• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Skyrim Discussion: Hints, tips, help and service.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
thanks but how do i get them to stop fighting me and talk so i can surrender (even though i could kill all them :devil:)

Try getting yourself cured first so you're back to normal, then go to another city and one of the guards should automatically approach you for arrest without attacking. But like ZJ said, if you killed way too many people, I don't think they're gonna stop regardless, so if you have an older save game to go to, can try that.

DoomsDayUnicorn

I eat Glitter. What do you eat?
Reaction score
Making Alchemy potions as become quite the challenge for me... any tips?

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Invest points in alchemy and you'll make potions that aren't as bad as the ones that were bad.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
Making Alchemy potions as become quite the challenge for me... any tips?
Well you could use the glitch/bug/loop for alchemy, but it'd probably ruin your experience if it's the first time you've played it. If it isn't your first time though, or you just really don't care, I can put it here for you. -My "edited" version of it that is."-

AppleMan

Reaction score
For anyone trying to get the Notched pickaxe, it's located on top of The Throat of the World (The tallest mountain in-game)

It took me about an hour to climb on top the mountain because I was using the method of trying to climb to the top by slowly and glitchely jumping and fell and died about twice. I then realised later in the story there's a path way up to the top, were you have to use the clear skies shout to clear the path.

Also for anyone trying to mod Skyrim for Xbox, it doesn't work unless you have the PC version aswell.
The only mods you can do are hacked saves, which include all the spells, all the legendary weapons and apparel. Your also level 250 and have all the skills maxed out. On pretty much all saves I've tried, your race is a Nord and your called Odin, so you don't get to choose all that.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Just a note (not sure if you guys have covered this, but I'll put it here anyway): Whatever class you play, always pick up the Smith skill. It will help you tremendously.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Step 1: Max out enchanting
Step 2: Acquire 'Fortify One-Handed' enchantment
Step 3: Enchant four items with said enchantment
Step 4: Cast Bound Sword
Step 5: Blood for the blood god

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Anyone who has the Dragonborn DLC know where there are some NPC's that you can sell items to? I was overencumbered last time I played & want to sell some of my items but cant find anyone to purchase anything from me. I have some potions that will up my encumberance but I want to know where im heading first before I waste them. Might resort to just ditching my items in a container if need be as it seems my follower no longer wants to carry most things.

EDIT* At work currently so cant test it but can you fast travel to & from Solstheim as if it was just another location? Or do you have to take the boat back? Just thinking if I cant find anyone to sell things to there I could maybe travel back & sell things & then go back again, but im unsure if this is possible.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
There are vendors in Solstheim, but some may not appear there until the completion of the main quest in the Dragonborn DLC.

Also, about fast travel: You can fast travel to and from Solstheim. On your map whilst in Solstheim, there will be a large arrow in the bottom left-hand corner of the map that allows you to fast travel back to Skyrim; you will arrive at the ship docks in Windhelm. When you are in Skyrim, a large arrow will be in the upper right-hand corner of the map, allowing fast travel to Solstheim.

Also, there is a quest where you can get a house in Solstheim, if you are interested:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Served_Cold

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
That post was from 1 year ago when I had just downloaded it, I have since figured out all those things and long completed the DLC but thanks for trying to help. Though did take me a while to realise you could freely fast travel between the locations with that arrow & some of the vendors were tough to track down. :lol:

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
That post was from 1 year ago when I had just downloaded it, I have since figured out all those things and long completed the DLC but thanks for trying to help. Though did take me a while to realise you could freely fast travel between the locations with that arrow & some of the vendors were tough to track down. :lol:
Haha, I forgot to check the date of the post. Yeah, took me a while too. Loved the main quest, it was amazing. Miraak had some cool gear.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Haha, I forgot to check the date of the post. Yeah, took me a while too. Loved the main quest, it was amazing. Miraak had some cool gear.

Shame there are no more DLC packs coming for it, had lots more potential.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I wet myself so bad when they released the Dragonborn DLC. I was thinking i'd be able to kick ass on Morrowind (albeit its just Solstheim), join house Telvanni, plunder some ancestral tombs and just get back into the Morrowind wibe in general. Instead it was all of 3 hours of gameplay on a tiny island.

I just wanted to kill a cliff racer.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I wet myself so bad when they released the Dragonborn DLC. I was thinking i'd be able to kick ass on Morrowind (albeit its just Solstheim), join house Telvanni, plunder some ancestral tombs and just get back into the Morrowind wibe in general. Instead it was all of 3 hours of gameplay on a tiny island.

I just wanted to kill a cliff racer.

I managed to get about another 20hrs out of it, still got a handful of small quests to do on there too.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Haha well yeah I got a tad more than 3 hours out of it, but I just felt so restricted on that tiny island. I guess I just got it in my head that it would be more similar to Morrowind than it was.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Haha well yeah I got a tad more than 3 hours out of it, but I just felt so restricted on that tiny island. I guess I just got it in my head that it would be more similar to Morrowind than it was.

Decent size for one region but yeah it could have been a little more detailed and included more.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
The thing that disappoints me is that Bethesda didn't release any alternative to the Thieves' Guild questline.

Think about it. There's a whole storyline that could be pieced together from what is already in the game. Mjoll the Lioness and Aerin could team up with the Dragonborn to bring down the Thieves' Guild and Maven Black-Briar.

What I think is that originally there was going to be an alternative questline where you destroy the Thieves' Guild, but it was abandoned sometime before the final development stage.

Your thoughts?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They should have had more 'alternate' questlines and more choices in the game, not talking full on Fallout style karma for choices but I would have liked some more choice in some of the quests.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
The thing that disappoints me is that Bethesda didn't release any alternative to the Thieves' Guild questline.

Think about it. There's a whole storyline that could be pieced together from what is already in the game. Mjoll the Lioness and Aerin could team up with the Dragonborn to bring down the Thieves' Guild and Maven Black-Briar.

What I think is that originally there was going to be an alternative questline where you destroy the Thieves' Guild, but it was abandoned sometime before the final development stage.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, and especially with the alternate Dark Brotherhood quest line it felt like something was missing.

They should have had more 'alternate' questlines and more choices in the game, not talking full on Fallout style karma for choices but I would have liked some more choice in some of the quests.

That was one thing (among many) that I really loved about New Vegas. I had a choice on how to finish pretty much every quest. Fable prides itself on the choices it gives people for quests, but Bethesda got it almost perfect in one game, whereas Lionhead are still trying to figure it out. The choices all had so much depth and subtlety, and it really let me play the game how I feel like I actually would in that situation (which is how I like to play).

God the more I think about it the more I think that Bethesda should make the next Fable game.