• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Teyr's Little Boasting Primer

T

Teyr

Teyr's Little Boasting Primer

Most of us here, I'm assuming, are experts at playing Fable. You likely know how to find every silver key, get every demon door to pop wide open, and to find every last little special legendary weapon.

Feeling under-challenged? BOAST!

Boasting in Gold and Silver Quests is a great way to measure your skills as a Hero, and some of the gold bonuses aren't bad. Here, I'm going to go over ways to accomplish those boasts.

First off, most Quests have several common Boasts. These are:

No Protection

- Basically, you're going to fight naked. No armor, and no using your Physical Shield spell either. Easy enough if you know how to properly dodge or block, or if you're just a wily archer-nut.

Without a Scratch

- If you have Physical Shield and plenty of Will Potions, this one's practically in the bag. Otherwise, be prepared to do a lot of dodging, rolling, and blocking, be sure to watch your back, and I don't recommend using heavy (two-handed) weapons. A good Slow Time spell can come in handy with this scenario.

Fist Fighter

- This isn't actually that hard, but damn me if it doesn't drag on for a while. Even at top Physique, you're not going to do that much damage with only your fists, so be prepared to fight it out for awhile. Two spells that come in handy with this boast include Slow Time and Physical Shield, since they don't count as offensive spells.

Don't Let "NPC X" Get Hurt

- Basically, the idea is to keep the enemy from landing even a single blow on the NPC you're protecting, be it a grandson being rescued from Hobbe Cave or guarding Briar Rose as she recites a spell. The idea here is to always keep your eye on your ward. Don't let any enemies approach. Once again, a good Slow Time spell excels here if you're having a hard time keeping up with multiple enemies. It's also a good idea to stand a bit away from the fellow you're guarding, since enemy spells can sometimes do splash damage, thus accidentally hitting the NPC you're trying to protect.

Combining Boasts

By themselves, individual boasts aren't that hard. Combining them, however, can often make things quite difficult.

No Protection + Without A Scratch

Oooooh, this one is a nasty bugger. The lack of armor isn't a big deal. The fact that you can't use Physical Shield IS. Once again, spamming a good Slow Time spell works wonders here. Just be sure you don't get too close, and always fight the enemy by attacking their backside so they can't retaliate.

No Protection + Fist Fighter

Be a wily dodger, and just be ready to fight it out a long time. So long as you don't get hit that often, the lack of armor doesn't really affect you much.

Without A Scratch + Fist Fighter

Once again, Physical Shield spell works incredibly well here. Just don't expect to get a high combat multiplier or anything. And be prepared to slug it out for awhile.

No Protection + Without A Scratch + Fist Fighter

Ouch. This one's a toughie. I have just two words for you here: Slow Time. Preferably Level 4. And always attack from the rear/flourish to reduce the chance of getting retaliated upon, even with the slowed enemy reaction time. And have a lot of patience ready.

=====

Back to research. I'll update more with Boasting tips when I can.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Teyr's Little Boasting Primer

Excellent! Really useful information! +rep!

Twilight

Reaction score

Do you know the Show Mercy One for the Arena?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Twilight;140318 said:
Do you know the Show Mercy One for the Arena?

The two arena boasts are extremely simple:

You either kill Whisper, or not.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Great article, Teyr. Very nice work. =]

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Very well put together post. I love Boasting. Got any tips on doing the Rescue the Archiologist Quest While Boasting Fist Fighter I've never gotten that one.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

I can never be bothered boasting, i say i will boast then rain arrows on them

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nice little guide, not seen anyone cover that really so +rep.

J

Justincblount

I always take every boast except fist fighter.. what I want to know is has anyone ever completed 66/66 boasts??

T

Teyr

Albion Knight;140328 said:
Very well put together post. I love Boasting. Got any tips on doing the Rescue the Archiologist Quest While Boasting Fist Fighter I've never gotten that one.

Not sure if you read my PM, but anyways:

I've never done the Fist Fighter for that particular quest, due to the fact that the timer at the end section is a doozy. I COULD suggest this:

As soon as the cutscene is over, cast a Slow Time (Preferably Level 4) and then just run down to the docks. Don't bother with the Minions that spawn, just deal with the Minion Summoners that are hanging around the docks near the Archaeologist, and then hit and hit like there's no tomorrow.

That MIGHT work.

T

teatime

Has anyone completed all the boasts in the Hobbe killing competition with Whisper (dont remember the name of the quest)? Cause, Humble Whisper + Fist Fight + the quest is timed seems rather impossible.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Really nice list. I love the boasting, as well.:)