• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spawning Chests

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Re: Spawning Chests

JohnDoe;392303 said:
Because you failed to read the instructions properly. Rename your FinalAlbion.wad and try it again. If they still don't show, examine the possibility that you have given them non-unique UIDs, if this is the case, simply change the UIDs.
I had this problem sort of although my chest appeared on top of a stone obelisk in one of the demon doors and would not be moved from then on. i decided to just edit the contents of an opneed chest and reset it was much simpler.
Havn't spoken to youin a while John how's things?

Eera

Reaction score

Okay, I know this thread might be abit off, but I just thought to ask something.

Well so I Roamed the FinalAlbion.wad File and everything worked out fine, I did exactly as the guide told me to do, but my problem is that when I'm moving a chest from the corner at the top of the page, and kind of put it at a reachable place on the map, it still doesnt change anything.
I mean I am "Applying Changes" And saving the current map, but nothing is happening.

So just thought if you know what the problem is, could you maybe help me? Thanks.

jwc2200

Reaction score

The most common error is not moving or renaming the FinalAlbion.wad file. Look in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels
If there is a file named FinalAlbion.wad, then move it to MyDocuments.

Also there should be a folder in there named
FinalAlbion with a lot of files in it.

If you have Windows Vista, read the tutorials on modding with it.

Eera

Reaction score

Well I use XP Fyi, and I have already renamed the FinalAlbion.wad file, and I also have that FinalAlbion Folder with alot of files in it. I mean when I open AlbionExplorer, the map list i poping up, the and I can edit the maps and everything like that, It's just that when I actually Apply Changes and also is saving it all, there's not really any changes that's been made.

Garadon

Reaction score

hi there,

i followed the tutorial and i was successfull with spawning an chest.
I put in the chest an Steel katana however when i open the chest ingame the chest opens but i dont recieve annything... the game just keeps running at the point the chest is openend.

i just don't get any items..... so i need to shutdown the game...

What did i do wrong?

Does anyone have an idea?

Greetz,

Garadon

jwc2200

Reaction score

Here is a tip to avoid the problem Stranger mentioned:
In every chest you add to the game, put an apple pie or some other simple object, if you make changes and lose the modded weapon you added, the chests will always have something to give you and not freeze the game. If you mod for a while and make many changes, then make mistakes and use back-up game files, you can easily end up with forgotten chest contents.