• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Some New Info and Co-op confirmed

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Some New Info

Interesting little tidbit. +rep

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Rose is skeptical of the whole affair and is about to leave when a blind soothsayer named Teresa stops her. The woman convinces Rose that the little box she proclaimed as junk may actually be the answer to what she needs in order to reach her goal.

Mmmmm-hmmm.... :ninja:

X

XXXREAPERXXX

Ifo from Kotaku GDC

Now Peter Molyneux is taking to the stage to show some of Fable 2.
He will be talking up two new features and doing a live demo.
Money, we all love it, we all like it. In Fable 2 it's very important. You don't get money for doing quests, you get money for doing jobs or gambling.
He's showing one of the in-game games, which is like roulette and craps and he rolled lucky 17, which he bet on.
Here's the surprising thing, what you are seeing there is actually an export to Live Arcade game. I can take the money I win from that game and move it into Fable 2.
They will be releasing this Live Arcade game a few weeks before the release Fable 2, so you can play this game and save up your money and be rich when Fable 2 launches.
I can take this money and buy stuff.
I just wanted to point out I am a woman, that's not a confession, I just wanted to point out you can play a woman in the game.
In Fable you can get married and you can have babies, so I have been pregnant. There is no labor mini game.
Transferring money from the Xbox Live game to Fable is one feature here's another.
We are going to show off the next big thing. I've played role-playing games my life, and I live them. But what I really love is coop, dynamic coop.
At any point you can say I want a friend here in this game now. The henchman he plays in the game will be based on his hero in his game.
That's the first cool thing, the second cool feature any experience or gold he gets in my game he can bring back into his game.
You can keep on earning experience in another person's game.
His dog just noticed something in the distance and Molyneux pulled a "lookout trigger" which shows him what his dog was looking at.
Now he's showing the combat system.
The gaming combat in this world is going to be amazing. One button for swords, another button and swords. You can also switch to magic.
Enough of death and mayhem, lets go and meet my family.
Down here I have a little farmhouse I bought with my money and moved my family.
We lived here five years, we had a baby and I haven't been back for six months.
The boy just ran up to greet his mom, all in in-game graphics.
His husband just came out to greet her and the henchman coop player shot the man dead.
That can happen, Molyneux points out.

T

TcoWhite

IGN:

11:38:Molyneux exits the stage and John Schappert comes back.

11:37: The male partner shoots the female partner's husband! He's dead. You can kill your friend's wife or husband. Now the guy is pointing and laughing, rubbing it in.

11:36: The duo are going back to the girl's home. The son runs out and welcomes mom home. The husband isn't as pleased. The girl has been gone adventuring too long.

11:35: The two players are going into combat, teaming up to take down little guys that probably wouldn't put up much of a fight alone. Poor guys. Some framerate issues are popping up here or there.

11:34: Anything you get, such as experience, in another's game you can bring back into your world.

11:32: Now he is showing the next big features -- its co-op! You can hop in at any point to join another person's game. This is shown offline. You can bring your character into another person's world to quest.

11:30: Peter is demoing the game with a girl. "I have been pregnant. There is no labor mini-game."

11:28: Actually, this is an XBLA game outside of Fable 2. You can take the money won in that game and bring it into Fable 2. You can be rich before you even start playing the game!

11:27: First he is talking about money. You don't get it for doing quests. You get it for doing jobs and for gambling. Molyneux shows a pub game as an example. It is similar to roulette but with dice.

11:25: Peter Molyneux takes the stage to do a live demo of Fable 2.

Gamespot:

[11:29] Now it's Molyneux's turn to take the stage. Apparently Fable sold 3 million copies on the original Xbox, and it’s no surprise that he's here to talk about Fable 2.
[11:32] Molyneux is here to talk about "several new features" in Fable 2. The first is a pub game which looks like a competition between roulette and craps. And the game is actually a separate game Xbox Live Arcade game which will allow people to gamble and win money which can then be imported into Fable 2. The game--called "Keysto"--will be released on XBLA a few weeks before Fable 2 "so you can save up money."
[11:34] Molyneux then shows off his Fable 2 character--a pregnant female warrior--before announcing another new feature: dynamic co-op play integrated into the game. It will allow people to be called into a game at any time using their Gamertag instantaneously.
[11:36] After summoning a friend, Molyneux battles some foes using Fable 2's "dynamic crescendo combat system" which allows players to use one button for swords and another for swords.
[11:38] Molyneux's character then returns to her home after a six month absence. Her son admonishes her for being gone so long. Her husband also nags her, leading his co-op partner to blow said husband's head off and laugh. Apparently such actions are irreversible, so Molyneux tells the crowd to "be careful who you invite into your world."

Credit goes to Portarock :p

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I don't get it. I'm confused.

T

TcoWhite

To summarise it all

Fable 2 has co-op, and an Xbox Live Arcade game to be released before the game, money and items earned in the arcade game can be imported in to Fable 2

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Well the first article was about??...
The other ones made more sense. IT's cool about the co-op. though the other player can't bring there dog that's a little sucky. I won't be able to play the XBL game however. As I have no XBox.

T

TcoWhite

§ephiroxa§;164339 said:
Well the first article was about??...
The other ones made more sense. IT's cool about the co-op. though the other player can't bring there dog that's a little sucky. I won't be able to play the XBL game however. As I have no XBox.

The very first link i gave about a fable 2 scene or....?

X

XXXREAPERXXX

Seems like anyone can join anytime and the experience and stuff goes to his console if he leaves?

T

TcoWhite

XXXREAPERXXX;164342 said:
Seems like anyone can join anytime and the experience and stuff goes to his console if he leaves?

I think so xD

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

TcoWhite;164341 said:
The very first link i gave about a fable 2 scene or....?

Yeah :unsure:

T

TcoWhite

§ephiroxa§;164348 said:

Thats just telling you about a scene in fable 2 about the Hero having a sister named Rose and The Seer known as Theresa :p

Edit :- Crap forgot to edit my other post :S double posted by accident :S

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

TcoWhite;164352 said:
Thats just telling you about a scene in fable 2 about the Hero having a sister named Rose and The Seer known as Theresa :p

Edit :- Crap forgot to edit my other post :S double posted by accident :S

I saw that in the quote Tsuyu Posted but not anywhere in your link. Maybe I'm not reading it correctly. :(

T

TcoWhite

Lee34;164357 said:
that video was great!
Theres a part 2 and 3 check my post again xD

Edit:- Seph it should be there xD click on the link and look near the bottom read the last few paragraphs and it should be there :S

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

That's okay. I'm too busy taking screen shots from the sexy fable videos you posted. I'll upload the images soon. ^_^