. I don't feel bad for doing it, it's payback for all the nasty glitches...

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
I had a funny glitch, pretty basic, for some reason an agronian was swimming around at about head height in mid air, it made me giggle.

And I also had the same with a Mammoth, but it wasent swimming, just walking around..

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Conjuration: how badass will the summons get?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Very badass.

*spoilers...sorta*

Once you hit 90 skills in a certain school of magic, you can go to the Collage of Winterhold and talk to the Master trainer for the skill in question; you will receive a quest which rewards you with the very best spells of that school. Well, rather they become available for purchase. Cheap bastards... Anyway, for Conjuration you can learn Frost/Flame/Lightning Thrall which is basically a permanent version of the Summon Atronarch spells and Undead Thrall which is a permanent version of the Raise Zombie spell.

The Undead Thrall spell is especially nice because you can kill them, put whatever excess loot you have on you on their corpse, then reanimate them again with Undead Thrall. Unlike other Raise Zombie spells, Undead Thralls do not wither into dust when killed so you can repeat this process of killing/reanimating them indefinitely which allows to have two pack-mules with infinite carrying capacity.

Plus they will act like followers and once reanimated again they will auto-equip the best gear you put on their corpse so if you are careful in your choice of zombie you get two very powerful allies too boot.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Master destruction and expert spells are epic.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I just got the lvl 10 and killed a giant with Fus ro dah. Epic game, bit too easy to earn money if I do say so myself. I've sided with the stormcloaks and just took Whiterun, I'm a massive hench ugly orc bowman/two handed barbarian.

Dragons seem to be the easiest big baddie to bring down so far.

Is there any perks to getting married?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Is there any perks to getting married?

Free meal and a hundred gold coins everyday (if you fail to collect profits daily, it'll add up to a total of 2,000), they'll open a shop and you'll be able to trade with them. I advise marrying someone who is capable of being a follower, that way you not only get them as a follower, but you also get all the perks above while on the go.