• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Breaking Point?

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score
I know it has been a long while since I posted anything.. So hello PE!

Anyways. I was wondering if anyone is as disappointed as I am with the new 'Fable' Legends. We finally get a Fable game before the Heroes Guild, but it's not in a true Fable fashion. From all the tidbits I've read, it's more akin to a dungeon crawler rather than the traditional Fable formula we've all grown to accustomed to and love. It's drastic overhaul in gameplay mechanics is what really has me heated. It's doing away with what made Fable, well Fable. No longer can you purchase properties, go on your day and diddle about with the villagers, no longer will your hero morph from the choices you've had to make, and so on.

I suppose Lionhead had to try something different eventually.. But it just doesn't feel like Fable anymore (besides the art style). I just hope this isn't the game makes me jump ship on Fable.

So what's your guys' opinion? Are you looking forward to it or what?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I say let the new guys do their stuff and learn the ropes a little and find their feet and eventually work on a true new Fable title.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
You know, a few years ago I used to make this kind of posts jokingly, but since then I have matured (I hope) plenty and I have one thing to tell you; the game's developers have their own vision of the game, and you are criticizing a game you haven't played nor seen properly yet. So calm your ass.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Looking forward to it, but I have no plans to rush out and get it as soon as it's available. But that may be because I am a terrible gamer these days.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
I'm going to be completely honest here...

Admittedly and shamefully, I haven't watched the trailer yet. What I can say as of yet however, is that I want to see another Fable game, regardless of what its quality is - same goes for the story. It's just very interesting to see what the team will come up with, you know, since Peter Molyneux is no longer with them.

This also could mean a potentially positive outcome for these forums, assuming the game'll be successful.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Heres hoping for a new wave of fans as I think we have exhausted the old ones. :lol:

Yeah, I think so. Personally, I still visit from time to time, but rarely post. That'll probably change for most old members when the game comes out (if still interested). =P

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
WE'RE ALL A BUNCH OF ZOMBIES MINDLESSLY VISITING EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

But for real, I look forward more to Fable Legends every time I google it.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest naysayers in this community, but I actually loved the trailer for Fable: Legends.

I think it looks amazing, and the ability to play both the heroes and the villain adds a whole new dynamic to the game. It's a little early to judge the direction the developers are going for Fable IV, but if this is an indication, I am pleased.

Kamo1ak

Reaction score
Welcome back Kave!

I was really hoping that after the disaster of Fable 3 that they would try and bring it back to it's roots... It seems they are taking a different approach though. If this one sucks at least we know Fable Anniversary will be good :p.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I see it as another offshoot of the Fable franchise like Fable the Journey but with a lot more depth of gameplay. It's what will get me to buy an Xbox One that's for sure.

WittyUsername

Reaction score
A bit of an old thread, perhaps. But Fable Legends has me interested, but that's about it. I know a few other franchises that seem to be taking experimental dives into other material. With Legends, I'm curious about what's in it. We seem to know very little and don't even know what the gameplay(s) looks like.

I'm perfectly willing to let this exist even if it deviates from some of the nifty features in the older games if it's fun and if it keeps to the world a bit. I LOVE the idea of it existing at the dawn of Heroes (i'd love more to see the old Kingdom.)

I was really, really getting tired of the age of technology seeping its way in. Though, if Fable 4 does come out, a nice blast of magic and having the Void creep in should fix a lot of that.

At any rate, I'm not too mad about it. Yes, I'm a bit disappointed that it's not Fable 4, but with the Anniversary and this, I feel they're experimenting. Hopefully, they'll see what's good about the original and follow up a 4th title with it.