• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spouse instant death

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Dutton

Reaction score
I've tested this in THREE playthroughs. Happens with any gender or any marriage combo.. with or without kids... If you have a husband/wife and they are housed in Bowerstone castle, once you make your ruling on the Sewage plant, they INSTANTLY die, when you are taken to the treasury and told your children have been sent to the orphanage. (This still happened even after the 11/6 patch)

Note: I've always married the NPC that I created with the village maker. Why? That NPCs "like" towards you NEVER goes down (unlness you force it). They ALWAYS stay happy no matter how much or how little you pay them. I have NOT tested this with marrying a "normal" npc.

So this bug could only be trigged IF you marry the DLC NPC *AND* shove them in the castle. I have submitted this to lionhead as a bug report.

David Dutton

Reaction score
Thank god, the game doesn't save itself before sending you to the treasury. So you can instantly terminate the game.. load it back up.. move your family out of the castle... then re do your kingly decisions and your family stays alive.. HOWEVER... doing so instroduces yet another random bug... If you abort the game, reload, move your family... after you make your decisions.. there is about a 50/50 chance that the spouse you moved gets the "jasper bug" and you can never interact with them again....

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
I've tested this in THREE playthroughs. Happens with any gender or any marriage combo.. with or without kids... If you have a husband/wife and they are housed in Bowerstone castle, once you make your ruling on the Sewage plant, they INSTANTLY die, when you are taken to the treasury and told your children have been sent to the orphanage. (This still happened even after the 11/6 patch)

Note: I've always married the NPC that I created with the village maker. Why? That NPCs "like" towards you NEVER goes down (unlness you force it). They ALWAYS stay happy no matter how much or how little you pay them. I have NOT tested this with marrying a "normal" npc.

So this bug could only be trigged IF you marry the DLC NPC *AND* shove them in the castle. I have submitted this to lionhead as a bug report.
I can confirm your issue, but not exactly. My spouse died after building the orphanage, ever so conveniently

Pedantic Dorito

Reaction score
Hey another spouse bug I have is that when i divorced the brightwall blacksmith (he had a handlebar moustache!!!!) he wouldn't talk, wouldn't let me interact and would just follow me around brightwall... forced me to kill him :<

David Dutton

Reaction score
Anyone I divorce becomes non reactive, but that makes sense. They would not b happy with you

mike6976

Reaction score
my create a villager wife died in bowerstone shortly after i become king but married another one in second playthrough shes fine i think it may be the whole create a wife deal causing an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.