• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Square Enix cancels Deus Ex: Mankind Divided pre-order program

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Square Enix have seen sense and cancelled Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's "augmented pre-orders" program. For those who were unaware of what this program was...

The "Augment your Pre-order" program let people choose the digital pre-order bonuses they wanted from their Day One edition of the game, selected from five different tiers that unlocked progressively.

Each tier included between one and three rewards. The first tier was automatically unlocked, but all subsequent tiers were unlocked based on predetermined (and secret) global pre-order goals for the game.

If you participated (pre-ordered the game), you got to choose one reward from each tier. The rewards within each tier included in-game item packs, digital books and music, as well as an in-game mission.

The last tier was an early release of the game, four days prior to the planned 23rd February 2016 launch.

1454783487692429379.png

Precipice

Reaction score
I can't tell if they have no idea what they're doing or if they think screwing people is somehow new, innovative, and delightfully received. Either way I'm glad they reduced the screwing to be within the socially acceptable threshold.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I can't tell if they have no idea what they're doing or if they think screwing people is somehow new, innovative, and delightfully received. Either way I'm glad they reduced the screwing to be within the socially acceptable threshold.

Was just another idea for the higher ups to be able to line their pockets before the games actually release.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I remember the days when pre-ordering simply meant ordering the game ahead of time to ensure you got your physical copy on release. No more, no less. It's amazing how much greed can overcomplicate the simplest of things in life.