• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Hero of Driftwood (Idea/fanfic)

Michel

Reaction score
(Hello there. This thread was at one time long long ago on the lion head forums. It wasn't till resonantly I found out those forums were killed... So me with out ability to copy it here am sad. This thread is my Idea to the introduction of fable IV written in the form of a fanfic :p. I got the idea one day when I first went to drift wood. It takes place a few years after the kings capture and the land of albion has been taken by constant darkness. Enjoy)

Young Child (Strictly cutscene)​
The day started rainy, lightning shattering the sky like cannons on a dew covered field. It had awoken me from slumber. It was so startling it even woke my brother. We started to our parents room in a fuss. We tried out best to get in but the door knob was too high too high to reach. My brother ever smart got a stool to stand upon and reach it.
When the door opened he fell back hitting his head hard on the cupboard behind. and we saw both It was then I saw our parents standing covered in red with a shadowy figure behind them. A flash of lightning revealed a balverine. It howled loudly, the sound so blood curdling it caused me to faint.

Childhood​
(5 years later you are now ten and your brother 15. Both your memories were wiped of the night that took your parents. You have been living under the guidance of a clock maker named Rose living in Driftwood. She is talented with gauntlets and at the time is teaching your brother on how to make them)​
I once again awoke, in a wagon built of wood and stood on sand. Aunt Rose was outside showing Clark my brother to make his first gauntlet. He soon came to me​
"Hay, do you think you could grab me some parts?"​
He handed me a list (Scraps (3))​
I found one from the Hobbe hut just on the shore. They traded me their scrap for a chicken.​
(Ok just jumping out of fic real quick. At this time Driftwood in order to scare away bandits had made a pact with a family of peaceful hobbes. They are kind and one of them is a trader who will trade a assortment of meats. Some of them do know English and speak it well.)​
The second scrap I got was from Silver (Silver is Clarks girlfriend. will get more into her on the third part. As for now she has silver hair and her left arm is covered in Wrap)​
The Last scrap was held by Barker, a large fat boy who wouldn't give it to me with out a fight. He's slow but his punches hurt.​
I brought all the scraps to Clark where he then showed me an red augment indented into a rock. Sadly when I touched it the stone shattered and the dust absorbed into my skin covering my arm in sharp extremely hot stones. The pain was eminence. Clark soon grabbed my arm yelling at me for destroying the stone. My arm started to glow, so bright it blinded me. I fainted with only the sound of my brothers screaming sounding in my ear.​
Young Teens​
For two years after the incident Rose has been teaching me how to harness my power. Apparently I can absorb "Spell" Augment stones allowing me to use my inner will, something rose has informed me that heros could do free willed.​
(once again out of the fic. In this idea you unlock new spells by finding "Spell augments" which are rare forms of augments found through out the world and by crushing them you can absorb their power. Unlike past games spells get stronger with use and after a set amount of kills get stronger. They also change upon your uses. Like if you use time to teleport you can go further or with fire using it as an area alot will make it form walls or geysers as it shoots sending enemies into the air on fire.Of course you can choose the way it levels.)​
Clark has finally finished his Clock arm. Using his knowledge of clock mechanics and gauntlets he was able to replace the arm he lost in the incident. With his invention he plans on going around Albion using it to help those who lost limbs in the war so long ago. Silvers going with him to help him too. (last year I caught the two kissing with her bandages off. Apparently her arm is forever turned Balverine from being bitten by one at a young age. She wears a ring made of pure silver where the change stopped to halt it. After I found out and told rose it became a family secret. At the moment we are in a underground cave so she can keep the bandages off)​
Before Clark went off on his jorney he decided to have a friendly sparing match with me.​
(This is where you'll be taught in game the combat mechanics, melee magic and range. In the fight Clark will use electricity and a dagger. For range he will toss barrels at you that can be blocked.) I loose but only because rose comes in to distract me. SHe says her good byes to the two and they leave. in just 5 more years rose will let me leave too.​
(I think this will allow for a whisper element if you will. A rivalry to be better then you brother but also to have him back you up in situations)​
(I am done for now. I may edit it again to add one last character and edit whats ehre to fit the actual fan fic. I hope you enjoy)​