• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

tattoo's and such

• Thread starter ruler_of_albion
  • Start date
H

Hexadecimal

Re: tattoo's and such

ruler_of_albion;122731 said:
sorta stupid question, but i always wondered why girls got tattoos on their breasts, and (assuming you know what else)

same reason they get tattoos anywhere else :wacko:
it's a part of the body, it has skin, it has visual appeal, there's lots of reasons...
I know a guy who tattooed a picture of a penis onto his penis...
people will tattoo anything onto everything...
I don't see what's so odd about tattooing breasts anyhow o_O

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;122728 said:
well, like I said, it also depends on where you live...
I don't see why tattoos would effect a career in the business sector, as most I've seen all have them... perhaps not where you live though... where you live can have the biggest impact....

Most businesses won't allow tattoos to be visible during work hours and some won't even hire you because of your tattoos.

A 2001 survey conducted by Vault Inc., which provides career advice, indicated that 58 percent of employers are less likely to hire someone with a visible tattoo or non-ear body piercing.

Here's a whole article about it: Drawing the line on tattoos .

H

Hexadecimal

Amanda;122808 said:
Most businesses won't allow tattoos to be visible during work hours and some won't even hire you because of your tattoos.

Here's a whole article about it: Drawing the line on tattoos .

... that only means you can't put tats on your hands or face... everywhere else is fair game... like I said most on Bay Street here all have them on the rest of them... but I also know the United States, where that study focuses, is far more conservative than we are here, which is why, again, I said it depends on where you live...

Employers less needled by tattooed workers

H

HodgePodge

Hexadecimal;122738 said:
same reason they get tattoos anywhere else :wacko:
it's a part of the body, it has skin, it has visual appeal, there's lots of reasons...
I know a guy who tattooed a picture of a penis onto his penis...
people will tattoo anything onto everything...
I don't see what's so odd about tattooing breasts anyhow o_O

Sounds...strange :p

R

ruler_of_albion

that would hurt...*shudders*

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;122817 said:
... that only means you can't put tats on your hands or face... everywhere else is fair game... like I said most on Bay Street here all have them on the rest of them... but I also know the United States, where that study focuses, is far more conservative than we are here, which is why, again, I said it depends on where you live...

Employers less needled by tattooed workers

Right, that's why I said I was being careful about where I put them on my body.

R

-Ravan-

I'll post my Idea once i finish Drawing the full thing out, It'll be just a concept for it. I want it over my left shoulder, and Higher left arm. It's sorta represents Me Being Protective of my fiancee.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I guess it's all about image when hiring someone with tattoos. I knew of someone who kept getting turned down for front-of-house type positions because he had tattoos on his wrists which showed when he reached for something...they said he "wasn't right for the professional image they were trying to impress upon the clientele" or some rubbish. Didn't matter that he was the most qualified person they interviewed :rolleyes:

Having said that, I can see why certain businesses do this - and not just with tattoos. I worked at an SEO/Web design company until last year and one of the rules was no visible tattoos, no crazy haircuts and if you were in casual clothes, no slogans, ripped jeans or bare feet. The guy who ran it was a young entrepreneur who raced trucks in his spare time (as you do), but knew too well that his clients were all businessmen who came form the school of Image Is Everything and even though he didn't agree with their standards, they were the ones giving him the work.

Funny how they didn't complain when my colleague came into work wearing hooker boots, a tiny black miniskirt and low cut top, though :lol:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;123250 said:
Funny how they didn't complain when my colleague came into work wearing hooker boots, a tiny black miniskirt and low cut top, though :lol:

Man, that must've had quite some background story to it!

If I ever was to get a tattoo (and I have been really thinking about it for quite some time now), it would be the Sigil of Baphomet.

Pentagram.gif

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Tsuyu;123259 said:
If I ever was to get a tattoo (and I have been really thinking about it for quite some time now), it would be the Sigil of Baphomet.

Pentagram.gif

I guess many would disapprove such tattoo.
Myself not included and if you like it, hell with others :D

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Tsuyu;123259 said:
Man, that must've had quite some background story to it!
Yeah, she's a slut :lol:. Slept with almost every client of ours until the boss found out and fired her.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;123250 said:
I worked at an SEO/Web design company until last year and one of the rules was no visible tattoos, no crazy haircuts and if you were in casual clothes, no slogans, ripped jeans or bare feet.

Any company where the employees arent actually seen by any customers ****es me off when they have stupid rules like that. My bosses joke about none of us having crazy haircuts but at the end of the day if we had one and they said remove it, it isnt in our contract so we could tell them to get lost. Most of us arent seen by any customers anyway as we work behind closed doors away from the shop. Plus most people at my workplace have tattoos a girl also has visable ones on her neck and ears (the bosses sons even have them thanks to me) :lol: :p

Angel;123250 said:

Letch of a boss more than likely, with double standards and different rules for 'certain' people.

Tsuyu;123259 said:

Pentagram.gif

Thats a pretty good design actually ;)

H

HodgePodge

I would get a Fable guild seal in the middle of my forehead like the guildmaster has :lol:

And Andy, where do you work?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;123317 said:
And Andy, where do you work?

I work for a Sports Nutrition and Vitamin company (yeah im last person you expected to have that job arent i? :lol:)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;123323 said:
Yes. You are :p

Im only person in the company who doesnt answer the phones though (they are afraid of what i might say to angry customers). :lol: :rolleyes:

However my bosses dont really care about tattoos and such and only thing they bother about is that we wear the uniform thats all. They actually commented and said they liked my tattoo anyway :lol:

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;123294 said:
Any company where the employees arent actually seen by any customers ****es me off when they have stupid rules like that.
Nah, our office was tacked onto the meeting room and we often had clients popping in to discuss bespoke designs and quiz me about SEO (I hid a lot at work :lol:). We also travelled out to London a lot to do expos and meet our bigger clients who were very image conscious. But yeah, if you never see clients, then I don't get what the big deal is either...

Letch of a boss more than likely, with double standards and different rules for 'certain' people.
Actually, he thought she was a hooker before she joined us, hence all the clothes :lol:. Elton had very little time for this girl - it was only because she was a Java programmer that he hired her at all...she didn't break any direct rules (until she got busy with a different client every night and lost us customers as a result) and because of her dress "sense" we got a lot of interest in the company, funnily enough. Three major clients even said they would go elsewhere if she dressed like the rest of us. Elton is a lot of things, but definitely not a lech - the clients are though :lol:[/quote]

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Angel;123865 said:
Nah, our office was tacked onto the meeting room and we often had clients popping in to discuss bespoke designs and quiz me about SEO (I hid a lot at work :lol:). We also travelled out to London a lot to do expos and meet our bigger clients who were very image conscious. But yeah, if you never see clients, then I don't get what the big deal is either...

Actually, he thought she was a hooker before she joined us, hence all the clothes :lol:. Elton had very little time for this girl - it was only because she was a Java programmer that he hired her at all...she didn't break any direct rules (until she got busy with a different client every night and lost us customers as a result) and because of her dress "sense" we got a lot of interest in the company, funnily enough. Three major clients even said they would go elsewhere if she dressed like the rest of us. Elton is a lot of things, but definitely not a lech - the clients are though :lol:
[/quote]

Hahaha. Awsomeness.

Java programmer you say...? Smexy.