• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Official Projectego Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here!

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
The Official Projectego Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here!

The tournament consists of a number of rounds, depending on how many people enter. To enter the competition, you have to create an original character, either drawn on paper and scanned or drawn on photoshop or any other program. These characters will be used in 'battles' in the opcoming rounds.

Here is an example of a typical character you could enter in the competition. (I had to draw it on paint as my Photoshop is on my other computer).

Presenting the Undead Warrior, Sir Slaughter!

example-nerd.png

That's right, the feared Sir Slaughter is not only a level 70 Undead Warrior on his World of Warcraft account, but he has the mean attitude to match!

Watch out for his
cosplay, kids!:lol:

Let's say 12 people enter the competition, 6 battles with 2 people each would occur in round 1. In every battle, each user will put forward their created characters and battle would commence.

A battle would commence like this:

Fight starts
Player 1 attacks within 2 days time
Player 2 attacks within 2 days time
Player 1 attacks within 2 days time
Player 2 attacks within 2 days time
Fight ends

Attacking means the user creates a comic, which can be as long as they want within the 2 days. It does not necessarily mean an actual physical attack from one character to another, but it creates a short comic featuring the 2 user's characters.

This battle would be done in a single thread, where the 2 users post the comics. A separate thread, which includes a poll would be created where other users from the forum can vote on which comics they liked the best. The winner from this poll goes through to the next round.

If a contestant doesn't respond to a battle, then they are disqualified and their opponent goes through.

Rounds like this will continue until there are only 2/3 users left in the competition. Who goes up against who will be decided by names which will be pulled out of a hat.

In the Final, there will be three attacking phases instead of 2, because well, it's the Final, and these are obviously the best comic makers so it should be enjoyable.

Sadly, the Administrators decided not to create a sub-forum, so it might be sloppy at first.

The comics aren't based on art alone, they're based on three things:

1. Art: Is it decent? Pleasing to the eye? Terrible?
2. Creativity: Cool situations, interesting ways of handling the fights?
3. Funny: This is a COMIC competiton. It should be funny, but not random. Don't make the Flowerpot monster from Arubalanda appear out of your character's pants.

So even if you don't fancy yourself as an artist, you can still compete. :thumbsup:

LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGIN!

The characters entered are:
  • Leah the Interconnected Triangle Gremlin by Walker
  • Del, the insomniac gamerchick by LobotomisedLOVE
  • Duckbert, the Duck-Human Hybrid by poopgod350
  • The Seal of Approval by TJ Griffin
  • Shuriken the Dancing Ninja by Zjuggernaut
  • Walter-Fred the guy with the sweater and Viking hat by Dentie
  • Koko the Hamster-Bear thing by Skotekal
  • Earl the Robot who can summon Stick-Men by Archon's Rage
  • Capt'n McQuacken by SteamPunk
  • Eviluto the Floating Sabotage Head by Firis
  • No-Face the Skeletal Samurai by Ryu-Hayabusa
  • Hugh G. Recshin the Generic Stickman by Arladerus
  • Saturday Night Beaver by droded
  • Jack the Pumpkin Man by ScareCrowReturn
  • Tolpa the Interdimensional-Savage Warrior by TRA Rotid
  • Gerald the Grumpy Old Man by Urahara

L

Enforcer
Reaction score
Re: The Official Projectego Comic Tournament: Sign Up Here!

Well dude I beleive I "sign up" here. And... there for I do.. now. I have already though out my first attack.. hopefully I get 1st attack? 1st post? :'(

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

L;273524 said:
Well dude I beleive I "sign up" here. And... there for I do.. now. I have already though out my first attack.. hopefully I get 1st attack? 1st post? :'(

What are you talking about?

You enter your character here, by posting a picture of them with a brief description and their name.

You attack in two weeks, once all the characters have been entered and you are put in a battle against another person.
Whoever attacks first is decided between you and your opponent in the battle.

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

K then

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

LITGremlin.jpg

Leah the Interconnected Triangle Gremlin, or LIT Gremlin for short, is what is technically termed "an interfering old crone." She is frequently seen wandering the Gremlin warrens with a bottle of human-made rum in her claws, informing the gimwrappers that they don't know how to do their jobs, and how she could do it better.

She is the terror of the young male gremlins, who flee before her heavily belipsticked lips, lecherous gaze, and exceptionally grabby claws.

She also has a tendency to wander human homes making a nuisance of herself, but lacks the finesse and technical interests of most gremlins, preferring to raid any convenient supply of alcohol and/or food. When threatened, or when there's nothing better to eat, she takes the occasional nip of an old fat human. She also has a taste for young, attractive male humans. She says the testosterone adds flavor.

Her unofficial motto is "when in doubt, break something." She defines "doubt" as "sober."

Hey, I SAID I had no artistic ability.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Nice description, and drawing... I'm sure you could do better than that though.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

droded;273580 said:
Nice description, and drawing... I'm sure you could do better than that though.

Allow me to assure you: no, that is the limit of my artistic ability. Unless you want me to draw a flag withe legs or something.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;273583 said:
Allow me to assure you: no, that is the limit of my artistic ability. Unless you want me to draw a flag withe legs or something.

Ah, well you will have to draw other people's characters as well. I guess your abstract style could work somewhat.

You've also got 2 weeks to practice.^_^

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

DSCN2028.jpg

This dashing young thing is called Del and her greatest attribute is that she hasn't slept in three months.
"Three months and counting!" She angrily shouts from the side of the announcing both while crushing an empty can of Java Monster in her fist.
...as I was saying; this girl doesn't sleep. It's her insatiable thirst for all things caffeinated that keeps her awake and somehow enhances her senses. She is highly sensitive to all things physical and has the patience equivalent to a---
"Come on, already! I wanna kick some ass!" Del shouts and begins to pace back and forth inside the arena.
...well you get the point. *sigh*

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

LobotomizedLOVE;273637 said:
DSCN2028.jpg

This dashing young thing is called Del and her greatest attribute is that she hasn't slept in three months.
"Three months and counting!" She angrily shouts from the side of the announcing both while crushing an empty can of Java Monster in her fist.
...as I was saying; this girl doesn't sleep. It's her insatiable thirst for all things caffeinated that keeps her awake and somehow enhances her senses. She is highly sensitive to all things physical and has the patience equivalent to a---
"Come on, already! I wanna kick some ass!" Del shouts and begins to pace back and forth inside the arena.
...well you get the point. *sigh*

Looks like we have a winner already, AWESOME ENTRY!!@@!!!one

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Zencidal;273640 said:
Looks like we have a winner already, AWESOME ENTRY!!@@!!!one

Posts like this really annoy me. There have been two entries so far.:getlost:

It is a good entry though. I'm quite distressed you didn't compare with me before though, I've got too many ideas and you were the only person who's opinion I respected.:hmm:

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

droded;273654 said:
Posts like this really annoy me. There have been two entries so far.:getlost:

It is a good entry though. I'm quite distressed you didn't compare with me before though, I've got too many ideas and you were the only person who's opinion I respected.:hmm:

Aww I'm really sorry :( But I can't find ures, you said you posted a entry on ure first thread =]

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

u can draw more than one person in the comics right? I mean it cant be funny with one guy...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Shadow Knight;273701 said:
u can draw more than one person in the comics right? I mean it cant be funny with one guy...

This thread is for entering characters, but an actual comic battle can include as many characters as you can be bothered to draw. It must however, include your character and your opponents character interacting.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Zencidal;273680 said:
Aww I'm really sorry :( But I can't find ures, you said you posted a entry on ure first thread =]

I haven't posted an entry yet, but I did post an example in the first post.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

Prepare your feeble interweb minds for:
DUCKBERT!
duckbertds3.jpg

By poopgod350 at 2009-02-09
He is a Duck-Human hybrid created in a laboratory by an insane super-duck. Duckbert has no special powers except he can speak english and he loves the internet. On a side not Duckbert says "ph34r my |337 n1nj4-du(k 5k1||z!".
Did i mention he was fluent in |337 5p33k?

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

BEHOLD!

thefreakinfcc.jpg

The freakin FCC! (lol family guy reference) the FCC will put black "cencored" blocks on your character making them look bad, or like they are doing something bad. the FCC wil ruin your good reputation! he will sudjest your face is ugly by blocking it out, make it look like your swearing by blocking out your words, or make it look like your making rude hand gestures with his blocks! then your character will be banned from the tornament for bad behavor! mwa ha ha ha! you may as well pack it in now, cuz as you know, "theres no dealing with the freaking FCC."

edit: so his powers are: he can cencor you, and he can easily become offended and be really anal about rules.

am i spelling "cencor" right? it doesnt look right to me....

also, at this time i would like to sudjest that during the voting phase you make the poll so everyone can see who voted for who, and make a "no voting for your own comic" rule. so basicly the people competing cannot vote on the battle they were in. and if they do, it doesnt count. again, just a sudjestion, take it or leave it. its all good.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I'm loving these entries, keep them up!

TJ Griffin;274162 said:
also, at this time i would like to sudjest that during the voting phase you make the poll so everyone can see who voted for who, and make a "no voting for your own comic" rule. so basicly the people competing cannot vote on the battle they were in. and if they do, it doesnt count. again, just a sudjestion, take it or leave it. its all good.

I think they should be public, but the people who make the comics can vote for their own comic. It won't make any difference, as it's just 1 extra vote on each side.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, this is Official and it will start in 2 weeks if we have enough people - get people who voted yes to post their characters please.:)