• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sponsoring A Guard's Break

Guilty Sp4rk

This is a red letter day.
Reaction score
Sponsoring A Guard's Break

Whats the deal? o_O I've played through Fable about 6 times and I've never taken the time to check this out. I accidentally sponsored a guards break earlier and I'm just wondering what it does :)

Guilty Sp4rk

This is a red letter day.
Reaction score
Re: Sponsoring A Guard's Break

Thankies :)+rep

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Sponsoring the guards' break doesn't do a damn thing for me. They come after me just the same as if they were on duty.

Cain

Reaction score

it depends on what you are doing. Coz if your killing people theres your problem.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score

Necromancer11;362583 said:
Sponsoring the guards' break doesn't do a damn thing for me. They come after me just the same as if they were on duty.

Well, maybe you sponsored only ONE guard. There might have been another guard nearby and when you tried to steal/punch/whatever, the second guard caught you, and the first guard was forced to come anyway. Sponsoring one guard won't mean you're safe throughout the town.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Soap;362846 said:
it depends on what you are doing. Coz if your killing people theres your problem.

I realize that. They come at me even when I'm just breaking some barrels or taking stuff from a dude's house.

Daniel Ray;362859 said:
Well, maybe you sponsored only ONE guard. There might have been another guard nearby and when you tried to steal/punch/whatever, the second guard caught you, and the first guard was forced to come anyway. Sponsoring one guard won't mean you're safe throughout the town.

Yes it does. Try sponsoring a guard, and look at the question it asks you. It doesn't ask you if you would like to sponsor "this guard's break", or "a guard's break", it says "the guards' break", as in all of the guards in that town as a whole. You can also go around to other guards after giving one of them money to sponsor their break, and you'll see them standing around and whistling, meaning that they're on their break.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I say its worthless. It costs to much and its duration is to short to make it very useful. Just be stealthy to avoid being caught.

Muttonchopsftw

Cocky Jerk
Reaction score

Necromancer11;362897 said:
Yes it does. Try sponsoring a guard, and look at the question it asks you. It doesn't ask you if you would like to sponsor "this guard's break", or "a guard's break", it says "the guards' break", as in all of the guards in that town as a whole. You can also go around to other guards after giving one of them money to sponsor their break, and you'll see them standing around and whistling, meaning that they're on their break.

The guard as in the guard you are talking to. In most towns there is too many guards around to sponsor ALL of there breaks costs too much for whatever your trying to do. I don't advise it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Muttonchopsftw;365846 said:
The guard as in the guard you are talking to. In most towns there is too many guards around to sponsor ALL of there breaks costs too much for whatever your trying to do. I don't advise it.

No, it means all of the guards. Look:

54381165.png

In this screen shot, you can see that it says "guards'". The apostrophe is after the S, meaning it is plural and possessive. It means all of the guards' breaks.

After sponsoring their breaks, I went around to each guard in Bowerstone South, and all of them were whistling.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

wer did u take that screenshot? is it in Bowerstone South, with the stairs to the left leading to Bowerstone North? I ask becuz i dont remember seeing a house for sale there.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^Don't post in old threads. If you want a question answered, send a PM or start a new thread.

Mattbees

Reaction score

If you lead the owners of house out of bowerstone you can kill them and buy there houses. also i think its just one guards break you "sponsor" and that whoever scripted it has bad grammr