• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

That f****** map!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
I just need to blow some steam here. Why is it Lionhead can't make something as basic as a working map? Why can I only fast travel to specific landmarks? Why can't I see where I am on the map? Why can't I set a specific destination point I want to get to? Why does the sanctuary map look nothing like the landscape I'm travelling to? Why aren't there specific sub-location maps?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

I'm better now. Sorry.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah the map cheeses me off too alot. Like when you fast travel to Millfields you get plodded right next to the entrance to Bowerstone Market or in Brightwall you get plonked next to the Mistpeak entrance. Very time comsuming.

Twilight

Reaction score
Find an area on the map and scroll over it with the magnifying glass so that it's been highlighted then press x to fast travel to the highlighted house.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Find an area on the map and scroll over it with the magnifying glass so that it's been highlighted then press x to fast travel to the highlighted house.

That works if you're looking for a house in a town, but not if you are in the wilderness. Example: I can't fast travel to the Ossuary, any of the caves or other such locations. Fast travelling to the nearest location and finding my way there is... arduous, to say the least.

bradio12

Reaction score
how do you get the thing where an image appears under your post and stuff how do you do that?

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Mistpeak valley is the frustrating one, the only place you can really fast-travel to is the the demon door, otherwise it will either put you at the top of the hill or at the gate to the merc camp. It's usually the one furthest from where you actually want to be, but in most places it's not too bad. you can fast-travel to a shop or a house just fine!

Bluedrake

Reaction score
how do you get the thing where an image appears under your post and stuff how do you do that?

Check the Heroe's Guild section of the forums for this kind of question please.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I don't understand why you don't get a "you are here" marker. The map can pinpoint the exact location of all your friends who are on Live as little blue orbs - why not make the player a red orb or something? There have been times when that would've been helpful.

I must say that the map was something of an improvement over past maps, in the sense that the map is interactive and linked to actual locations in-game. Now if they could have the accuracy, scale, and canonical correctness of the maps of Fables past, combined with the interactivity of the new map, why that'd be just great.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
Even if you do highlight a house and fast travel, it only works for me half the time. Sometimes it'll spawn me right next to the house, or sometimes it spawn me on the other side of the bridge outside of Brightwall. It's very buggy, it seems.

Darkwolfdemon

Reaction score
I just need to blow some steam here. Why is it Lionhead can't make something as basic as a working map? Why can I only fast travel to specific landmarks? Why can't I see where I am on the map? Why can't I set a specific destination point I want to get to? Why does the sanctuary map look nothing like the landscape I'm travelling to? Why aren't there specific sub-location maps?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

I'm better now. Sorry.

Everything you said...I hope they listen. It is a pain to deal with those problems. That and it sucks when you own everything and have to take a long time to repair every building.

LordJacobian

Reaction score
The undetailed map designs annoyed me. It took forever to find a specific entrance to chillbreathe caverns because the cave entrance was nowhere near where it appeared on the map

Setari

Reaction score
Everything you said...I hope they listen. It is a pain to deal with those problems. That and it sucks when you own everything and have to take a long time to repair every building.

Yeah D: I'm all for realism but there comes a time when a 'Repair All button' is very much needed...

And I also agree, the map is VERY frustrating to use. I don't mind needing to go to the sanctuary to use it but for the LOVE OF THE GODS show me where I am on the map at LEAST.

Status
Not open for further replies.