• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Rammer, seemingly redundant?

A

Angelo Credo

The Rammer, seemingly redundant?

I've been thinking about The Rammer ever since I got it for myself, oh how satisfying it was to open the chest and receive my Legendary Crossbow, but as I used it, I couldn't help but think.

Don't you find The Rammer to be an extremely redundant weapon? I mean, what with the location of the last gargoyle and everything, why offer us a weapon that is significantly less effective than say, the Red Dragon, after we've finished the game? I just fail to see the logic.

It's not that I hate the weapon, it's just I fail to see the point in only being able to obtain it after finishing the game.

Comments? Discuss?

J

Jiin

Re: The Rammer, seemingly redundant?

no. your right. its not that i hate the weapon either, but honestly. with red dragons speed, and nearly the same amount of damage as the enforcer. pretty much the only excuse to get this weapon is for the achievement. of the gargoyles

A

Angelo Credo

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks this, really, the only point in this weapon is for those of OCD tendancies who need to collect all the Legendary Weapons (Me) or just a reward besides the achievement for the gargoyles, it just seems like a waste of time and effort though, it would have been more useful if you could get the weapon earlier on.

J

Jiin

yea, i got it for the achievement and just to add to all the legendary weapons.

red dragon is by far the best gun!

M

MayorJoe

i prefer my master clockwork and master katana to the legendary weapons lol.

G

Goretex

MayorJoe;230626 said:
i prefer my master clockwork and master katana to the legendary weapons lol.

The Red Dragon is far better than the master clockwork due to it's rate of fire.

I

Indypunk

I actually prefer the rammer over all other ranged weapons. The red dragon and the legendary blunderbuss closely follow, though.

But when it comes to ranged weapons, I preffer heavy ammo. I preffer burly arrows over small little peas, you know? Plus, when you go into maxed out time control and head-shot five guys in a matter of about 2 seconds, you get something special. You get to watch all of those arrows slowly glide through the air, and one by one pick the baddies off. It's quite a spectacle. You can't get that with the red dragon. :p

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

Personally I do not think that you should use a weapon simply because it is the strongest weapon of its type. Use a weapon because it add "personality" to your character. For example, my Hero uses only crossbows and longswords despite owning the Enforcer and Daichi, the two most powerful weapons in the game except for the Red Dragon.

S

Scarletsmoke

Miekkas;230972 said:
Personally I do not think that you should use a weapon simply because it is the strongest weapon of its type. Use a weapon because it add "personality" to your character. For example, my Hero uses only crossbows and longswords despite owning the Enforcer and Daichi, the two most powerful weapons in the game except for the Red Dragon.

i have the daichi, red dragon and the enforcer. but i still use master flintlock and master longsword, cos they suit my character, and the flintlock is a damned sexy weapon :w00t:

J

Jiin

i use the red dragon because its damn fast, and has the best augments! Increased damage and less damage taken. Boo Ya!

and for the people who try to justify their reasons for liking the rammer better, simply because they are unable to get the red dragon - whatever your rammer can do, my dragon can do better and faster :)

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Jiin;231101 said:
i use the red dragon because its damn fast, and has the best augments! Increased damage and less damage taken. Boo Ya!

and for the people who try to justify their reasons for liking the rammer better, simply because they are unable to get the red dragon - whatever your rammer can do, my dragon can do better and faster :)

How do you get the red dragon? :unsure:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

moonfever;231115 said:
How do you get the red dragon? :unsure:

Win that bloody shooting thingy in Westcliff... :getlost:

F

fable2rules123

The shooting range is hard for me because I can't go fast enough

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;231145 said:
Win that bloody shooting thingy in Westcliff... :getlost:

I'm really lousy at that. Guess I will settle for Master equipment. :)

Miekkas

Sissi
Reaction score

I've been trying to find a three or four augment slot Master Longsword for days now after sleeping for day after day

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Jiin;231101 said:

The Red Dragon is not a weapon. It is awesomeness, pwnage, and bananas in the form of a gun. There is nothing better. It can not be beat. And the shooting range was fairly easy, just used my master flintlock pistol and got as many headshots as possible. I believe I got it on my first try.

And I was kidding, The Red Dragon is a weapon. Just for those that would be an idiot like I am most of the time, and be like, "yeah it is". Just sparing you the embarassment that I usually go through because of my stupidity.

A

Angelo Credo

/Facepalm.

I dread to ask how this has gone from a discussion about The Rammer being a redundant weapon to both the Red Dragon pistol (which I used simply for the sake of example) and augments for longswords, so, rather than this, we couldn't get back to the topic at hand could we? That'd be real nice.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

Jiin;230569 said:
yea, i got it for the achievement and just to add to all the legendary weapons.

red dragon is by far the best gun!

I unlocked it yesterday, and I dont see it living up to "The Best Gun" It's pretty cool, but i took me 2 headshots to kill a spire guard... please explain how its good? I really like the Enforcer :D its like Resident Evil Fable with that thing! :w00t:

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score

rofl on either of my chars i havnt found a gargoyle yet -.-

C

Cthulhu

I think the maximum augment slots you can get for Master Longswords is 2.. I've been all over Albion in Fable 2 and the maximum I've seen is 2. The Legendary Weapons like the Daichi and the Rammer are the only ones with more than 2 and those slots are already filled.