• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So. The Martin shooting.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
What's your opinion? Mine is: I wasn't there, I don't know what happened. What I do know is just how disgustingly biased the media coverage has been. Zimmerman is a white racist (despite being hispanic) who hunted down and unprovoked killed Martin.

At least if you go by the photos of the two. Why are we being presented a horrible mugshot of Zimmerman, with that pedophile rapist-look on his face and in orange prison clothes? And why on earth are we being fed the image of Martin when he was twelv? You've probably seen both.

Because the media is acting judge, jury and executioner in this case. All in all, makes me wanna puke. Like a cat.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I hate when cats puke, they look at you and wander over to the carpet while looking at you then just.... burgh! Puke. Then the little bastards leg it out of the room and hide till you clean it up.

Bastards! On topic I have no idea what you're talking about, I don't read newspapers or watch news on tv or news of any kind. But I can offer a jolly good quote about media.

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uniformed, if you read the newspaper you are misinformed."

I'll be taking my useless hind out of this thread now, cheerio oh.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
How well I am informed about mainstream media is rougly equal to how well I can sustain my financial balance. Poorly.

But if I understand the gist of it, it's f**ked up. But there's not much we can do about it. Or if there is, we're to lazy to think of what that might be. So yeah, these things will continue to happen, no matter how disgusting they are, because people just can't care enough about things that don't happen close to them, no matter how aware they are. That was just on the event, of which I don't know the details, or the media's biased details. I do know that the media is also twisting everything for sensation; this will also continue to happen, obviously. Even though it's totally wrong to do.

Yeah, I didn't really contribute anything, but posting 5 lines of text without progression is also an art!

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
In the end, all I know is that this guy went and did something that the POLICE expressly told him not to do: follow/stalk/hunt the kid. Had he complied with that order, we wouldn't have a dead kid and a pariah.

Basically, no matter what the truth, this guy is a self-righteous jackass who shouldn't be dealing out vigilante failures.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, in a state with has "self-defense" laws inspired by the Dirty Harry movies, what did they expect?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Because black people getting killed by whites generally create more momentum in the media of America. Next thing you know, NAACP is getting involved, here come Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Yah yah yah. Nothing new. Zimmerman was wrong to think he was some kind of vigilante and go after Martin after the police told him not to, Martin was wrong to just jump Zimmerman and swing punches just because he was getting followed... well, I can't say I wouldn't do the same.

But either way, cases like these stay reaping through the US Media for weeks to months, meanwhile you hear nothing about black on black crime or hardly any of the numerous black on white (PURPOSEFUL, RACIALLY MOTIVATED) crimes that have happened since the Zimmerman event.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
I think Zimmerman was probably in the wrong. There's nothing Trayvon could have possibly done to warrant being shot. However, I don't like the way the media has handled it in such a biased manner.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
In the end; whenever a human kills another, isn't always a hate crime?