• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So whats new to Fable:TLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fuzi0n

So whats new to Fable:TLC?

I see a few people asking what is actually new to Fable, the lost chapters.
And on the main site, it doesnt really say everything thats new, if anything it kind of lets TLC down, so i thought id show what is new. Or rather, link you to a page that says whats new;

This page kind of has everything thats news in TLC. So maybe even projectego.net could add some of this stuff to the fable:TLC coverage content pages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fable:_The_Lost_Chapters

This is basically the added features it shows on the page;

Added features

Spoiler warning: Plot and/or ending details follow.
The following new features exist in Fable: The Lost Chapters, which weren't present in the original Fable:
  • Nine new hat/helmets — Two to match the games good and evil platemail, two to match the good and evil will user's suits, one helmet for the new "Archon's" suit of armor, a "pimp hat", a fisherman's hat, a red head wig, and a chicken hat.
  • Five new silver keys, and a few more silver key chests, including one that requires 30 keys to open.
  • Two new suits of armor — the "Fire Assassin" armor, which is very similar to the normal assassin armor but with a red cloth and designs (found in Snowspire Village in various cupboards), and the armor of Archon, which is a shinier version of the standard platemail in the game (found in a 25-key chest in Necropolis).
  • A new torso armor — The hooded guild apprentice shirt (there is no dark version of this hooded shirt).
  • Two new offensive spells — "Divine Fury" and "Infernal Wrath"; area of effect spells which deal large amounts of damage to opponents in the player's radius.
  • Briar Rose; a hero who was almost entirely scrapped from the original release, is now included in several main quests and sidequests.
  • Scythe; another hero who was cut from the original game, is now a primary character in the new end game, and appears early in the game based on the player's actions.
  • A killable dragon who serves as the game's new final boss.
  • Several new demon doors.
  • The Northern Wastes, which were cut from the original release, are back. There are about six new locations there, which contain a new town, a demon door, some silver key chests, and an extension of the story.
  • The Darkwood Bordello, an area cut from the Darkwood portion of the game. Finding it allows access to a couple of sidequests, a new demon door, and of course, a house full of prostitutes.
  • Several new weapons, including a sword called Avo's Tear, which acts as an opposite to the devastating Sword of Aeons. Avo's Tear can only be acquired by a good character after destroying the Sword of Aeons in what was the original end of the game. This time, after the sequence the game continues, and if you undertake a sidequest, you can obtain this new sword.
  • The player may now solve the mystery surrounding the death of Lady Grey's sister.
  • The player can now become the Mayor of Bowerstone. Besides access to the mansion, there are no benefits of becoming mayor.
  • Several new sidequests and minigames. Minigames include the new chicken kicking competition in Oakvale, and the fishing competition at Fisherman's Creek. One of the sidequests involves donating books to the Bowerstone school library, as well as curing a local boy of a "terrible illness" which is in fact a intoxicant inspired hallucinogenic journey.
  • New monsters — Ice Trolls, Summoners, and Wraiths
  • New actions — The player may now do several new dances, many of which are quite humorous, like the cossack dance and air guitar.
It is also interesting to note that there is now an Oracle in the game which can be asked questions with some of the new actions you can learn. Once you reach the Oracle, it can tell you what has happened to the other characters in the game, which increases the impact of some of your earlier decisions. It can also talk to the hero about a number of other topics, including information about Albion's past and where certain monsters come from, the which adds much more lore to the game. The Oracle even seems to know a little something about the Singing Sword, which it links to the better bard, and the Sandgoose and its origins. In order to seek answers from the Oracle, the player has to perform a series of four actions, which form the characters YMCA.

T

TheBeast

Re: So whats new to Fable:TLC?

i cant find the fishing competition ( this is the first time i have played the TLC )and i dont know were Fisherman's Creek is. so could some one tell me were that is?

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

TheBeast said:
i cant find the fishing competition ( this is the first time i have played the TLC )and i dont know were Fisherman's Creek is. so could some one tell me were that is?

I assume you know where Greatwood Forest is? There is four exits there. One to Lookout Point, one to Greatwood Lake, one to Orchard Farm and the other to Fishermans Creek. If you scout around the edge of the forest you should stumble across it. On the other hand if you know where the path to Greatwood Lake is, then if your heading towards it just go right before going over the bridge. Once you have gone across a bit look to your left and you should find the Creek. I dont know if that helps, Im pretty bad with explanations.

:(

T

TheBeast

weirdkidinabox said:
I assume you know where Greatwood Forest is? There is four exits there. One to Lookout Point, one to Greatwood Lake, one to Orchard Farm and the other to Fishermans Creek. If you scout around the edge of the forest you should stumble across it. On the other hand if you know where the path to Greatwood Lake is, then if your heading towards it just go right before going over the bridge. Once you have gone across a bit look to your left and you should find the Creek. I dont know if that helps, Im pretty bad with explanations.

:(

ty i sorta get what u mean but atlest i know its some were in greatwood so i sould be able to find it

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

TheBeast said:
ty i sorta get what u mean but atlest i know its some were in greatwood so i sould be able to find it

Your best bet is to scout around the edge of it or use your map to find another exit which you hadnt noticed before.

When you get in there you should fish around for a while, you'll get some items there :D

T

TheBeast

weirdkidinabox said:
Your best bet is to scout around the edge of it or use your map to find another exit which you hadnt noticed before.

When you get in there you should fish around for a while, you'll get some items there :D

great ty

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this useful information +rep :thumbsup:

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

I am getting to be quite the little reputation whore o_O

C

Crazyarms

Yeah. ive only gotten one rep add, and that was from Kato.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

weirdkidinabox said:
I am getting to be quite the little reputation whore o_O

Shows you are doing something right ;)

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan said:
Shows you are doing something right ;)

Not like I was trying to gain reputation, just being helpful where I can. I guess reputation is like that old saying: A waited on kettle never boils. If you wait on something it seems to take forever but if your not looking, or waiting, it can happen instantly.

C

Crazyarms

Yeah maybe for you. I never get anything like that. Never won a contest, or a drawing, or a game where you win sweet prizes. Life sucks at times.

F

Fuzi0n

I post all that info and get none? :( lol.
This should be stickied, so people dont go asking what is new on TLC.

EDIT: Oh, i did =D
Thanks.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

The saying is also known to be "a watched pot never boils". And crazy, some people are just naturally lucky at things. You just don't seem to be one of them, then again neither am I.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Fuzi0n said:
I post all that info and get none? :( lol.
This should be stickied, so people dont go asking what is new on TLC.

EDIT: Oh, i did =D
Thanks.

Yeah i did rep you for it :p

Seigfried said:
The saying is also known to be "a watched pot never boils". And crazy, some people are just naturally lucky at things. You just don't seem to be one of them, then again neither am I.

You have been repped twice today so far aswel ;)

C

Crazyarms

Seigfried said:

Yeah such is life.:(

well sad times over time to go play GRAW

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

haha, well you can not always live in denial. I just let the luck happen, somtimes it is good and other times bad. It is all by random for me. In fact like this time I won this one this old PS2 game contest and won some cash. Then with that money I bought an Xbox and a few games. A tad ironic do you not think so?

Status
Not open for further replies.